BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

Lets remember we've already had a 'Sporting Director' under Venkys regime, Simon Hunt.

Is that rhyming slang? :rock:

What is the difference between a sporting director and a director of football? Probably irrelevant in any case, as every single decision Venky's have authorised has ended in eventual decline/failure. This will be no different. Anyone who still thinks this could go well is an eternal optimist, an idiot, or both.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought and may be far to sensible for it to have any mileage. I wonder if someone has been on to Balaji and stated that if Marshall had been given a new contract 18 months ago, the £1m offered may be worth 3-4 million. Pointing this out and having someone in to make sure it doesn't happen again, could make them future money. I know we don't have a lot left to sell, but just using Danny Graham as an example. If I am not mistaken he got a 3 year deal. If this was extended by 12 months in January next year, we may eventually get a fee for him, rather him walking for free, when the deal ends. Granted that may be a bad example, because of his age but it could make sense.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/paul-senior-7786a3122

Director of Football Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

2015 2016 (1 year)

Designated Club “Trader” with responsibility for signing and releasing players, brokering loans, contract negotiations (signed 15 new players, loaned 4 and kept spending to budget allocated);
Football Department Budget Holder;
Responsible for development and implementation of new player wage structure;
Development and management of scouting network across 80 countries - signing players domestically and from overseas;
Line management of Club Football Department team leads/ managers;
Report directly to club owner for all football department policy, strategy and financial developments;
Represent Club at formal Football League and FA events

Project Manager/ Player Recruitment Lead Charlton Athletic Football Club
20122015 (3 years)

http://au.eurosport.com/football/paul-senior-and-jonathan-hill-leave-roles-at-sheffield-wednesday_sto4988039/story.shtml

Just a thought and may be far to sensible for it to have any mileage. I wonder if someone has been on to Balaji and stated that if Marshall had been given a new contract 18 months ago, the £1m offered may be worth 3-4 million. Pointing this out and having someone in to make sure it doesn't happen again, could make them future money. I know we don't have a lot left to sell, but just using Danny Graham as an example. If I am not mistaken he got a 3 year deal. If this was extended by 12 months in January next year, we may eventually get a fee for him, rather him walking for free, when the deal ends. Granted that may be a bad example, because of his age but it could make sense.

You mean like a manager and an MD usually do. Like Coyle and Cheston are supposed to be doing?

It's hardly a full time job is it ?

Sporting Directors. Directors of Football. They are all pointless. The responsibility for the first team, either tactically or personnel wise, should be done by the manager, coach and scouts under brief from the MD.

You mean like a manager and an MD usually do. Like Coyle and Cheston are supposed to be doing?

Sporting Directors. Directors of Football. They are all pointless. The responsibility for the first team, either tactically or personnel wise, should be done by the manager, coach and scouts under brief from the MD.

Perhaps like us, they realise that those two are incapable and don't trust them.

2015 2016 (1 year)

Designated Club “Trader” with responsibility for signing and releasing players, brokering loans, contract negotiations (signed 15 new players, loaned 4 and kept spending to budget allocated);

Development and management of scouting network across 80 countries - signing players domestically and from overseas;

Report directly to club owner for all football department policy, strategy and financial developments;

2012 2015 (3 years)

http://au.eurosport.com/football/paul-senior-and-jonathan-hill-leave-roles-at-sheffield-wednesday_sto4988039/story.shtml

I'm afraid none of this points to them fecking off any time soon.

With references to 'new wage structures' and the like, looks as if he's been brought in to carry on Cheston's stirling work in downsizing the club.

• Backroom

2015 2016 (1 year)

2012 2015 (3 years)

"kept spending to budget allocated"

Good luck with that one bro. Not much room to maneuver on a £0 budget.

Not necessarily true - DOFs are a necessity for some structures. It's very much dependent on the style of manager. If anything, I guess the issue is more "why?"... it's very difficult to assume it's anything but another person to help strip back costs. The other alternative is they are considering replacing Coyle with someone even cheaper or a reserve coach - a DOF would take all transfer business from their remit.

The main problem I have - we don't need a DOF. We need a proper executive team and structure with a remit for making decisions. I expect Mr Senior will find out rather sharpish, answers from above are not normally forthcoming.

I don't understand Venky's plan if rumours were correct and they wanted to leave Blackburn why hire a Sporting Director? I am not against this move as we do need to slowly move on players who aren't needed such as Guthrie, Feeney (Rather keep Bennett), Akpan (Great Role model for the club though with his charity work), Henley, Hendrie, Ward.

I would like to see Mahoney Wharton involved more in the second half of the season.

I don't understand Venky's plan if rumours were correct and they wanted to leave Blackburn why hire a Sporting Director? I am not against this move as we do need to slowly move on players who aren't needed such as Guthrie, Feeney (Rather keep Bennett), Akpan (Great Role model for the club though with his charity work), Henley, Hendrie, Ward.

I would like to see Mahoney Wharton involved more in the second half of the season.

No one understands their plan so rumours are only that rumours and anyone can start them off. This just seems a weird move to me.

Any connection between Coyle and Senior anyone?

I'm afraid none of this points to them fecking off any time soon.

With references to 'new wage structures' and the like, looks as if he's been brought in to carry on Cheston's stirling work in downsizing the club.

The boycott continues

the plan is get DOF in to:

Oversee January sales and maximise profit for Venkys' pockets.

Give Coyle some protection from criticism when no signings made - no longer his decision.

Turn up at the next supporters meeting to avoid Pasha having to make an appearance.

Give hope to the gullible that perhaps Venkys are finally doing something positive.

Sign an NDA and disappear.

Archived