• Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

.......................Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams(Lowe)

...Feeney Bennett Guthrie Mahoney

........................Emnes

......................Gallagher

Wow ! a three winger midfield against one of the more effective midfields in the league?

I hope Guthrie can up his pace and his tackle count..........respect your opinion, but not a line up I'd like to see!

Need mulgrew and Guthrie in midfield, both of which are footballers  

Im tired of watching athletes trying to be Footballers stinking up the midfield. It hasn't worked for a few years now. 

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Mowbray got his chance. He picked and kept Lowe as captain. Chance over. Another clueless perenial loser.

You realistically expected a manager to come in a couple of days before a match, after a somewhat surprise sacking, and then change the captain, even when he had never worked with the squad or his coaching staff? 

That sounds sensible...

I have to admit I am kinda liking the evolution of Nyambe at the moment I feel like he could be a good RB in the future. I find it important to tie Lowe and Mahoney down to new contracts asap as well. 

I would start with:

------Steele--------

Nyambe--Lenihan--Mulgrew--Williams

Mahoney--Guthrie--Lowe--Conway

-------Emnes----Graham

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You realistically expected a manager to come in a couple of days before a match, after a somewhat surprise sacking, and then change the captain, even when he had never worked with the squad or his coaching staff? 

That sounds sensible...

I think he should've made Mulgrew captain.

Why come in to a club in the bottom 3 and change nothing?

Surely D.Lowe/Dunn would be able to make recommendations as well as looking at passing stats etc from this season.

The problem is that Lowe is one of the highest earners so gets picked to save face for the pen pushers at ewood.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I feel this will be a frustrating draw when we desperately need the 3 points. I too want to see Mulgrew and Guthrie in the middle, but I'm not sure what the alternative is if Charlie moves forward and Greer/Hoban still aren't fit. Starting Wes would be a big risk against a pacey Derby side.

That would be instead of the super fast Charlie mulgrew or the even faster Gordon Greer at Centre Half. Whoever plays there will be slow

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I feel this will be a frustrating draw when we desperately need the 3 points. I too want to see Mulgrew and Guthrie in the middle, but I'm not sure what the alternative is if Charlie moves forward and Greer/Hoban still aren't fit. Starting Wes would be a big risk against a pacey Derby side.

Imagine we'd brought in some central defenders in the summer who weren't old or perennial crocks.

• Backroom
Just now, OJRovers said:

Surely D.Lowe/Dunn would be able to make recommendations as well as looking at passing stats etc from this season.

The problem is that Lowe is one of the highest earners so gets picked to save face for the pen pushers at ewood.

Apparently Dunn is a huge J-Lowe fan, so, I doubt he'd be suggesting anything negative about the golden boy. A shame since everybody with a pair of working eyes knows that Lowe is not and will never be captain material. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

The only who tries to do any organising is Lenaghan, Mulgrew is too quiet.

13 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Great time to be playing an out of form Derby who've had a disastrous month.

Can't see anything other than a Tony Mowbray inspired Rovers win by the odd goal.

Great time to be playing Derby who've been decimated by swamp fever and myxomatosis after their training ground was infiltrated by a crack regiment of genitically-modified ninja rabbits on radioactive steroids and glucose pills.

They've got a gimpy goalkeeper whose right leg was eaten off by a shark, twin brother albino mountain dwarves at centre back, and their star striker is colour-blind white on green.

They're there for the taking, and Mogga Mowbray's all-star Rovers galacticos have nothing to fear. Put the mortgage on 1-1, it's a licence to print money.

What do people think taking the captaincy off Lowest this stage would accomplish? I am more concerned about sorting out our leaky defence ,positioning and concentration levels after half time and near the end of goals. We don't have a team of world beaters even. On the balance of things Lowe is good enough for the starting 11. 

Change the captain in the summer. Don't be surprised to see him in the premiership next season and some of our fans realising the versatility he brings being ,in fact,quite useful. 

Think too many people are obsess with the captain issue. Mowbray has more important things to sort out like the defence and installing his style of play on the squad. 

OJ, Mowbray change nothing? Really? A plan at set pieces, looking to pass more and having a style of play. We had no style of play mostly Coyle at all. Deffo no plan at set pieces. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Change the captain in the summer. Don't be surprised to see him in the premiership next season and some of our fans realising the versatility he brings being ,in fact,quite useful. 

:lol: wow. 

The team needs a leader on the park someone with a football brain, experience, vocal organizational skills not an athlete trying his best to pass as a footballer. That man would be Mulgrew imo all day long. The captain Lowe experiment has failed just like the Coyle one did so it's time for a fresh approach now.

Premier league your having a laugh !

I agree with the fact of Lowe is not a very good captain, but I've yet to see any evidence that Mulgrew is that mine other than football ability. I've yet to see any communication from him. As I said previously the only communicator I've seen on the pitch is Lenighan and but is he too inexperienced?

1 hour ago, Glosrover said:

Wow ! a three winger midfield against one of the more effective midfields in the league?

I hope Guthrie can up his pace and his tackle count..........respect your opinion, but not a line up I'd like to see!

If you think Bennett's a winger you haven't seen him play much.

Just now, tomphil said:

The team needs a leader on the park someone with a football brain, experience, vocal organizational skills not an athlete trying his best to pass as a footballer. That man would be Mulgrew imo all day long. The captain Lowe experiment has failed just like the Coyle one did so it's time for a fresh approach now.

Premier league your having a laugh !

Did you think Duffy would end up there after leaving here? Time will tell with Lowe. 

A leader doesn't need the captains armband to lead. Does he? 

No and in the past we've often had teams half full of them but in these barren times the best man for the job should be the captain. Why should it be the longest serving player or the one with the most apps when all he offers are those paper statistics apart from it making him more marketable by his agent of course %%% ;)

Did you think Duffy would end up there after leaving here? Time will tell with Lowe. 

Can see him being taken by a club in this league with ambition he's a handy utility man. That's all he'll ever be though Prem bench fodder at a club like that if the go up for the simple reason he's on a free. 

Sounds like you've lined him up a move to Brighton, fair play to him if that's the case best of luck to the lad but we'll be seeing him back in the Champ within a season or two one way or another. I certainly don't begrudge him a chance though but Duffy can swivel.

Just now, tomphil said:

No and in the past we've often had teams half full of them but in these barren times the best man for the job should be the captain. Why should it be the longest serving player or the one with the most apps when all he offers are those paper statistics apart from it making him more marketable by his agent of course %%% ;)

i just think changing the captain now would needlessly create an issue that we don't need. Maybe some of the players like having Lowe as captain. Also, I don't think there is a stand out candidate. I thought maybe Mulgrew, but now others are saying he isn't actually that vocal. We have more important things to focus on right now. People are too fixated on the captain issue. 

Are you genuinely implying that Lowe is captain because of agent involvement? 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do people think taking the captaincy off Lowest this stage would accomplish? I am more concerned about sorting out our leaky defence ,positioning and concentration levels after half time and near the end of goals. We don't have a team of world beaters even. On the balance of things Lowe is good enough for the starting 11. 

I was with you until that point and only because the only other right back we have is a young lad still learning his trade. I'd be amazed if he was in the Premiership next season, or any season. He's versatile to the point where he'll play wherever he's asked, run around a lot, but is generally crap at it. Should be nothing more than a League 1 right back or Championship bench warmer at most. But, whilst he'sin the team (rightly or wrongly) and he's captain it would be foolish to come in and strip him of it without even seeing the train for a full day. Why risk upsetting or splitting an already fragile dressing room when we need everyone fully behind Mowbray for the next 14 games?

Archived