BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Reading Away

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers is the only game starting at 8pm rather than 7:45pm. Bit odd but it also means that we will also know the results of all the other games with 15 mins left. Hope we can keep things tight to give ourselves a chance.

4 hours ago, Martin Palm said:

Sorry guys, second away day for me... as a Swedish brfc suporter, where to met up if your`re going from London?

Enjoy and bring some Rovers good luck with you.

Im sure someone will get back to you re a meet up place.

COYB :rover:

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Rovers is the only game starting at 8pm rather than 7:45pm. Bit odd but it also means that we will also know the results of all the other games with 15 mins left. Hope we can keep things tight to give ourselves a chance.

Reading's evening games always kick off at 8pm for some reason.

We'll probably nick a surprise result here, before following it up with a meek showing and 2-0 defeat against Barnsley.

38 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Reading's evening games always kick off at 8pm for some reason.

We'll probably nick a surprise result here, before following it up with a meek showing and 2-0 defeat against Barnsley.

It will probably be to do with traffic or on Police advice. When Rovers came down all our midweek home games were 8pm for the first couple of seasons.

Big game tonight, looking forward to it, going to my second away game tonight to Reading I would change the line up a little as having seen a few performances I think it is important we try and be a little more aggressive and try and push for a result. Reading are not to me at least an outstanding team. The main threats come from Garath McCleary and Yann Kermorgant. Tonight I would like to see

-----------Steele-------

Nyambe--Lenihan--Mulgrew--Williams

Feeney---Lowe--Guthrie----Mahoney 

------------Bennett-----------

----------Gallagher-----------

Conway I am not as much of a fan. Yes he has scored penalties but I feel he just runs and runs and runs down the corner and after runs out of ideas. Feeney did well and has played well under Mowbray, and I think Gallagher deserves another shot. Emnes and Joao need a little break in my eyes as well. 

Reading are beatable and are always capable of putting in a stinking performance (3-0 loss at Preston, 5-0 loss at Fulham, 4-1 loss at Newcastle, 4-1 loss at Brentford, 3-0 loss at Brighton) granted a couple of them are against the top 2, but still heavy defeats in which they were rubbish. Form table they are 11th, we are 14th.

Reading second best home record in the league (them defeats above were all away from home) and Rovers 22nd in away games. Rovers also conceded at least 1 goal in their last 10 away matches.

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we might see 3-5-2 formation tonight. With Hoban, Lenihan and Mulgrew at the back. Nyambe and Williams as wing back. Bennett, Lowe and Guthrie in the middle. Emnes and Joao up front

What makes you think this?

A lot of people on here want us to play 3 at the back but i'm not sure we have good enough players to pull it off. 4-4-2 is about as standard as you can get and we struggle with that at times.

Top teams, with quality players can play formations with 3 at the back but poor teams generally don't get away with it as much.

I don't know if any teams in the Championship play with a back 3 (they might do), most seem to play 4-4-2 (or slight variation, 4-4-1-1 etc.) or 4-2-3-1.

Playing a 3-5-2 will take some strong discipline from the back 3 and equally as important, the midfield 5, along with good organisation, not our strengths this season.

It would provide a good option for counter attacking but we'd need the correct players to do so, would Lowe, Bennett and Guthrie be able to spring a counter or indeed stop one? None of them are particularly agile or rapid.

Also puts emphasis on the wing backs, would Nyambe and Williams be effective enough? Nyambe has pace but not a great tactile brain.

It would be a risk and it might well pay off if we did it but i'd be sceptical if that's how we lined up.

We will be climbing out of the relegation places as the other games finish at the 80th minute of our game...

and then let in a couple of late goals 

You heard it here first but know in your heart of hearts what is coming.

Just now, philipl said:

We will be climbing out of the relegation places as the other games finish at the 80th minute of our game...

3-2 

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

Awww, Phil. Any misplaced optimism has completely gone now.

Not many games left. Terrifying.

1 hour ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I'm off to this, anyone know how many tickets we've sold? 

No idea Nathan but you and every fan that makes the long trip on a Tuesday evening deserves nothing but massive respect, lets hope they can get a win for you.

I'd take a draw now

1-1

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

What makes you think this?

A lot of people on here want us to play 3 at the back but i'm not sure we have good enough players to pull it off. 4-4-2 is about as standard as you can get and we struggle with that at times.

Top teams, with quality players can play formations with 3 at the back but poor teams generally don't get away with it as much.

I don't know if any teams in the Championship play with a back 3 (they might do), most seem to play 4-4-2 (or slight variation, 4-4-1-1 etc.) or 4-2-3-1.

Playing a 3-5-2 will take some strong discipline from the back 3 and equally as important, the midfield 5, along with good organisation, not our strengths this season.

It would provide a good option for counter attacking but we'd need the correct players to do so, would Lowe, Bennett and Guthrie be able to spring a counter or indeed stop one? None of them are particularly agile or rapid.

Also puts emphasis on the wing backs, would Nyambe and Williams be effective enough? Nyambe has pace but not a great tactile brain.

It would be a risk and it might well pay off if we did it but i'd be sceptical if that's how we lined up.

Mowbray said he has been working on a plan B during the 2 weeks break.

54 minutes ago, Gav said:

No idea Nathan but you and every fan that makes the long trip on a Tuesday evening deserves nothing but massive respect, lets hope they can get a win for you.

I'd take a draw now

1-1

This well done guys 

Three changes for Rovers as Hope Akpan, Liam Feeney and Sam Gallagher come in for Marvin Emnes, Lucas Joao and Danny Guthrie. #TMBWA #COYB https://t.co/tgI6N6jHzD

So team is

Steele Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams Feeney Bennett Akpan Lowe Conway Gallagher

Looks like 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 with Akpan and Lowe centre with Feeney Bennett Conway the 3 attacking players behind Gallagher. 

My prediction a draw

Archived