BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think Hodgson has proven that he has good club manager and deserve praise for getting Palace out of the relegation area plus has played some good football there

I agree Carvalhal being lucky to get the Swansea job after being sacked by Sheff Wednesday. After reading the news article I posted before I would be surprise if he is there next season. I wouldn't be surprise if Leon Britton and Alan Curtis are in charge of Swansea next season. 

On Moyes I think he done a good job at West Ham but from what I have read tonight it appears unlikely he will be there next season which I am very surprise by. Think he done the job he was bought in for and deserve at least another year contract there. 

Pardew was disaster at West Brom. 

Think its unfair on Lambert due to the problems within the club and recruitment policy there. I guess Lambert we will see how good he is next season at Stoke. He needs to produce next season and get them back up. but Stoke need a massive overhaul in the summer of players

Regardless of their issues with recruitment, Lamberts results there have been absolutely appalling. 1 win in 14? He somehow left them in a worse position than he found them. He changed nothing in the squad, didn't give any youngsters a chance, didn't get more out of under-performing players. Absolute disaster of an appointment 

I agree about one thing though, they definitely don't have  a squad cut out for the Championship 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

How on earth did he become manager of England? Same goes for the current occupant.

No wonder we haven't won anything since 1966!

Quietly confident that Southgate will at least shake things up a bit - remove the pressure from a young side, and get them playing with a bit of pride and positivity at least.

Think that's all we can realistically ask for tbh.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think Hodgson has proven that he has good club manager and deserve praise for getting Palace out of the relegation area plus has played some good football there

I agree Carvalhal being lucky to get the Swansea job after being sacked by Sheff Wednesday. After reading the news article I posted before I would be surprise if he is there next season. I wouldn't be surprise if Leon Britton and Alan Curtis are in charge of Swansea next season. 

On Moyes I think he done a good job at West Ham but from what I have read tonight it appears unlikely he will be there next season which I am very surprise by. Think he done the job he was bought in for and deserve at least another year contract there. 

Pardew was disaster at West Brom. 

Think its unfair on Lambert due to the problems within the club and recruitment policy there. I guess Lambert we will see how good he is next season at Stoke. He needs to produce next season and get them back up. but Stoke need a massive overhaul in the summer of players

What’s the difference between Carvalhal and Lambert, you think one was lucky to get the job and the other would be unlucky to lose it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Regardless of their issues with recruitment, Lamberts results there have been absolutely appalling. 1 win in 14? He somehow left them in a worse position than he found them. He changed nothing in the squad, didn't give any youngsters a chance, didn't get more out of under-performing players. Absolute disaster of an appointment 

I agree about one thing though, they definitely don't have  a squad cut out for the Championship 

are they any youngsters good enough? he played the under 18 striker Campbell a couple of times but he hasn't look good enough. 

I agree Stoke need massive changes in their squad otherwise they aren't going to get promotion

Look at what Butland has said about the recruitment policy and Peter Coates has said the same

1 hour ago, Tom said:

What’s the difference between Carvalhal and Lambert, you think one was lucky to get the job and the other would be unlucky to lose it?

firstly, I've never said Carvalhal is right to lose his job as he has done well there until the last few games but I think Swansea has lost their way and their identity since Garry Monk. The transfer and recruitment policy has been a mess and all over the place. 

Secondly, Yes both were lucky to get the jobs both have but I can understand Stoke appointing Lambert as he does PL experience with 2 clubs and Championship experience with 3 clubs. 

I find the Holloway/QPR thing strange, dont rate him at all as a manager but from the outside hes done a decent job with no money and a poor squad.

If they get McLaren or similar recycled rubbish then its an odd move.

Both the Ipswich and QPR jobs are not attractive ones, would be surprised if they upgraded.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Ipswich looking at a manager from scots championship..are they trying to replicate what their neighbours norwich did with alex neil?

Better to take a punt on an up and comer than somebody like McClaren imo. No way Schteve could work with Ipswich's budget. 

Ross will find it hard as well, mind. What happened to Sol 'managerial genius' Campbell?

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Better to take a punt on an up and comer than somebody like McClaren imo. No way Schteve could work with Ipswich's budget. 

Ross will find it hard as well, mind. What happened to Sol 'managerial genius' Campbell?

He was told if he accepted the job he would be playing Blackburn next season and took it as a racial slur. 

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I find the Holloway/QPR thing strange, dont rate him at all as a manager but from the outside hes done a decent job with no money and a poor squad.

If they get McLaren or similar recycled rubbish then its an odd move.

Both the Ipswich and QPR jobs are not attractive ones, would be surprised if they upgraded.

I remember Holloway being close to getting the Rovers job after kean left and I think he would have good job with the players we had at that time. 2 promotions from this league to the PL on his CV. 

I find sacking him a very strange decision to make and odd to appoint McClaren when it happens. I would have gone for Ainsworth from Wycombe myself. 

Yes you are very both jobs are unattractive ones but After 6 years it was the right time to depart with McCarthy and try something new. If Hurst doesn't get promote with Shrewsbury then I can see him going to Ipswich. 

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

agreed on 1st point. 

If Ross does get the job then hopefully he can be success there. Still think Hurst will get it myself

So we've WBA, Swansea, possibly Stoke, Ipswich, QPR, possibly Charlton, possibly Scunthorpe all in the Championship next season under new managers. Throw into the mix the rumblings at Leeds, Bolton and Sheffield United, and the consequences of Villa not going up, and you've almost half the division could be under new management come next season.

• Backroom

Ainsworth is someone I’ve mentioned a few times for the rovers job, think he’s earned a chance at a higher level, and he has lovely hair 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

He's black . He won't get an interview

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Ainsworth is someone I’ve mentioned a few times for the rovers job, think he’s earned a chance at a higher level, and he has lovely hair 

Nah, would cause friction (literally) with some of our stars.

16 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Funny what sticks in your mind. Apart from the wally with the brolly stuff ....

The morning after we were relegated with Kiddo after the goalless draw with Utd, I went into work, emotionally fragile.

A friendly, Utd colleague told me that McClaren (then Utd's number 2) waited on the touchline at the end of the game and shook the hand of every relegated Rovers player..

Was he touting for a managers job already? ?

I thought Fulham were excellent last night and their pace made Derby look sedate at times. I don't think they have spent massive amounts but they have a manager who seems to get the best out of them.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Fulham were very good in the first leg too, they just couldn't score. Certainly didn't deserve to lose and I was fairly sure they'd do enough in the second to get through. 

I expect Villa to make it past Boro tonight, but I think it'll be a close one.

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of 'names' in that Derby team, but quite a few of them look one paced and were miles off a rapid Fulham team, superb pass and move football at times.

I agree about Derby. They have far too many 'older' players who are coming to the end and whilst you can get away with that against some teams once they come up against a vibrant, pacy team they get found out. Rowett will need to perform major surgery if they are ever to get into the PL. In a way I hope Fulham don't go up because Craven Cottage is a good ground to go to but I think it would be an injustice if they didn't. They remind me of the Tigana Fulham team who walked away with the Championship several years ago. I refereed them a few times and the football was exhilarating. One of their players told me that Tigana used to fine the keeper (Maik Taylor) if he kicked the ball long.