BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

40 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Sorry....bit of sarcasm.

The way we've played the last three I fear we may not win another.

Ha! We agree then! We probably will get up but it will leave us nervous wrecks!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ha! We agree then! We probably will get up but it will leave us nervous wrecks!

That is the crux of the matter , in the perfect world we would be up with 5 games to go , in my time 5 promotions and Prem Champions ,

it as never been that simple !!!

There are parallels with 2001, a slow start meaning we couldn't properly get clear in the automatic slots, also it had three clubs trying to fit into two - took us to the penultimate game to seal it.

Though that side repeatedly put teams to the sword in the run in.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

There are parallels with 2001, a slow start meaning we couldn't properly get clear in the automatic slots, also it had three clubs trying to fit into two - took us to the penultimate game to seal it.

Though that side repeatedly put teams to the sword in the run in.

Also lost at home to a 10 man Fulham and played out a dreadful game at Wolves 0-0...

But Souness  was a winner and knew  how to win !

I still believe we will go up and probably only need 4 or 5 more points !

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

The S*n reporting Dack was arrested back in September for attacking a policeman on a night out, Tony could do with putting a ban on nights out for the next few weeks.

Dack was out again with his Mrs instagramming at gone 2, nothing against players having a social life but for a couple of weeks we could reign it in.

Get him firing for 4 games then he can spend a few weeks in the champagne lounges of Marbs or whatever 

was Dack out last night Tom? 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

was Dack out last night Tom? 

At around 2am he put a video on instagram that looked to be in a club or similar 

I trust Mowbray more than my own judgment on man management so hope the balance is right.

As above I’d put a curfew on the next couple of weeks but Dack is a delicate one and I could imagine he could easily take the hump if we aren’t careful 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

At around 2am he put a video on instagram that looked to be in a club or similar 

I trust Mowbray more than my own judgment on man management so hope the balance is right.

As above I’d put a curfew on the next couple of weeks but Dack is a delicate one and I could imagine he could easily take the hump if we aren’t careful 

He was in a club videoing love island girls tattoo of his shirt number at about 2am.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The S*n reporting Dack was arrested back in September for attacking a policeman on a night out, Tony could do with putting a ban on nights out for the next few weeks.

Dack was out again with his Mrs instagramming at gone 2, nothing against players having a social life but for a couple of weeks we could reign it in.

Get him firing for 4 games then he can spend a few weeks in the champagne lounges of Marbs or whatever 

I heard this some time ago. It was apparently after we played Gillingham at Ewood in September and involved something (a chair I heard) being put through a window. Something is clearly on his mind for his form to dip so alarmingly and unless it gets sorted out this could end in tears.

Yep seen the latest video of him clubbing past 2am with that bint. Bristol>Essex>Manchester will take it’s toll on hamstrings too. So bloody frustrating that she’s taken his eye of the, ahem, ball at the crunch time of the season and he/she couldn’t have waited another month for their love in. Tony needs a word with him sharpish. As Tom says above though, you do get the feeling it would be a delicate balancing act with him as he’s the sort to kick off/lose interest.

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

I can’t believe our promotion push could be potentially threatened by Olivia off Love Island 

Muggy! 

It’s completely unprofessional and if Mowbray panders to it will make things worse. He is in poor form at the minute and is reportedly playing the man about town. No coincidence between the two. Sounds like he’s gone “Full Gillingham”.

He needs bringing down to earth. Drop him and promote Armstrong.

Raya

Travis - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Williams

Payne - Bennett - Smallwood - Conway

Armstrong

Graham

Dack could be in danger of going from hero to zero unless he produces in the next four games. I can’t help thinking his other half is on a publicity drive and our Bradley helps her get into the papers. If he’s looking for a move back south, I can’t imagine coming across as the king of the club scene will get him a big money move.

Just now, Ossydave said:

With all due respect you can go out on a Saturday night and be fully functioning come Monday without issue, I'm 36 and will be in the gym at 6am tomorrow so I'm pretty sure Dack can cope. 

Agreed. It won't catch up with him at his age. He may simply just be feeling the effects of a tough season/niggling injuries. He may also just be out of form. He was never going to continue at the levels he was at from November till about Feb.

That said,  Dack (to my untrained eye),  looks the type that's soon as he retires will put 4 stone on in a week. He'd be a proper little chubster if he wasn't a footballer. He's got an arse like Nathan Blake already. Er...not that I look at it.

To be fair, regardless of his age, he shouldnt be out drinking, if that is what hes been doing. Theres no excuse considering its a few weeks until he can go on holiday.

Only way to silence people his to regain his form. Creating a rod for his own back if hes going out with a few weeks to go whilst his form spirals.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, regardless of his age, he shouldnt be out drinking, if that is what hes been doing.

Why? Lots of footballers drink, especially at that age. If Mowbray thought it was a problem he's ban him form doing it. If he's putting stuff on social media then Mowbray must be ok with it.

Here a stat from a Rovers fan on twitter

5 months ago today, we were 12pts behind Shrewsbury & 11 behind Wigan.  We'd lost over a quarter of our games (4 in 15).  Since then, we've picked up 62 of 81pts available, winning 18, drawing 8 & losing just 1.  And people are saying TM ain't up to the job??? #rovers

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Why? Lots of footballers drink, especially at that age. If Mowbray thought it was a problem he's ban him form doing it. If he's putting stuff on social media then Mowbray must be ok with it.

I suppose you are right, people might put 2 and 2 together with his loss of form and get 5.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

5 months ago today, we were 12pts behind Shrewsbury & 11 behind Wigan.  We'd lost over a quarter of our games (4 in 15).  Since then, we've picked up 62 of 81pts available, winning 18, drawing 8 & losing just 1.  And people are saying TM ain't up to the job??? #rovers

Twitter, much more so than on here, is a frenzy after we dont win a game, full of the same few faces trying to ridicule the majority of Rovers fans for responding negatively to a bad result.

I personally havent seen one person suggest that Mowbray goes. If these posts exist then feel free to share them.

People in the main are responding to 4 dropped points within a few days, along with 2 drab, slow performances. People can comment on that without implying that the manager needs to go.

Mowbray has to take a lot of the blame for the poor results and showings in recent days (he deserves that, just as for example you yourself would praise him after a win) but that criticism can be made in isolation without it meaning something more substantial long term.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We were that many points behind Wigan and Shrewsbury because we had a bad start. Who should be held responsible for that?

Just now, arbitro said:

We were that many points behind Wigan and Shrewsbury because we had a bad start. Who should be held responsible for that?

And now we are second and 5 points ahead so chill out..

We had a bad start but we have recovered and second now. Who respinsible for us being 2nd? Oh yes Mowbray and players

Archived