BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby at home

Just now, Mercerman said:

Get's even better for Rovers as looks like Derby will be missing both Keogh and Shackell from centre of defence.

Rovers at 21/10 to win is good value and given Derby's injury problems in defence, I think we are going to win this one comfortably now.  Confidence and momentum are everything and win our next three home matches, which is very doable given the opposition, then this season can almost then be put to bed.

I did a Leicester/Rovers double at 14/1. This victory will be extra sweet if we manage to pull it off :)

Who will come in for the 2 centre halves do you know? Keogh has been getting a lot of stick off the fans lately

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1arC said:

Fantastic optimism and I have to say, not only do I like it, I hope like hell it happens. :) 

The power of positive thinking is enormous.

Many years ago, an organisation I was involved in did a series of sessions that were led by an internationally renowned psychologist who had also worked with elite sports people.  The results were amazing - the whole place was buzzing and it transformed a business that was merely treading water into a dynamic, innovative and successful organisation. 

If you go round saying something can't be done it wont get done, if you keep telling folk they are cr@p at their job, cr@p is what they'll deliver.  Think positively!

The power of positive thinking is enormous.

Many years ago, an organisation I was involved in did a series of sessions that were led by an internationally renowned psychologist who had also worked with elite sports people.  The results were amazing - the whole place was buzzing and it transformed a business that was merely treading water into a dynamic, innovative and successful organisation. 

If you go round saying something can't be done it wont get done, if you keep telling folk they are cr@p at their job, cr@p is what they'll deliver.  Think positively!

Love this Mercer however it has not turned out very well so far. Let's hope it changes, I'll think positive thoughts with you.

Just now, Mike E said:

You've really turned round Mercerman! When you first joined you were practically the Miseryman!

I try to think positively too and I'm surprised at how winnable tonight feels.

Look, I'm just being realistic.  Bottom line is that this is a bang average league from top to bottom as evidenced by our double over Newcastle.  We do have some decent players who would walk into most Championship sides.  A savvy manager should be able to organise us sufficiently well and get far more out of us - I think we are at worse a mid table team with a half decent manager.  We should be able to see off average outfits like Derby at home.  If we were playing Bayern Munich, Real Madrid etc then that would be a completely different matter and I wouldn't give us snowball's chance in hell. 

Good to see a big 'bounce' on this match thread compared to other recent ones. Hours yet before even the team is announced :D

Let's all do the Mowbray Bounce.

Im sticking with a Rovers win 2-1

Going to stay up for it and follow on dodgy SSN if the signal holds and Talkshite vpn version ;) and here naturally.

48 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Get's even better for Rovers as looks like Derby will be missing both Keogh and Shackell from centre of defence.

Rovers at 21/10 to win is good value and given Derby's injury problems in defence, I think we are going to win this one comfortably now.  Confidence and momentum are everything and win our next three home matches, which is very doable given the opposition, then this season can almost then be put to bed.

'Comfortably'. Quick question, when did we last win a match comfortably outside of League Two Blackpool at home in the Cup? You and I know we don't have it in us to win comfortably right now, so why say it?

That's it then, we're stuffed. 

Its almost got the cup tie feel about it this. I am as nervous as heel too, as I know a win tonight could be massive, for lots of different reasons. I would love to be looking at the league table next week, with us outside the bottom 3.

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Look, I'm just being realistic.

That would be a first :P

Positive thinking is nice and I'm sure it can help, but even if every fan in the ground is taking E's and buzzing like a bee it won't make a shred of difference unless the players are in the same frame of mind (to clarify - not high on E's, just positive).

Our Owen was all about positive thinking. He's now positively unemployed.

21 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I am the originator of the 'Dunny likes Jason' thing. I have said this a few times now so apologies in advance but is is especially pertinent now that he may be influential in team selection. I was at a forum at Blackburn library about three years ago and Dunn was a guest speaker alongside James Beattie and referee Mike Dean. The general uselessness of Lowe was raised (not by me surprisingly) and I was confident that Dunn wouldn't be able to fully disguise his contempt for his polar opposite in football terms but to my surprise he went the other way on it and predicted an international future for him! In the next breath he made a not so subtle dig about Ruben Rochina which again surprised me. 

I always remember Maradona stating that Pele knows absolutely nothing about football and advising people to ignore anything Pele says about the game as he is always wrong. I thought about that when Dunn (a player I loved) took over at Oldham. I wondered if he,( like Pele ) knows nothing about the game. I wasn't surprised when it didn't work out for him.

Now that he is heavily involved with the first team, I am a little concerned about his influence. Reading in between the lines from one or two Mowbray comments, it is clear he is looking to bring his own staff in at some point so time will tell. As I said the other day, Mowbray will be heavily focussed on our dreadful defence, characterised by Shakin' Stevens in the nets, and the lack of contribution from Lowey may be overlooked.

Thanks for your insight, very interesting.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Will the match be on TV or any "online source"? 

Does not seem to be, Brighton v Newcastle seems to be the only championship game being shown live worldwide. 

Although a few countries are scheduled to be showing Saturday's game against Wigan

http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/blackburn-rovers/    *

*The above link shows scheduled official tv broadcasts and official streams

There is an argument to be made that maybe Guthrie and Mulgrew might be a bit similar and not the most mobile of pairings in midfield (though I'd like to think it might work at some point) and both prefer playing with someone to do the running for them there.  Perhaps more importantly, as Mowbray seems to want to play a more possession based game, having Mulgrew in the centre of defence improves the distribution from there a hell of a lot, especially having another player in centre mid, Guthrie, that can pass, so they can work in combination.

On Rovers Player it looked like Lowe did okay against Burton so I wouldn't be suprised to see him picked again, though you miss a lot of off the ball stuff on tv.  I'd prefer Bennett as it looked like he did okay in his previous game at centre mid. I think his best position is behind the striker but Emnes should play there, Bennett has never looked that good on the wings, where I'd probably go for Mahoney and Conway or Gallagher if fit (interchanging with Emnes), I'm no fan of the brainless Feeney.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Does not seem to be, Brighton v Newcastle seems to be the only championship game being shown live worldwide. 

Although a few countries are scheduled to be showing Saturday's game against Wigan

http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/blackburn-rovers/    *

*The above link shows scheduled official tv broadcasts and official streams

Thanks-very useful. 

It says the tonights game is on Derby player. Why doesn't rovers player show these type of games live I wonder? 

Loving the new found optimism on the board, It's usually ten steps down from the feeling around Ewood on match days, so it bodes well for tonight.

Hoping a corner will be turned against Derby even though the new manager has still had very little time. just hope he has changed enough.

COYB

Archived