BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just need Bradley to get his head in the game now...he’s posted a picture on Instagram calling that love island bird ‘his Queen’. Save it for a few more weeks Dacky lad and keep those Essex trips to a minimum.

Yep dont want our Brad aggravating his hamstring in non-footballing activities  ..the lucky  @#/? !:lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m sure the crowd will still be given as 17,000 or so.

How many of them renew them next time will be the issue, first season in a while they’ve struggled to compete.  If the product on offer is mid table and below third division tripe it doesn’t matter how cheap you make it...

I seem to remember their twitter page said last week that 8,000 had been sold already. They're one of those clubs with that daft idea of putting season tickets on sale in March rather than May/June. Probably won't reach the 19,000 of this season but will healthy thanks to pioneering pricing and a big marketing push around their region.

Never expected Shrewsbury not to win tonight. Think it said on the radio Bradford had lost eleven out of their previous fourteen games and scored one goal in six games before tonight.

Put £20 On the Shrews pre match and am delighted to have jinxed them. We now know 3 wins and 2 draws will do it barring a miraculous turnaround in goal difference. I'd like to see us refocus, throw off the defensive shackles, treat it like a 5 game mini season and go all out for five wins and the hundred points which is likely to be a Club record which would stand for a very long time if not forever.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I commented the other week on just how heavily they market their STs.

Probably a decade since we last bothered.

Explains in one sentence why attendances are down.

It takes hard work to win back fans - it seems the Ewood management can't be bothered. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Never expected Shrewsbury not to win tonight. Think it said on the radio Bradford had lost eleven out of their previous fourteen games and scored one goal in six games before tonight.

Put £20 On the Shrews pre match and am delighted to have jinxed them. We now know 3 wins and 2 draws will do it barring a miraculous turnaround in goal difference. I'd like to see us refocus, throw off the defensive shackles, treat it like a 5 game mini season and go all out for five wins and the hundred points which is likely to be a Club record which would stand for a very long time if not forever.

I'm reminded of an American Football Team's motto..

'CLEAR EYES, FULL HEART, CAN'T LOSE'

It would be super cool if the team could 'refocus, throw off the defensive shackles, treat it like a 5 game mini season and go all out for five wins'

Cmon, Lads... we believe in you.

COYB!

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Explains in one sentence why attendances are down.

It takes hard work to win back fans - it seems the Ewood management can't be bothered. 

Errr.....I think falling attendances have rather more to do with the shenanigans and the dropping through the divisions that has occurred since Venky's took over but I do agree with the second part of your post. It's almost like the Club and/ or Police don't want to attract decent turnouts at Ewood. That new bloody road system at Ewood grinds to a complete standstill with a 10k crowd. How would we ever cope with Premiership size attendances again?

Errr.....I think falling attendances have rather more to do with the shenanigans and the dropping through the divisions that has occurred since Venky's took over but I do agree with the second part of your post. It's almost like the Club and/ or Police don't want to attract decent turnouts at Ewood. That new bloody road system at Ewood grinds to a complete standstill with a 10k crowd. How would we ever cope with Premiership size attendances again?

Agree on why attendances have fallen but the question is why fans have not come back in bigger numbers this season. The club can't just expect fans to return once results improve -former ST holders have to be targeted by advertising, email, post,  phone and social media to be persuaded to  come back. That requires hard work and initiative. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Agree on why attendances have fallen but the question is why fans have not come back in bigger numbers this season. The club can't just expect fans to return once results improve -former ST holders have to be targeted by advertising, email, post,  phone and social media to be persuaded to  come back. That requires hard work and initiative. 

Yup much harder to attract even a new customer in than lose an existing one. Doubly difficult to entice back a customer you've previously brassed off.

That said a mate of mine who gave up his ST 4 seasons ago because of Venky's has been down quite a few times in the second half of the season without too much arm twisting from me at all. I was surprised - thought he was gone forever.

Must be trying to get away from the missus or vice versa and He's nowt to do.

That new bloody road system at Ewood grinds to a complete standstill with a 10k crowd. How would we ever cope with Premiership size attendances again?

A seriously important point. As we know Ewood is hemmed in by the A666, the River Darwen and a great big hill! Moreover every housing estate around seeks and gets parking bans for fans on match days.

Small crowds have hidden the problem but should we ever return to the big-time it would have to be faced.

Park and ride would have to be available in the future, if we got big crowds again and/or train specials to Mill Hill or, hopefully not, a new ground somewhere else. Someone needs to be thinking about all this.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Title at valley? 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

A seriously important point. As we know Ewood is hemmed in by the A666, the River Darwen and a great big hill! Moreover every housing estate around seeks and gets parking bans for fans on match days.

Small crowds have hidden the problem but should we ever return to the big-time it would have to be faced.

Park and ride would have to be available in the future, if we got big crowds again and/or train specials to Mill Hill or, hopefully not, a new ground somewhere else. Someone needs to be thinking about all this.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Title at valley? 

Please don’t talk like that. My heart can’t take it. It ain’t over til the fat lady sings. We have had too much disappointment to have our hopes built up just yet. 

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just need Bradley to get his head in the game now...he’s posted a picture on Instagram calling that love island bird ‘his Queen’. Save it for a few more weeks Dacky lad and keep those Essex trips to a minimum.

His head's been turned by the Strongbow Queen. Not good timing.

My newsfeeds unfortunately show her frequent indiscretions due to the Rovers link.

10 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Much more nerve-wracking than listening or watching us.

Sounds like an even 2nd half, end to end. Shrews could score every attack, and bringing on another centre-forward, despite being down to 10.

Bradford will have chances now, but that's what Hirst wants. Risky but brave management, hope we see that on Saturday.....

Could you see us bringing on another centre forward if we were 0-0 and down to ten men ?  We'd be hanging on for a point and probably concede a goal with five minutes left.

I see some posts crticising Bradford in this game v Shrews.

I certainly did think they were awful against us and obviously v Blackpool. Against Shrews I could not fault their effort and will not to concede.

Henderson made 2 very good saves early on and Wyke missed a good chance.

Nolan did mess up 2 easy chances for Shrews but they didn't otherwise test the Bradford keeper too much.

I thought Shrews were a bit agricultural in their tackling, well suited to the farmyard pitch, and lucky to have only one sent off.

Bradford did us a massive favour last night.

Think that's that for Shrewsbury now. They are already without their best player for the remainder of the season, they have another guy that can only play if wearing a face mask (which their fans claim has massively affected his performances) and now they lose another of their better players to suspension. They just don't have the strength in depth that we do and with a few tricky games coming, I do not think they will  be winning enough of them to catch us.

Been a superb effort from them though and their manager deserves huge credit. Wouldnt mind raiding them for a few of their better players if they don't get up. I actually think Plymouth are the team that will win the playoffs.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Think that's that for Shrewsbury now. They are already without their best player for the remainder of the season, they have another guy that can only play if wearing a face mask (which their fans claim has massively affected his performances) and now they lose another of their better players to suspension. They just don't have the strength in depth that we do and with a few tricky games coming, I do not think they will  be winning enough of them to catch us.

Been a superb effort from them though and their manager deserves huge credit. Wouldnt mind raiding them for a few of their better players if they don't get up. I actually think Plymouth are the team that will win the playoffs.

I think Rotherham (that is if we are not in it!)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Bit silly writing Shrewsbury off. They have 4 of their five games left at home. They could easily win 3 of those 4.   We could easily draw our next two. games.

I hope Mowbray keeps them focussed on the huge job they still have to do.

This board is amusing at times. I am lambasted usually for being too negative and then when I finally be positive I am being silly as well. Yes its still possible but as 47er pointed out, we really only need a couple more wins and they would then have to win almost all of theirs to finish above us. Just my opinion but I think we have it in the bag now.

Archived