BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watch out players about

chor808

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

There was a poster a while back who if he wasn't Keith Andrews was almost certainly related to him. Would defend Andrews to the  hilt and would not accept any criticism of him. Can't remember his board name perhaps someone else can 

And soon disappeared after Keef was sold. :rock:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, renrag said:

As an enforcer I believe we had one of the best in Batty. If he had been injury free in the Championship season, I think  we would have romped it, instead of biting our nails at Anfield

On the other hand, when Batty came back from injury our results dipped. Not solely his fault I'm sure but Atkins did not deserve to be dropped.

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

On the other hand, when Batty came back from injury our results dipped. Not solely his fault I'm sure but Atkins did not deserve to be dropped.

That's how I remember it. I think Batty was brought back too soon and Atkins was playing well.  

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes Batty (aka The Crab) disrupted the whole team. As limited as Super Atko was we missed his engine and eye for an important goal during the run in.

16 hours ago, renrag said:

As an enforcer I believe we had one of the best in Batty. If he had been injury free in the Championship season, I think  we would have romped it, instead of biting our nails at Anfield

In that midfield "  destroyer " role Batty was a class act and a lot better footballer than he was given credit for. One up side of his injury was we got to see Paul Warhurst in the Blue  & White. He also was a pleasure to watch in that central midfield position.

12 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Yes Batty (aka The Crab) disrupted the whole team. As limited as Super Atko was we missed his engine and eye for an important goal during the run in.

I really liked Batty when he was fit.

Atkins though, who'd have thought he would be a championship winner for us after breaking our hearts with a late own goal against Liverpool and our future manager!?

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In that midfield "  destroyer " role Batty was a class act and a lot better footballer than he was given credit for. One up side of his injury was we got to see Paul Warhurst in the Blue  & White. He also was a pleasure to watch in that central midfield position.

I thought we signed Batty once Warhurst broke his leg. I'm getting old my memory is playing tricks but that is how I remembered, the season before we won the premiership.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I thought we signed Batty once Warhurst broke his leg. I'm getting old my memory is playing tricks but that is how I remembered, the season before we won the premiership.

Yes you're right. Warhurst came first shortly followed by Batty when Warhurst got injured. My mistake.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes you're right. Warhurst came first shortly followed by Batty when Warhurst got injured. My mistake.

Both were class acts. Both suffered from injuries. It's been debated on here before but I reckon Warhurst would have been an England regular if he would have been injury free. He could star at centre half, centre mid, and centre forward. Not many players can do that.

I heard that Dalglish wanted McAlister from Leeds. Howard Wilkinson said no, but you can have Batty.

Batty's return didn't disrupt the title winning team, it was Jason Wilcox's knee injury. Either Jeff Kenna or Le Saux had to play winger during the run in. Wilcox got loads of stick but gave that team expert balance.

Super Atko will always be a far bigger legend to me. A £40k misfitt fullback who became more than the sum of his parts. Every goal he scored in 94/95 was vital. For him to survive and prosper during that 'marque' signing bonanza period is testomony to his work ethic and mental strength.

He is an inspiration to all players with limited ability. Work hard and you can make it.

Exactly right! Anyone else remember an away game at Spurs when our entire  first choice mid-field was either injured or suspended and we were written off by everyone as having no chance?

The central mid-field 2 were Atkins and that guy Kenny signed from Plymouth!

They ran the show! Atkins was absolutely outstanding that day and we won!

A very under-rated player was Mark, but not by me!

42 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Super Atko will always be a far bigger legend to me. A £40k misfitt fullback who became more than the sum of his parts. Every goal he scored in 94/95 was vital. For him to survive and prosper during that 'marque' signing bonanza period is testomony to his work ethic and mental strength.

He is an inspiration to all players with limited ability. Work hard and you can make it.

He was the best player on the park in the testimonial game at Ewood (I can't remember if it was Garners or Shearer's).

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Lowe is absolutely the worst midfielder and non captain I have ever witnessed in a rovers shirt can't head pass shoot score tackle nor can he lead a donkey to the beach useless waste of s shirt

But but he'll be in the Prem next season we keep getting told !   

On 1/3/2017 at 3:45 PM, jim mk2 said:

There was a poster a while back who if he wasn't Keith Andrews was almost certainly related to him. Would defend Andrews to the  hilt and would not accept any criticism of him. Can't remember his board name perhaps someone else can 

I often defended him on the now defunct messageboard.

The lad was brought in to be a bench player but because of injuries ended up playing a lot and then getting criticised for not being up to the standard of who he was replacing. I thought he was treated very badly by fans and I felt he deserved better treatment than he got at Ewood.

• Backroom
Just now, mcflash said:

I often defended him on the now defunct messageboard.

The lad was brought in to be a bench player but because of injuries ended up playing a lot and then getting criticised for not being up to the standard of who he was replacing. I thought he was treated very badly by fans and I felt he deserved better treatment than he got at Ewood.

The person Jim mentions took it to the extreme though, it seemed it was the only subject they spoke about 

Archived