BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

12 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Bernard Cribbins - one of the voices of my childhood, who has passed away at the grand old age of 93.

I still haven't forgiven my mother for giving my plush Womble toy away when I was a kid. Being from Australia, I don't even know how it got there! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

Judith Durham from The Seekers has died aged 79.

What a voice, was still touring up until a few years ago.

For some reason back in the day I always thought she was carrying a bit of timber compared with other women in music. Now she looks pretty normal in that film. Just shows how we’ve all got bigger over the years.

I remember being in the pub on the Saturday night they first showed that excerpt from “ Grease “ on TV. The one with her and John Travolta doing “ You’re The One That I Want “.

My mates wife, who was very attractive on her own account, had seen it and she said “ I’d give £100 to fit into those trousers she was wearing “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

RIP Lamont Dozier, one of the greatest songwriters of the 20th century, who has died at the age of 81. The Holland/Dozier/Holland team at Motown was responsible for countless classics, and was right up there with Goffin/King, Lieber and Stoller, Bacharach and David etc

• Like 2

• Backroom
13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember being in the pub on the Saturday night they first showed that excerpt from “ Grease “ on TV. The one with her and John Travolta doing “ You’re The One That I Want “.

My mates wife, who was very attractive on her own account, had seen it and she said “ I’d give £100 to fit into those trousers she was wearing “.

Have to confess my favourite thing about the film is during Summer Lovin', during John Travolta's bits. There's some bloke dancing who's not even involved in the conversation dancing to the song about 50yds away.and it cracks me up whenever I see it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Lamont Dozier, one of the greatest songwriters of the 20th century, who has died at the age of 81. The Holland/Dozier/Holland team at Motown was responsible for countless classics, and was right up there with Goffin/King, Lieber and Stoller, Bacharach and David etc

Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman were in that league also.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 11:46, oldjamfan1 said:

What a talent, apparently they found song writing tough 😂

Genius, RIP Lamont.

• Like 1

Lenny Johnrose. Died this morning aged 52. In March 2017 he was diagnosed with motor neurone disease.

Born in Preston he played for us, PNE, Bury, Burnley, Hartlepool Utd and Swansea City.

R.I.P. Lenny

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mikhail Gorbachev the former soviet leader and widely acclaimed for bringing an end to the cold war has died.

Nobel Piece prize winner also.

How we could do with a man like Gorbachev leading Russia right now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...