BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

Yeah. JLL was a fantastic performer. He was so ahead of his time. People were still very stuffy in those days in spite of Bill Haley, Elvis and Tommy Steele. JLL was frowned upon by the older people but to us youngsters he was a breath of fresh air.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2022 at 10:29, oldjamfan1 said:

As well as Wilko, another Johnson also died yesterday. RIP Dave 'Doc' Johnson, ex Everton, Ipswich, Liverpool and England striker. He was part of arguably the best ever Liverpool side (circa 1978/79).

Any chance Boris can complete the hat trick?

A remember being in the pub one Saturday night when a Dingle pal of mine came in. He’d been to the Turf that day and he said “ I’ve just seen a young lad make his debut for the scousers, he’s called David Johnson and he’ll play for England one day “.

• Like 1

Not a celebrity as such but RIP Bob Eccles, Darwen FC President and long serving stalwart of the club. He was on the Board at the Anchor with my dad in the early to late 70s and oversaw their transition from the Lancashire Combination to the Cheshire League and then the North West Counties League, on who’s committee he also served with distinction. A sad loss to grass roots football so soon after losing Lionel Cooke.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8921

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Not a celebrity as such but RIP Bob Eccles, Darwen FC President and long serving stalwart of the club. He was on the Board at the Anchor with my dad in the early to late 70s and oversaw their transition from the Lancashire Combination to the Cheshire League and then the North West Counties League, on who’s committee he also served with distinction. A sad loss to grass roots football so soon after losing Lionel Cooke.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8921

Thanks Andy. I wasn't aware that Bob had passed away. It's a few years since I saw him and he didn't seem in great health but he was happy to stand and chat football for a while.

Did you know he was a Bournemouth supporter?

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks Andy. I wasn't aware that Bob had passed away. It's a few years since I saw him and he didn't seem in great health but he was happy to stand and chat football for a while.

Did you know he was a Bournemouth supporter?

I did mate yeah, we all have a cross to bear I suppose. I must admit I was a little surprised to hear that he had only just passed away. I first met him 50 years ago and he seemed like an old guy then! He was possibly only in his 30s on reflection but you became middle aged very quickly in his generation I suppose. Him and my old man crossed swords a few times, notably when Bob took Darwen out of the Lancashire Combination, but without people like Bob Eccles football would die on its backside.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gav said:

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/fleetwood-macs-christine-mcvie-dies-aged-79-12758951

Christine McVie has passed away, what a talent and what a band.

Along with Kate Bush probably the greatest English female singer/songwriter of my lifetime. I can’t readily think of a better one.

RIP

• Like 2

Well you learn something new every day, Christine McVie was from Cumbria, Bouth to be exact near Windermere, I didn't know that.

Bouth must have seemed many miles away when living with Dennis Wilson of Beach Boy fame in Beverley Hills.