BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

1 hour ago, Gav said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/01/13/lisa-marie-presley-dies-54-hospitalisation/

Lisa Marie Presley died aged 54 - She seemed troubled all her life poor woman.

The Smith side of the Presley's ( Elvis's mothers ) had a number of genetic traits that predisposed them to a likely early death, sadly. The details are gone into in Sally Hoegel's book, " Elvis - Destined to die young " ... all of Mrs Presley's brothers died in their 40's or early 50's, all from unexplained ( then ) heart and liver problems ..

That is not to say that, like her father, drug mis-use and unhealthy eating did not play it's part .... RIP Lisa !

David Crosby has died aged 81, a real music icon and pioneer, part of 60’s Laurel Canyon movement.

It’s almost a star a day right now, just goes to show what a productive era these people came from.

RIP David.

On 19/01/2023 at 22:29, Gav said:

David Crosby has died aged 81, a real music icon and pioneer, part of 60’s Laurel Canyon movement.

It’s almost a star a day right now, just goes to show what a productive era these people came from.

RIP David.

Most people, Crosby himself included, were amazed that he managed to live to such a ripe old age. RIP

Barrett Strong died yesterday aged 81. Not a well known name, but he was the voice behind Motown’s first hit record, Money, released in 1960. However, he was better known as a song writer alongside Norman Whitfield penning hits including I Heard It Through The Grapevine, War and a number of hits for the Temptations such as Papa Was A Rolling Stone, Ball of Confusion and Cloud Nine. R.I.P.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Barrett Strong died yesterday aged 81. Not a well known name, but he was the voice behind Motown’s first hit record, Money, released in 1960. However, he was better known as a song writer alongside Norman Whitfield penning hits including I Heard It Through The Grapevine, War and a number of hits for the Temptations such as Papa Was A Rolling Stone, Ball of Confusion and Cloud Nine. R.I.P.

John Lee Hooker reckoned he’d written “ Money “ years before it came out. Don’t know if there was any truth in it.

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

John Lee Hooker reckoned he’d written “ Money “ years before it came out. Don’t know if there was any truth in it.

It’s closer to Ray Charles (What I’d Say) than I would have felt comfortable with if I’d written it tbh. 

Money was credited as being co-written by Berry Gordy and Janie Bradford. Barrett Strong always claimed he had an input into writing the song, but Gordy always denied it, saying Strong’s inclusion on the original release was a “clerical error “. Strong suffered a stroke in later life and wanted the share of the royalties he felt he was due to help pay his hospital fees.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

RIP Trugoy the Dove (De La Soul )

Enjoy

They’ve done some of my favourite hip hop tunes, they offered something completely different at the time and were innovators. I was lucky enough to see them a few years ago, a good time was had!

• Like 1

Years ago, I was listening to a radio phone-in quiz.
The question was: “Name a well known sports commentator?“
(The answer was Murray Walker) 
The lady contestant hesitated. 
The DJ offered the clue, “You put one in your mouth and suck!“ 
The lady excitedly blurted, “DICKIE DAVIES“ 
RIP The face of Saturday afternoon telly.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 5

Good old Dickie. You had to feel sorry for him. He was the face of ITV Sport when the BBC had Wimbledon, the Open, Test cricket, top football and the Olympics all tied up and the best  ITV often had to offer was go- kart racing and turbo charged dustbin championships. He did it with style though 

RIP

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 09:26, RoversTilliDie said:

Talking of deaths the Tory Times newspaper reported, body found a mile were Bulley went missing. A decent newspaper would have used her Christian name Nicola.

Dead or alive most newspapers use surnames only on second mention