BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Backroom
Just now, bluefred said:

That beckles chap could be off shortly, already booked and another dodgy tackle there.

He’s the Chap that got about 15 chances at Ewood as well isn’t he?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Yeah ..il look back at Raya flapping at crosses ..mulgrews  back pass ..Nyambes failure to clear at the back post ..Ants misses penalty ..Conways miss ..the list is endless ..its footie mate ..and that all sounds absurd i know ..but hey we lost the first two games ..

All true but ultimately the manager carries the can for failure and takes the bouquets for success.

• Backroom

Switched the game on to see a shocking challenge by a Shrewsbury player with no booking then a similar one by Bradford with a booking 

Shrewsbury look well on top 

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Undoubtedly he has, for the majority of the season been good at garnering points John. But as I said that is the job of any manager at any level. When points are dropped and almost certainly attributable to his tactics surely questions should be asked.

They should and I think they were, not least by himself as he changed tack fairly quickly. But they should also be asked in the context of his decision-making over the last 30 games (and hopefully the next five). Tried something, it didn’t work so switched to something that did work is a lot different to stubbornly persisted till it was too late. Personally I think the decision to recruit Armstrong, and persuading him to come, has won us more points that were lost by the tactics employed last August.

Just now, davulsukur said:

What's the world come to where I am now checking Shrewsbury town FC's twitter page relentlessly, hoping for a Bradford City goal :wacko:

You loser ....ermmmm whats the addy for shrewsbury town fc twitter page ...?

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

You loser ....ermmmm whats the addy for shrewsbury town fc twitter page ...?

:lol:

ppsssssttt.................  https://twitter.com/shrewsweb?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Imagine someone telling you that 8 years ago... 

I'd have laughed so hard I would of puked, I really would

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

They should and I think they were, not least by himself as he changed tack fairly quickly. But they should also be asked in the context of his decision-making over the last 30 games (and hopefully the next five). Tried something, it didn’t work so switched to something that did work is a lot different to stubbornly persisted till it was too late. Personally I think the decision to recruit Armstrong, and persuading him to come, has won us more points that were lost by the tactics employed last August.

The expectation is that a manager will employ the right tactics, sign the right players etc to achieve the seasons objective of promotion. Hopefully we won't fall short of that objective but if we do surely in the ensuing inquest the dropping of points primarily due to the managers tactics will be high on the agenda.

Just now, AlanK said:

Bloomin torture checking the updates on the BBC site for the score

Bradford are doing quite well considering their current form and have probably been the best team. I'm pleasantly surprised and hopeful that they can get something here.

Just now, arbitro said:

The expectation is that a manager will employ the right tactics, sign the right players etc to achieve the seasons objective of promotion. Hopefully we won't fall short of that objective but if we do surely in the ensuing inquest the dropping of points primarily due to the managers tactics will be high on the agenda.

If we don’t go up - and I’m 99% convinced we will - I think the inquest will be pretty short: failed, you’re fired, or he’ll be off to Ipswich. I don’t think the why will come into it. If and when we do go up, I hope he gets the full credit. 

A point would be great but IF the Bantams could somehow win, given our far superior goal difference, the Shrews would need a 3 game swing to overtake us. Would be one monumental bugger up by us if that did happen.

Come on Bantams!

Edit: ignore me I’m chatting rubbish. They’d still need us to lose 2 and them win 2 to go above us though. 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

If we don’t go up - and I’m 99% convinced we will - I think the inquest will be pretty short: failed, you’re fired, or he’ll be off to Ipswich. I don’t think the why will come into it. If and when we do go up, I hope he gets the full credit. 

Such is a football managers lot John. 

Archived