BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

51 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

it's also a disgrace that we are playing them away on a Tuesday night and anyone making the trip is an absolute hero. 

you don't think fixtures are done for the supporters benefit?

The clown in charge of the EFL admitted that when matches were played was dictated by geography. It is an actual policy for clubs to play more local games on a Saturday and for clubs to have to travel long distances midweek. It's been done to maximise crowds on a Saturday. A nonsense policy really that disadvantages the most dedicated fan.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Game after lengthy break

3 points

Clean sheet

3 Away goals

47% possession 

6 attempts on target

50% strike rate

no bookings

Wigan dropping points, Shrewsbury starting to come under increasing pressure 

PLENTY left to play for

Keep that up home and away (regardless of style of play) and there’s only one direction....

Let’s stay positive please and keep the faith up. Particularly at Ewood.

Keep going....

A great weekend for Rovers, but it was just one game. Teams that go up do it week in week out. We don't. When Mowbray 'stays positive' we'll have a lot more chance of progressing.

I agree there is plenty left to play for. Catching the top two is still doable.  I'm just concerned that our form is still patchy. Reading the comments of the people who went yesterday, although we won comfortably in the end we didn't really dominate the game when we were playing a team in real trouble down at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Butty said:

No mate, he really didn't. First goal came from an unreal through ball from Dack, second goal came from a great cross from Dack. And the third goal Dack made himself. Nuttall did absolutely nothing today he probably touched the ball twice at most.

I wasn't there but The LT reporter seems to think Nuttall did well:-

"And Joe Nuttall on his first league start, a first half glaring miss apart, led the line with a maturity that defied his years, and inexperience"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15670097.Bury_0_Blackburn_Rovers_3__MATCH_VERDICT/?ref=mac

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The clown in charge of the EFL admitted that when matches were played was dictated by geography. It is an actual policy for clubs to play more local games on a Saturday and for clubs to have to travel long distances midweek. It's been done to maximise crowds on a Saturday. A nonsense policy really that disadvantages the most dedicated fan.

And a decision made by some suit who has probably never paid to watch a match and certainly never driven back from Ipswich or Norwich on a Tuesday night. We have Oxford on Tuesday and Portsmouth away in February. 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

"And Joe Nuttall on his first league start, a first half glaring miss apart, led the line with a maturity that defied his years, and inexperience"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15670097.Bury_0_Blackburn_Rovers_3__MATCH_VERDICT/?ref=mac

Come on you are not going to wreck a young player's confidence by slating him in the local rag.

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's very complimentary for me. I'm by no means writing Nuttall off yet because I do think he'd be worth giving a go from the start in a front two but yesterday he was absolutely anonymous mate. I'm still going too give the lad a chance to impress in our next few games but going off yesterday he really isn't up to leading the line on his own. 

10 hours ago, USABlue said:

Seems the ones baying for Mowbary's head for not playing him are quiet today.  So, did the lad have an off day?

Did Mowbary play a system that did not suit him?  Or

Is he just not as good as everyone wants him to be and Mowbary was almost right?  Has to be one if the above doesn't it?

He didn't have a great game but it was hardly the horror show that it's being made out to be. He was mobile and closed down which is more than Graham has been doing for a start.

If he had forced his way into the side in front of strikers who had been doing well and contributing then I could understand some criticism. However we have been punchless up front regardless of who has played recently, with centre halves having a relative easy time. All threat has come from Dack and Chapman. We've now give a young lad a chance who has scored in 3 consecutive games for the first team. He has one game where he performs exactly the same as the other strikers on the books have been doing most of the season and he's being questioned already.

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

That's very complimentary for me. I'm by no means writing Nuttall off yet because I do think he'd be worth giving a go from the start in a front two but yesterday he was absolutely anonymous mate. I'm still going too give the lad a chance to impress in our next few games but going off yesterday he really isn't up to leading the line on his own. 

To be fair, neither Graham or Samuel have pulled up any trees this season and have both looked bang average. I don't think it's a coincidence.  I think a lot of it is to do with how we play. Leading the line for Rovers on your own must be a thankless task, especially if you have 3 big CH's around you. We rarely get to the line and get crosses in so the front man just has balls fired at his head for 90 mins from 40 yards away. All of those strikers would look a lot better IMO if they had someone next to them. Trouble is Dack Is our best player so he has to play. Mowbray would never start with Dack off 2 strikers so it looks like it's going to be a long old slog for whoever starts up front on their own.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

To be fair, neither Graham or Samuel have pulled up any trees this season and have both looked bang average. I don't think it's a coincidence.  I think a lot of it is to do with how we play. Leading the line for Rovers on your own must be a thankless task, especially if you have 3 big CH's around you. We rarely get to the line and get crosses in so the front man just has balls fired at his head for 90 mins from 40 yards away. All of those strikers would look a lot better IMO if they had someone next to them. Trouble is Dack Is our best player so he has to play. Mowbray would never start with Dack off 2 strikers so it looks like it's going to be a long old slog for whoever starts up front on their own.

I played up front a bit as a young player and I know if you're not getting the service that suits your particular  skill set it's a thank less task. I  wasn't  the tallest so throat high balls were no use. I needed low passes with pace played into the channels so I could  roll the centre halves and use my pace to get away. Our strikers will be no different, good service is everything for a striker.

Build them up then smash them down.

Typical British mentality and @#/?ing ridiculous what do people actually expect of this kid ?

Starting him yesterday didn't do him or us any harm in the end and if your going to ease young players in those games are the ones. He's had a taste now back to the bench on Tues and who knows maybe he'll come on in the last 15 and nick a winner or something.

45 minutes ago, Butty said:

The thing is do we have any striker capable of leading the line on their own at the moment?

Grahams legs look to have gone Antonnson is too lightweight.Maybe Samuel could do it but am not convinced.

If we go 4-4-2 then that means shoving our most creative player in Dack out wide when he has proven far more effective centrally.With Chapman out then I also don't see where we get our width in a 4-4-2?Conway Is too slow for me.

Maybe play a 4-3-1-2 but that means relying on Nyambe and Williams to get up and down and provide quality from the wide positions

I've just seen the goals on Sky.

Antonnson's first needed some scoring once he'd let the ball go to the left. Top finish though, I've seen plenty of them missed. Good run and leap for the second also. Maybe that position in between winger and striker suits him best.

I thought the Bury keeper went down like he was getting into bed for the Dack goal.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Antonsson has had more poor games than good for us, but today he was excellent.

He can provide a goal threat from wide, and needs to step up and be consistent in Chapmans absence, jury still out at the moment.

Graham has been much improved recently, terrific v Portsmouth and scoring, scored v Barnet, set up Dack v Plymouth and has by far the best link up with our best player Dack.

You are a parody of yourself regarding Graham.

In the summer youd have him here over a striker who scored 20 goals every season he was here, then he became your scapegoat for our poor position in the league.

Then you put him in the team you chose as someone pointed out, Mowbray chose against this, and now after a 10 minute cameo at 3 nil up youve changed your mind yet again?

I think Graham attitude stinks tbh and a couple of good games wont change my view. He needs to performance much better. 

His work rate isnt good enough for me. 

Nuttall deserved his start yesterday and I thought he did decent on his first league start..

Antonsson has improved as player when playing wide. Seems his role within this team. 

16 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Nutall was dire. No touch or controls and Ocoonnell sniffed him out every time. Lad looks not up to speed mentality wise. Graham forced a save late on but he took his shot to early and didn't stretch the goalie but 3-0 up at the time. Don't think Graham trains much with the FT tbf.

Nuttall wasnt dire at all but he was a player he didnt rate when we sign him. 

Nuttall was decent but he deserved his start after recent performances. But far too people switch their minds for too often game to game. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nuttall was decent but he deserved his start after recent performances. But far too people switch their minds for too often game to game. 

In English? ?

Nuttall was pish yesterday. As I said he didn't show or look for the ball or look to get behind his men, oConnell will never have a quiter day. For me he's very raw at this level but we know he's capable so it could be an off day but to argue he wasn't poor when he was is perplexing.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Graham attitude stinks tbh and a couple of good games wont change my view. He needs to performance much better. 

His work rate isnt good enough for me. 

Nuttall deserved his start yesterday and I thought he did decent on his first league start..

Antonsson has improved as player when playing wide. Seems his role within this team. 

But a couple of games did change your view, because you picked him in the team that you would have played! Why did you want him to start?

Nuttall was off it, missed a golden chance but didnt do enough to show he can play that role yet. That said, to go from being picked up on a trial for the under 23s to now for me being always in the squad, for now as a sub to get us a goal, is a massive progression.

We need Graham because hes shown signs recently that hes about to come into form, a couple of goals and assists and good link up, whereas Mowbrays big striker signing hasnt really been up to it.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But far too people switch their minds for too often game to game. 

Irony in a sentence.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But a couple of games did change your view, because you picked him in the team that you would have played! Why did you want him to start?

Nuttall was off it, missed a golden chance but didnt do enough to show he can play that role yet. That said, to go from being picked up on a trial for the under 23s to now for me being always in the squad, for now as a sub to get us a goal, is a massive progression.

We need Graham because hes shown signs recently that hes about to come into form, a couple of goals and assists and good link up, whereas Mowbrays big striker signing hasnt really been up to it.

Irony in a sentence.

Wanted to play 2 up front but yesterday show why Dack must 10 role whether its in 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 formation. He was outstanding shown why he must play in the 10 role

Samuel gives you pace which Graham doesnt. Graham doesnt hold the ball good enough either since Lambert gone. 

Nuttall did enough yesterday. Work rate, couple of good touches and movement. He has come so far in such a short space of time. Cant moan or cricitise the player at all

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wanted to play 2 up front but yesterday show why Dack must 10 role whether its in 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 formation. He was outstanding shown why he must play in the 10 role

Samuel gives you pace which Graham doesnt. Graham doesnt hold the ball good enough either since Lambert gone. 

Nuttall did enough yesterday. Work rate, couple of good touches and movement. He has come so far in such a short space of time. Cant moan or cricitise the player at all

I don't criticise players who put a shift in. Sounds like Nuttall wasn't lacking in effort. I just think Samuel has got the bit between his teeth and knows he has to do better. Maybe seeing Nuttall take the shirt has woken him up. Nuttall's time will come this season.

Its not criticising someone, as Dunnfc also pointed out, to say that he didnt necessarily do what is needed from a main striker yesterday, he didn't win many flicks on, hold it up, he missed an easy chance and he didnt provide a focal point. 

That said, he has come along way, he would definitely be in the squad now, no more under 23s football unless he goes backwards, hes shown he can nick goals, hes particularly dangerous coming off the bench if we need a goal, but probably not ready yet to be first choice.

Graham and Dack were building a good understanding, v Plymouth, Portsmouth and Barnet, Graham seemed a bit hungrier, got a couple of goals, led the line well, and clever players understand each other, and them 2 did, Nuttalls a bit raw at the moment to be starting.

Graham has had a poor season but considering recent form, and who I'd have faith in combining with our best player, Graham should play the next few.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not criticising someone, as Dunnfc also pointed out, to say that he didnt necessarily do what is needed from a main striker yesterday, he didn't win many flicks on, hold it up, he missed an easy chance and he didnt provide a focal point. 

That said, he has come along way, he would definitely be in the squad now, no more under 23s football unless he goes backwards, hes shown he can nick goals, hes particularly dangerous coming off the bench if we need a goal, but probably not ready yet to be first choice.

Graham and Dack were building a good understanding, v Plymouth, Portsmouth and Barnet, Graham seemed a bit hungrier, got a couple of goals, led the line well, and clever players understand each other, and them 2 did, Nuttalls a bit raw at the moment to be starting.

Graham has had a poor season but considering recent form, and who I'd have faith in combining with our best player, Graham should play the next few.

Not a big target striker imo. More like Jason Roberts type of striker is Nuttall. Like to work the channels, work rate but he does know the goal is. 

I would use Nuttall at Oxford as I.think we will go there and play on the counter attack. Not suited is Graham is that

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can’t believe what I’ve just read.

No hint of irony there either.

:wacko: 

Archived