BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

But you still haven't given me a clear answer. Was Mowbray responsible for the poor start in the same way he is responsible for the good form over the last few months?

I'll settle for a simple yes or no

I did answer the question tho

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I’ve hidden several posts referring to Dack and Samuel for @J*B to

review. They might cause the MB trouble as these are unsubstantiated claims 

My claim you mean?

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A quote from the Sun article on Dack:

"He ran off but was caught by police and arrested.”

I knew he wasn't particularly quick but getting caught by the police after running off? 

Manchester City centre is full of police at night time. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I did answer the question tho

My claim you mean?

Manchester City centre is full of police at night time. 

I must have missed you answer - what was it?

My comment about Dack and the police was tongue in cheek.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

My claim you mean?

The claim that you posted from unnamed Twitter fan with “links to Brockhall”, yes.

Although it was all inferred as ‘allegedly’ it’s not worth the site admin’s time in legalese.

The other galling thing about yesterday was that we were top of the league and looking at putting pressure on Wigan.

The margins are so fine that instead we have now given Shrewsbury yet another chance. If we carry on doing that we will eventually get caught out.

We need a win AND performance on Thursday to calm the nerves. Although any win will do.

Ok. I’ve had a go at predicting the results for the top 3 teams, and I have us going up on GD. This includes us dropping points at Donny and Charlton and Blackpool doing us a favour. Based on this then Shrewsbury should have to win all of their games to beat us. Not sure if I feel better or not.

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php

E247D39C-B972-465A-93FD-8D0B451F3901.jpeg

41D2158D-884F-42AE-A965-83F2562B64DB.jpeg

272DC40F-570F-46B7-9C05-60DD0D3FC8CA.jpeg

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look yourself pal. I aint doing for you. 

He got plenty criticism at the time from everyone. Some wanted a manager change and some said stick with Mowbray and we will be top 2 by end of the season

Both manager and players get it whether we win or lose or draw. 

But I said stand by him and we go up. We are 5 points clear still of Shrewsbury. With 4 to play. 

How do you know we will be top 2 by the end of the season? Do you have a crystal ball as well as an inside line to nicko?

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I must have missed you answer - what was it?

My comment about Dack and the police was tongue in cheek.

look at my posts in the thread and my answer is there

39 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The claim that you posted from unnamed Twitter fan with “links to Brockhall”, yes.

Although it was all inferred as ‘allegedly’ it’s not worth the site admin’s time in legalese.

sent everything to J^B now

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How do you know we will be top 2 by the end of the season? Do you have a crystal ball as well as an inside line to nicko?

Based on my faith and belief in Mowbray. the same faith and Belief I had before the season started and after 11 games when certain people called for Mowbray to go or question his role as manager. 

It seems like 2 minutes ago Dack was running the show 2nd half vs Bradford and being praised from all angles - however the last 3 away games @MK, Gills and BR, he has been AWOL and deserving of a start on the bench come Thursday. He looked woeful in the first 10 mins at home to Southend (Injured or not fit to play?). Wouldn't surprise me if he his past 2 weeks of form/Love Island headlines, has ruined his chance at League 1 POTY tonight. 

On a separate note, I wonder how many people think that we've missed Nyambe this past month and that has lead to our lack of creativity? I certainly do... for him personally and for Bennett further forward. 

3 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It seems like 2 minutes ago Dack was running the show 2nd half vs Bradford and being praised from all angles - however the last 3 away games @MK, Gills and BR, he has been AWOL and deserving of a start on the bench come Thursday. He looked woeful in the first 10 mins at home to Southend (Injured or not fit to play?). Wouldn't surprise me if he his past 2 weeks of form/Love Island headlines, has ruined his chance at League 1 POTY tonight. 

On a separate note, I wonder how many people think that we've missed Nyambe this past month and that has lead to our lack of creativity? I certainly do... for him personally and for Bennett further forward. 

Nyambe needs to improve pal !

We were playing our best football of the year when Nyambe was at right back and Bennett was in the middle with Smallwood. That isn’t even debatable. We are really missing a player out left wing in the 4-5-1 formation, and Williams is terrible going forward.

Wingbacks is the formation we should be playing as we don’t have the out and out attacking wingers you need for an effective 4-5-1 imo.

10 points guarantees automatic promotion as it stands. On past form we have the toughest run-in.

We have gained 2.07 points per game so far; our remaining opponents have earned an average of 1.35. Shrewsbury’s remaining opponents have an average of 1.05 and Wigan’s 1.29.

Lies, damn lies and statistics huh?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Do you live solely to try and get under peoples skin? Thats the only explanation. 

No it's not, it's realism.

There are 4/5 games to go, we have a five point advantage over Shrews and a far superior goal difference.  Who is the pressure really on?

Said from the beginning of the season, we should blow this league away - it's a very, very poor league with appalling football.  We have a handful of players who can make a real difference and turn a game in moments.  That will see us home with some to spare.

Just now, Mercer said:

No it's not, it's realism.

There are 4/5 games to go, we have a five point advantage over Shrews and a far superior goal difference.  Who is the pressure really on?

Said from the beginning of the season, we should blow this league away - it's a very, very poor league with appalling football.  We have a handful of players who can make a real difference and turn a game in moments.  That will see us home with some to spare.

I am confident to an extent, I think we will do it, but you seem to crop up at crunch times and put provocative posts aiming to wind people up and you know you are doing it, hence the reaction of people.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I am confident to an extent, I think we will do it, but you seem to crop up at crunch times and put provocative posts aiming to wind people up and you know you are doing it, hence the reaction of people.

Think that's my first post for over three months so that part of your argument is incorrect.  I say it as I see it - never been one to sit on a fence.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good to see you back Mercer - I’ll have a glass of that champagne when confirmed  

I remember celebrating the promotions from this league in 1975 and 1980, great times.  The Bulls Head (now Coop) was rocking that night (after doors closed) after game at Bury, the party carried on with a big contingent from the club.

Just now, Stuart said:

Why, what will be different in the morning?

You'll be thinking more clearly!

Let's be realistic.  We've quality the other teams haven't and that will see us through with some to spare.  Shrews are buckling - 4 points from 4 games and a lost final.

Just now, Mercer said:

You'll be thinking more clearly!

Let's be realistic.  We've quality the other teams haven't and that will see us through with some to spare.  Shrews are buckling - 4 points from 4 games and a lost final.

That quality has struggled through the last three matches. W1D2L0 F2 A1 P5.

Shrewsbury may look at it and think we are buckling.

Archived