BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

1 hour ago, Husky said:

It's shocking when you look at the squad . . . Welbeck? Jesus!!! Then the defence . . . .some of the Prem clubs most mistake laden defenders are there (Jones, Stones etc. - then OTT Cahill - may as well have called up John Terry too).

Not much hope in midfield too - loads of lazy players that go missing (Ali) and 1 in 5 Sterling (who will get 1 chance at best against a decent team).

Well at least the press shouldn't be bigging us up as potential winners, which I've found has really waned in recent years . . . Even they got the message that we're a minnow amongst the better countries.

What a load of rubbish. 

The squad is good and roughly what I would have picked. (21/22 out of 23)

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What a load of rubbish. 

Just because it's likely our strongest pickable squad, doesn't discount what he said as 'rubbish'. We have some lazy, inconsistent players in that squad regardless of them being our best options.

May as well have picked Ryan Sessegnon as England haven't had a decent left winger since, er the non appearance of Ryan Giggs, lol. More so because the excuse after England fail will be along the usual lines of....young squad, planning for the future, they'll improve etc. so why not go the whole mile with another young wild card.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Just because it's likely our strongest pickable squad, doesn't discount what he said as 'rubbish'. We have some lazy, inconsistent players in that squad regardless of them being our best options.

Which players are these then? 

Kane, one of the best striker in the world. Plus Vardy up front with him aswell. 50 PL goals strike force there. 

Walker and Sterling outstanding seasons for their club. 

A manager picking players on form and leaving players out who are injury prone or out of form like Wilshere and Hart. 

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You don’t like it when people do this to you so why do you think it’s ok for you to post like this?

Cos What ive said is true. 

Like his reply was another insulting comment Stuart. 

• Like 2

Kane, one of the best striker in the world. Plus Vardy up front with him aswell. 50 PL goals strike force there. 

A manager picking players on form and leaving players out who are injury prone

Are you 10?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A manager picking players on form and leaving players out who are injury prone or out of form like Wilshere and Hart. 

Injury prone players left at home like Delph and Welbeck?

Out of form players left at home like Cahill, Welbeck, Rose, Stones, Rashford and Dier?

A bit of balance please in your posts chaddy.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Injury prone players left at home like Delph and Welbeck?

Out of form players left at home like Cahill, Welbeck, Rose, Stones, Rashford and Dier?

A bit of balance please in your posts chaddy.

Delph has played in 29 games. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabian-delph/leistungsdaten/spieler/50362

Dier has been played regular for Spurs. Wouldnt be playing if out of form for a top 3 team. 

Stones not playing to due the form of 2 other players. Lost his place due to injury. 

Dier has been played regular for Spurs. Wouldnt be playing if out of form for a top 3 team. 

Stones not playing to due the form of 2 other players. Lost his place due to injury. 

And my choice, Jack Wilshire has played 40 games in the same season in the actual position that Delph has been picked ahead of him! Also, Jonjo Shelvey has played 33 times and arguably been in the best form of the 3 of them!

My point was more aimed at the hypocrisy of praising Southgate for in your opinion bravely dropping out of form or injury prone players, yet not then criticising him for the out of form or injury prone players that he HAS selected!

Youre issue is you never can see any potential criticism. For example, I think Gareth Southgates CV proves that he shouldnt be anywhere near the England job. However, I can commend him on his choices of goalkeeper, I think hes got them choices spot on. I also agree on Young over Bertrand, now I may be wrong but im sure you said that youd have picked Bertrand, now hes been dropped for Young, you havent said a word. I am also happy that Harry Maguire and Raheem Sterling are becoming key players for example, I can praise him for that. But I will also say that the squad needs another central midfielder, and cant fathom why Wlshire has been left at home, even behind Livermore on the standby list.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It wasn’t true, it was your opinion.

His reply to your insult was an insult? Shocked.

And my choice, Jack Wilshire has played 40 games in the same season in the actual position that Delph has been picked ahead of him! Also, Jonjo Shelvey has played 33 times and arguably been in the best form of the 3 of them!

My point was more aimed at the hypocrisy of praising Southgate for in your opinion bravely dropping out of form or injury prone players, yet not then criticising him for the out of form or injury prone players that he HAS selected!

Youre issue is you never can see any potential criticism. For example, I think Gareth Southgates CV proves that he shouldnt be anywhere near the England job. However, I can commend him on his choices of goalkeeper, I think hes got them choices spot on. I also agree on Young over Bertrand, now I may be wrong but im sure you said that youd have picked Bertrand, now hes been dropped for Young, you havent said a word. I am also happy that Harry Maguire and Raheem Sterling are becoming key players for example, I can praise him for that. But I will also say that the squad needs another central midfielder, and cant fathom why Wlshire has been left at home, even behind Livermore on the standby list.

Didn't I say I would picked Wilshere instead of Cahill? 

I have praised Southgate for his selection cos most that squad I would have took. I like Lewis Cook as player and would have maybe prefer him to Wilshere. 

We have had different types of managers and they don't nowt since Venables and Hoddle days. I like that Southagte has decide to change tactics and play different. the 3 at the back suits our current players. 

I agree he has got it right with the keepers, plus your point on Sterling and Maguire. 

I haven't discuss the stand by list

Didn't I say I would picked Wilshere instead of Cahill? 

I have praised Southgate for his selection cos most that squad I would have took. I like Lewis Cook as player and would have maybe prefer him to Wilshere. 

We have had different types of managers and they don't nowt since Venables and Hoddle days. I like that Southagte has decide to change tactics and play different. the 3 at the back suits our current players. 

I agree he has got it right with the keepers, plus your point on Sterling and Maguire. 

I haven't discuss the stand by list

My main point was that you praised examples of out of form/injury prone players being ignored, yet didnt criticise out of form/injury prone players that were selected. Why?

We all know that you think Southgate is a good manager, but until you show more balance in terms of not just only mentioning the positives, then il struggle to take your points seriously.

Viewing it as a whole - I reckon if that was a premier league squad it would look decent on paper.

Game’s not played on paper though so still expecting humiliation - anything else is a bonus!

My main point was that you praised examples of out of form/injury prone players being ignored, yet didnt criticise out of form/injury prone players that were selected. Why?

We all know that you think Southgate is a good manager, but until you show more balance in terms of not just only mentioning the positives, then il struggle to take your points seriously.

cos I don't believe players like DIer, Rose, Stones and Rashford are out of form. Stones played excellent last time out for England, Dier has been regular for Spurs, Rashford hasn't been playing due to Mourinho and why you wouldn't play him and Lukaku together I don't know. But Mourinho has picked Lukaku instead in his 1 up front system

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree he's a decent player, but he hardly ever completes 90 mins.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/may/12/gareth-southgate-will-be-playing-russian-roulette-if-he-picks-wilshere

"Wilshere has managed 10 90-minute performances for Arsenal in the Premier League this season, though only two since 20 January. Last season, there were 15 on loan for Bournemouth and, before that, the last occasion was September 2014. For England, he has managed it only six times. On average, each of his performances in a 34-cap international career has lasted 56 minutes. "

So you'd have to say he's been involved in 40 games, if only partially.  I guess Southgate wants players he can rely on to get 90 mins out of .....

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a load of rubbish. 

The squad is about the best he could have picked (arguments around one or two players aside), but let's not kid ourselves that it's good in relation to the any of the teams being talked about as likely winners.  If we get to the quarter finals with that squad, we've done extremely well.  Any further than that and I'd call Southgate a miracle worker.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No arguments there (I'd add the keepers who've all had good seasons).

But of the other players:

Alli, Cahill, Rashford, Stones, Jones, Dier, Lingaard, Welbeck have all had up and down form all season. MOTD players imo; good, very good in fact, but not consistent enough.

Compare the centre backs alone compared to 10-15 years ago when we had Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, Carragher. All consistently fantastic at their clubs. They'd dump all our current centre backs straight out of the squad.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

No arguments there (I'd add the keepers who've all had good seasons).

But of the other players:

Alli, Cahill, Rashford, Stones, Jones, Dier, Lingaard, Welbeck have all had up and down form all season. MOTD players imo; good, very good in fact, but not consistent enough.

Compare the centre backs alone compared to 10-15 years ago when we had Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, Carragher. All consistently fantastic at their clubs. They'd dump all our current centre backs straight out of the squad.

Lingard has been excellent. 

Dier good also good season. 

I cant disagree with your last point. Our centre backs cant compare to those 4 players. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbf this is all very true. I'd be taking all three for sure

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

I don't know how it's been domestically but on the International TV news (inc Sky and BBC) there wasn't even 1 mention of 1966 World Cup winner Ray Wilson dying - not even on the Vidiprinter or the Sports news.

Very strange, especially as it happened during the World Cup squad announcement period. Not famous enough? Or don't they want the Dementia/Alzheimer's football link that was reported on a while back to get any attention? Either way, it's very strange, especially since said news channels reported on long faded nobodies such as Tara Palmer-Tomkinson dying.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because he reacted to your childish comment. Chaddy, you like to claim the victim but treat others with complete disrespect when it comes to their opinions. Its about time you grew up - we have been waiting years but you are in your thirties and still act like this.