BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owl in peace

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cesus said:

Whilst I think Coyle is to blame for 99% of our problems, the constant absolute freebies we give away from set pieces does have me pointing the finger towards players more than management. I've only ever played football at a dire level but I always knew "somebody needs to mark that big bugger over there". I certainly didn't need a manager to!!

A good manager papers over the cracks with coaching and gets average players to play better. Coyle's to blame for our plight. 

Just now, philipl said:

I am eating the complementary Border biccies now...

And this is supposed to be a swish hotel FFS

Border as in the difference between success and failure.

Are you reading this stuff Big Barry? You might learn something

The biscuits are better than Rovers this half

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Coyle tucking into a Crispy Kreme on the touchline..flicks a sly V at the tormented travelling 300.

I have twice been on Hillsborough when we came home with completely unexpected 3-0 wins.

Now who would have bet on that???

Just now, jim mk2 said:

A good manager papers over the cracks with coaching and gets average players to play better. Coyle's to blame for our plight. 

As I said 99% of our problems are Coyle BUT players on the pitch MUST take some responsibility for marking opponents at set pieces. A free man in at a set piece is criminal at any level.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

So So true, yeah players should know the basics but its down to the manager to drum in the set piece basics who marks who etc...Our manager drummed this into us.

Just now, cesus said:

As I said 99% of our problems are Coyle BUT players on the pitch MUST take some responsibility for marking opponents at set pieces. A free man in at a set piece is criminal at any level.

Yes, you're right there. That's where you need leaders on the pitch - to organise and demand.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

So So true, yeah players should know the basics but its down to the manager to drum in the set piece basics who marks who etc...Our manager drummed this into us.

I would like to think managers at this level have more important things to be covering than mark your man. You learn that in first training session at 5 years of age and you are continually told it all the way through live. Akpan losing his man twice is rank bad. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would like to think managers at this level have more important things to be covering than mark your man. You learn that in first training session at 5 years of age and you are continually told it all the way through live. Akpan losing his man twice is rank bad. 

true yeah and I agree its school boy stuff but  should also be at every team talk when assessing your next opponent. Number 5 marks so n so you mark number 7  stick to him like glue...its school boy stuff thats costing us silly goals. 

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

true yeah and I agree its school boy stuff but  should also be at every team talk when assessing your next opponent. Number 5 marks so n so you mark number 7  stick to him like glue...its school boy stuff thats costing us silly goals. 

Akpan clearly had a man but lost his concentration and got caught ball watching. Our players need to stand up and be braver.

Archived