BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

• Backroom
19 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Andre Braugher aka Captain Holt in Brooklyn 99 died at 61. Great character brilliantly executed by Bruagher

I first came across Braugher as a therapist opposite Hugh Laurie in House, and felt the character could’ve led its own series!

4 years later I met Mrs E, she introduced me to B99 and one of the best takes on the archetypal ’straight man’ in modern comedy (possibly ever). Manages to be stoic and silly (a corgi called Cheddar, BONE!!!!, laughing hysterically at the ‘desk moved a half-inch prank’) all at once, and brings the exact right amount of gravitas to the moments that needed it.

Captain Holt is a superb character that provided real VIN-DI-CA-TION!!!! to Braugher’s career.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I also thought he made a very good villain in Rush Hour.

Personally think the best scene from Full Monty is Hot Stuff in the dole queue 😂

• Like 2

• Backroom

Missed this a couple of days ago, but Glynis Johns has died, aged 100. Famously the suffragette mother in the Mary Poppins film, and the singer for whom ‘Send in the Clowns’ was written.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 18:27, Mike E said:

Missed this a couple of days ago, but Glynis Johns has died, aged 100. Famously the suffragette mother in the Mary Poppins film, and the singer for whom ‘Send in the Clowns’ was written.

I'm sure she played the Salvation Army soldier who stopped Phineas Fogg  from getting to his club in time to win the "wager" in "Around the World in Eighty Days" starring David Niven.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm sure she played the Salvation Army soldier who stopped Phineas Fogg  from getting to his club in time to win the "wager" in "Around the World in Eighty Days" starring David Niven.

Wiki has her down as ‘Sporting lady’s companion’ 🤷‍♂️