BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually thought we played alright tonight and could have scored 4 or 5. We should have been 3 up at half time. Smallwood and Evans dominated. 

Can't see a way back for Samuel. Doesn't even put himself about. His hold up play Is non existent and doesn't seem to want the ball. We instantly looked better when Payne replaced him. 

Massive win with a depleted side. 

• Backroom
Just now, Paul said:

Yes I know it was posted in the first half, one which we dominated. 

No attacking threat? Two blocked on the line, one off the crossbar, possibly one headed off the line, I’m not sure on that, and two or three other shots very close to the mark. 

To my mind that constitutes an attacking threat.

2-0 at HT would have been fair on the balance of play. 

If Samuel hadn't been playing up top I think we would have gotten something before the break. Him and Antonsson did nothing useful tonight at all. Obviously Evans had his chances too but made up for it in the end with a nice assist for Dack. 

Just now, rigger said:

For a professional footballer Samuel has no ball control, which just isn't good enough for a Blackburn Rovers player.

Thought he tried tonight but asking him to deal with high balls against the likes of Killa etc is totally pointless, then he cocks up the simple ones he gets on the deck. Just not suited to what we require and never has been but as long as he puts a shift in that'll have to do until summer when hopefully they move him on.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

For a professional footballer Samuel has no ball control, which just isn't good enough for a Blackburn Rovers player.

Summer can't come soon enough to move him on likewise Nuttall.

Two puddings only effective playing against kids ?

Just now, Paul said:

No attacking threat? Two blocked on the line, one off the crossbar, possibly one headed off the line, I’m not sure on that, and two or three other shots very close to the mark. 

Exactly Paul.

Some people will always never been happy..

I thought Samuel play decent. His pace should have got them a red card and he was going through 1 on 1 with keeper before defender foul. His hold up play was there today but not a target man either. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I see the Nuttall hater is back again..

His obsession is shocking and pathetic

Good to see Elliot Bennet at right back instead of the talentless Nyambe wouldn't you say.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Paul.

Some people will always never been happy..

I thought Samuel play decent. His pace should have got them a red card and he was going through 1 on 1 with keeper before defender foul. His hold up play was there today but not a target man either. 

If you thought tonight Samuel had a decent game, then your idea and mine of a decent performance are poles apart.   

Just now, JAL said:

Good to see Elliot Bennet at right back instead of the talentless Nyambe wouldn't you say.

I don't think Bradford constantly aimed balls at that area all night like some teams do when he's in so I think that might say something.  Benno is certainly a capable RB in this league.

Just now, Paul said:

The one off the crossbar was a cross wasn't it? The rest you're not sure about? Like I said we offered very little first half. We huffed and puffed against an awful Bradford side. 2nd half the space opened up and we hit them on the break. That's what we're good at. We aren't good at forcing the play. Mowbray himself admitted as much after the Wigan game.

Still, a good win. The rest is just opinion.

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't think Bradford constantly aimed balls at that area all night like some teams do when he's in so I think that might say something.  Benno is certainly a capable RB in this league.

Yeah ! those minutes after we'd gone two nil up and Bradford attacked us when their centre forward came in behind Bennet he stuck with his man rather than get drawn elsewhere unlike Nyambe who'd be turning wondering what to do. Bennet looks far fitter than Nyambe and there was an important header out for a corner that Benett did that I'm unsure Nyambe would be capable of.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The one off the crossbar was a cross wasn't it? The rest you're not sure about? Like I said we offered very little first half. We huffed and puffed against an awful Bradford side. 2nd half the space opened up and we hit them on the break. That's what we're good at. We aren't good at forcing the play. Mowbray himself admitted as much after the Wigan game.

What I said was “possibly one headed off the line, not sure about that.” This means I’m uncertain as to whether or not we had an attempt cleared off the line by a defensive header. I hope this is clear enough for you. 

The one which hit the crossbar? I thought it was a chip trying to get the ball across the penalty area after the first attempt on the near side was blocked.

What I saw tonight was a team working hard for 90 minutes in a manner we’ve been asking for all season. Samuel and Antonsson were poor but that apart it was an excellent performance. 

I don’t know if you attend or not and this next point is a general observation not one toward any specific individual. 

It’s very noticeable throughout this thread and the majority of matchday threads that posters do little more than complain about the manager, the team performance, the team selection, the tactics, the substitutions. 

My advice would be to get down to Ewood, watch a few games and then decide. There’s a strong probability people would enjoy themselves. Life is for living, it’s too short for sitting around mopping and complaining. Go support the team, even if it’s just once. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did. Wouldnt said otherwise. 

apart from the red card incident, I thought (and think) him a poor player.

Can't hold the ball up and his first touch is usually poor.

Good job he can score goals...

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

What I said was “possibly one headed off the line, not sure about that.” This means I’m uncertain as to whether or not we had an attempt cleared off the line by a defensive header. I hope this is clear enough for you. 

The one which hit the crossbar? I thought it was a chip trying to get the ball across the penalty area after the first attempt on the near side was blocked.

What I saw tonight was a team working hard for 90 minutes in a manner we’ve been asking for all season. Samuel and Antonsson were poor but that apart it was an excellent performance. 

I don’t know if you attend or not and this next point is a general observation not one toward any specific individual. 

It’s very noticeable throughout this thread and the majority of matchday threads that posters do little more than complain about the manager, the team performance, the team selection, the tactics, the substitutions. 

My advice would be to get down to Ewood, watch a few games and then decide. There’s a strong probability people would enjoy themselves. Life is for living, it’s too short for sitting around mopping and complaining. Go support the team, even if it’s just once. 

I've got a season ticket cheers. Nice lecture though. Remember this from earlier this season :-

If it wasn’t for this today would be my last game. We were appalling. Three goals or not we were absolute, total garbage. I said to a friend who happened to be sat in front of me “the problem with this team is one could sit in the stand with one’s eyes closed and predict every pass.”

This team is going nowhere. Mowbray hasn’t a clue. Mowbray OUT.

I’m done with this lot.  We are awful, just awful.

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Im thinking you did not enjoy our best performance in many matches, first half play was very good, second period was excellent.

In Tony we trust,i hope you now agree. 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I agree with your views but not too sure about the mopping reference.

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

I wonder if you use it? Do you ever go to Ewood?

We are all trying to support our team but you seem to be deliberately provocative.

I went tonight. Supporting my team, You?

Provocative?  Grow up, it's an opinion on a message board. You don't support your team from a message board. What a ludicrous notion.

17 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's a bad 'un. No football brain and an average first touch at best. We massively missed Grahams know-how tonight. 

He’s certainly not a wily target man, the role he was asked to play seemingly in the hour before the game.

I don’t think he played too badly though, even if don’t think he suits that role. I personally think he needs time but would suit a Jason Roberts style forward, best suited next to a poacher to fill the gaps his running and strength would open.

I think “bad un” is below the belt really. Especially considering we are in the third tier. He’d walk into 23 of the other teams and it took last minute injuries to get him off our bench.

Just now, Biz said:

He’s certainly not a wily target man, the role he was asked to play seemingly in the hour before the game.

I don’t think he played too badly though, even if don’t think he suits that role. I personally think he needs time but would suit a Jason Roberts style forward, best suited next to a poacher to fill the gaps his running and strength would open.

I think “bad un” is below the belt really. Especially considering we are in the third tier. He’d walk into 23 of the other teams and it took last minute injuries to get him off our bench.

If he played for Wigan or Shrewsbury we'd be up sooner rather than later. 

Archived