BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

The brilliant Michael Parkinson has passed away aged 88.

Does anyone know the one film star he failed to have on his show? He tried his entire career, but this A-lister refused.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Gav said:

The brilliant Michael Parkinson has passed away aged 88.

Does anyone know the one film star he failed to have on his show? He tried his entire career, but this A-lister refused.

DeNiro?

14 hours ago, DeeCee said:

That reminds me of the story of Billy Connolly when he was a guest on Parkinson (I think) along with Rod Hull and Emu. Hull made a move towards Billy Connolly and as quick as a flash he said 'if that thing comes near me I'll break its neck and your arm'.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 05:59, Gav said:

Clint Eastwood apparently.

I’ve just seen Parky interviewing Clint Eastwood in 2003, must have been some incorrect information being given out that he never got him on the show.

7 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve just seen Parky interviewing Clint Eastwood in 2003, must have been some incorrect information being given out that he never got him on the show.

It was definitely Frank Sinatra Gav. Parky is on record as saying he is the one he regrets having never interviewed.

Edit: found it https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/18/michael-parkinson-regret-death-88-frank-sinatra-19355116/amp/

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Dreyski said:

Matthew Perry, best known as Chandler in Friends, gone at 54 after apparently drowning at home.

Sounds like he had a heart attack and happened to be in the bath/jacuzzi.

Not the most surprising premature death tbh but he battled his demons hard and also tried to help other sufferers. RIP

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing that Rovers fan Birdy has passed away. Probably one of the most recognisable supporters around for many years, and he even lived within sight of his beloved Ewood Park.

RIP Birdy, at least the last game he saw was a cracking victory.

Edit: I see there's a thread devoted to him in the football section. Good stuff.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Yes. I've just found out the sad news. Alan (Birdy) Birkbeck has died aged 74.

When we were in the Prem we used to go to the Aqueduct pub after games into the tap room and that's how we got to know Birdy and his wife.

R.I.P. Birdy; Rovers' famous supporter.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67546785

Shane MacGowan has died after a long illness that has been going on for 50yrs+

He certainly did it his way, RIP Shane.

It’s a miracle he made it as far as 65 tbf. I saw him support The Jam in 1978 with his band The Nips (full name, The Nipple Erectors).

RIP Shane

• Like 1