BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a soulless performance at The Breezeblock.

There was that game when Dickov scored the winner there just after Christmas.

Birmingham City lucky Lowe's had injury issues. Besides that I don't really care about Birmingham with all the Savage stuff ages ago and under a previous regime. As for Bolton Wanderers only real relevance is Rovers need to repeat what they have done at the very least having also been promoted in 2nd. Though hopefully without going right down to the wire and finishing higher than 21st. I certainly think that's achievable though can't say I'm as confident as Dack came across yesterday about another promotion next year!

Edited by Vinjay17

Bolton got the massive stroke of luck that deserted us in similar circumstances last season.

Don't feel at all pleased for them.

One think that does seem to have passed us all by us that Wimbledon are now a division higher than MK Dons. Karma biting them on the backside.

• Like 1

Think about the kids who might have been upset if Bolton were relegated. Hope no fans ran on the pitch there either kids don't need to be exposed to such frightening scenes. 

:rolleyes:

Speaking of MK Dons Stuart were you one of those praising Robinson yesterday? OK he was protecting his players but having worked there he's hardly a champion of football fans rights is he? As for Wimbledon I can't help thinking no revenge is likely to make up for anything MK did really. Kinda like if Venkys leave it will most likely be their choice rather than hounded out. Blackpool fans have probably come the closest to getting true revenge with the Oystons falling apart (even if it's Belokon really who instigated it) but will still be left scarred.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Think about the kids who might have been upset if Bolton were relegated. Hope no fans ran on the pitch there either kids don't need to be exposed to such frightening scenes. 

:rolleyes:

Speaking of MK Dons Stuart were you one of those praising Robinson yesterday? OK he was protecting his players but having worked there he's hardly a champion of football fans rights is he? As for Wimbledon I can't help thinking no revenge is likely to make up for anything MK did really. Kinda like if Venkys leave it will most likely be their choice rather than hounded out. Blackpool fans have probably come the closest to getting true revenge with the Oystons falling apart (even if it's Belokon really who instigated it) but will still be left scarred.

Have you been on the bank holiday vino or our in the sun too long?

I can’t make head nor tail of that post.

But no, I wasn’t “one of those praising Robinson yesterday” whatever that even means.

Urgh Bolton. Think we have lost every game there since 2010 (6 out of 6) yet prior to that they hadn't beat us there since 2000 (played 11, won 5, drawn 6)

Leaving a total record at the Reebok of played 19, won 5, drawn 6, lost 8.

Horrible place, was really hoping Burton would stay up.

Pleased for Bolton and Phil Parkinson;  to score 2 goals in 3 minutes late in the game to save themselves from relegation is a fantastic effort. 

Another Lancashire derby adds to the anticipation for next season. 

Has anyone got Chestons email address? 

We need to ask him if he still thinks Coyle was the 'Standout candidate'

That Neil Warnock at Cardiffs not a bad un, superb effort getting Cardiff promited. 

Neil Warnock, not considered good enough to manage Rovers by the Ewood hierarchy,  today chalked up another promotion on his CV by leading Cardiff City into the Premier League. That could and should have been us but the Rovers management gave us Owen Coyle instead. Feel free to bang your head against the nearest wall............... 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Neil Warnock, not considered good cheap enough to manage Rovers by the Ewood hierarchy,  today chalked up another promotion on his CV by leading Cardiff City into the Premier League. That could and should have been us but the Rovers management gave us Owen Coyle instead. Feel free to bang your head against the nearest wall............... 

Surely in Venkys world of false economies, it was all about his wage?

“He wants nearly as much as Allardyce! This Coyle fella will work for a third of that - and he seems like a nice man.”

Nutters.

If Cheston has any dignity and ability he’d have walked after being over-ruled - allegedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

What do you make of this chaddy?

Lambert, 1 win in 14, relegated, deserves to stay, lack of time.

Morais, 3 wins in 15, relegated, ...?

I cant comment on the Barnsley news as I had haven't watched a game with Morais in charge. 

Not going to past comment on it. 

wouldn't be surprise to see Mick McCarthy there next season

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I cant comment on the Barnsley news as I had haven't watched a game with Morais in charge. 

Not going to past comment on it. 

wouldn't be surprise to see Mick McCarthy there next season

Footballs a results game. Incredibly hypocritical to say Lambert deserves time but not leap to the defence of Morais in the same way.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Footballs a results game. Incredibly hypocritical to say Lambert deserves time but not leap to the defence of Morais in the same way.

how is it hypocritical when I didn't comment on Barnsley cos I haven't seen them play live or any highlights of them. 

I can comment on Lambert as I have seen their games live or proper extensively highlights not just channel 5 highlights of 2 minutes

Gutted about Barnsley tbh.  

A handy away day for me down here and I have a good friend that is a massive fan and I would have loved to have mullered them after they pasted us last season.

Good honest old fashioned club.

But Horwich then. 

Yay.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how is it hypocritical when I didn't comment on Barnsley cos I haven't seen them play live or any highlights of them. 

I can comment on Lambert as I have seen their games live or proper extensively highlights not just channel 5 highlights of 2 minutes

Footballs a results game.

But your main argument for Lambert is that hes had no time. Neither has Morais by that argument then, surely?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Footballs a results game.

But your main argument for Lambert is that hes had no time. Neither has Morais by that argument then, surely?

15 games is no time at all, from what I read he had a clause in his contract that release him if they went down? sensible management from Barnsley but it sounds like they weren't that confident in him from the start

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

15 games is no time at all, from what I read he had a clause in his contract that release him if they went down? sensible management from Barnsley but it sounds like they weren't that confident in him from the start

For me, clauses like that are always a big red flag, if a club isnt sure of a manager to begin with then quite simply they shouldnt appoint them, do you agree? 

I understand the whole point about that being such a short period of time, but sometimes as hard as it is morally, you can tell when a manager is not showing that he is capable of getting wins at his football club, and Lambert has failed, even if the sample size is smaller than wed like to judge.

I feel that its hypocritical though that you seem flippant and understanding that Morais can go, clause or no clause, after one 1 more game (and 2 more wins!) in comparison to Lambert who you are so defensive of.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For me, clauses like that are always a big red flag, if a club isnt sure of a manager to begin with then quite simply they shouldnt appoint them, do you agree? 

I understand the whole point about that being such a short period of time, but sometimes as hard as it is morally, you can tell when a manager is not showing that he is capable of getting wins at his football club, and Lambert has failed, even if the sample size is smaller than wed like to judge.

I feel that its hypocritical though that you seem flippant and understanding that Morais can go, clause or no clause, after one 1 more game (and 2 more wins!) in comparison to Lambert who you are so defensive of.

Barnsley under this new owner have been only going one way, down. awful interview process. 

I explained that I didn't comment on Barnsley as I haven't seen them at all since heckingbottom left. so how is that Hypocritical when its the truth when Ive seen the Stoke games so I can comment better on that situation than a situation I haven't watch or follow. 

I don't understand why they went for Morais or who advise them to appoint him. strange