BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I went tonight. Supporting my team, You?

Provocative?  Grow up, it's an opinion on a message board. You don't support your team from a message board. What a ludicrous notion.

Your use of the phrase “ nice lecture though” would suggest otherwise.

Well done for going tonight. I watched the game on Sky as I now live in Cornwall.

Ive supported my club since my first game in 1955.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, benhben said:

Actually thought we played alright tonight and could have scored 4 or 5. We should have been 3 up at half time. Smallwood and Evans dominated. 

Can't see a way back for Samuel. Doesn't even put himself about. His hold up play Is non existent and doesn't seem to want the ball. We instantly looked better when Payne replaced him. 

Massive win with a depleted side. 

The problem is---Payne and Armstrong are on loan while Samuel is our's. :(

28 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Your use of the phrase “ nice lecture though” would suggest otherwise.

Well done for going tonight. I watched the game on Sky as I now live in Cornwall.

Ive supported my club since my first game in 1955.

It was a nice lecture and incredibly patronising.

Shame you missed it tonight. I enjoyed supporting my team.

Just now, OJRovers said:

I think people need to lay off Samuel, he’s what? 23? Young player with IMO a lot of natural talent. He’s not going to be the finished article just yet, but WAY too early to write him off.

First half Lenihan goes down, play is stopped. Samuel walked right past Dack without a word said between them, couldn't believe it, what an opportunity to chat to one another about the game and what's going on yet Samuel walked right past Bradley Dack this wasn't good from my point of view the body language of both didn't look good.

49 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I've got a season ticket cheers. Nice lecture though. Remember this from earlier this season :-

If it wasn’t for this today would be my last game. We were appalling. Three goals or not we were absolute, total garbage. I said to a friend who happened to be sat in front of me “the problem with this team is one could sit in the stand with one’s eyes closed and predict every pass.”

This team is going nowhere. Mowbray hasn’t a clue. Mowbray OUT.

I’m done with this lot.  We are awful, just awful.

You've had a shocker tonight blueboy3333, trying to save face by trawling the site for old posts without any context shows a lack of class.

Turn it in, live to fight another day, just enjoy the win.

Just now, Gav said:

You've had a shocker tonight blueboy3333, trying to save face by trawling the site for old posts without any context shows a lack of class.

Turn it in, live to fight another day, just enjoy the win.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. I didn't need to trawl, I remember that post very well. Night x

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Should be at least 1 up.

Lenihan off.

This is brewing up to be a bad night

Early in the game, Jim. I thought the same as you. Glad it turned out better in the end.

Lenihan landed on his coccyx; got sprayed with cold stuff but later had to go off. 

3 hours ago, The Big Picture said:

Maybe but 48 years a fan gives me some weight...  Even newbies should be able to tell moaning old men to get a grip though. Goodbye...

Don't go!  We need more people like you to give a bit of balance to the site.

2 hours ago, den said:

I hope he hasn't cracked another bone.

Rovers did very well tonight in spite of my misgivings when I heard the starting 11. :rover:

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It was a nice lecture and incredibly patronising.

Shame you missed it tonight. I enjoyed supporting my team.

Did you miss the bit where he said he lived in Cornwall? Think someone spent too much time in the Postal Order yesterday with their chavvy Bradford Stone Island mates. Lol.

I'd say you also owed the new contributor who postes in very reasonable fashion about the negativity on the Board an apology as well.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did you miss the bit where he said he lived in Cornwall? Think someone spent too much time in the Postal Order yesterday with their chavvy Bradford Stone Island mates. Lol.

I'd say you also owed the new contributor who postes in very reasonable fashion about the negativity on the Board an apology as well.

'Support your team or feck off' was your reasonable fwiends opening gambit. He got a warning off the mods for it. PM him and offer your condolences if it has upset you. As for your other football fwiend from Cornwall he jumped in two footed questioning a season tickets holder support. Never the wisest move.

Is there anything else I can help you with before you rant irrationally about Bennett?

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I've got a season ticket cheers. Nice lecture though. Remember this from earlier this season :-

If it wasn’t for this today would be my last game. We were appalling. Three goals or not we were absolute, total garbage. I said to a friend who happened to be sat in front of me “the problem with this team is one could sit in the stand with one’s eyes closed and predict every pass.”

This team is going nowhere. Mowbray hasn’t a clue. Mowbray OUT.

I’m done with this lot.  We are awful, just awful.

Yep. Absolutely right after an appalling performance against Barnet that was my comment. It’s probably the one time I’ve commented this way through the season. If you continue your searches, I have neither the time nor inclination, you will find a comment in the couple of weeks following that no matter how angry I might be at a performance I’ll aleays be back.

Comparing one post with thousands, the bulk from people who don’t attend, complaining about many aspects of our season is a rather poor response.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. I didn't need to trawl, I remember that post very well. Night x

If you recall it so well then you will know the context in which it was posted and that you have taken it out of context. It should therefore be clear to you this is a single post and far from my overall opinion of our management and team  

To save you the trouble I’ll say now you will be able to find posts  where I’ve said Antonsson, Samuel, Nuttall and Evans are not good enough for the team. Overall it’s clear they are not though Evans was very good last night.

I’m not a great fan of match statistics but the BBC say we had 16 shots, one every five to six minutes. For me this indicates an attacking performance, one which prevented Bradford from having any meaningful impact on the game. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you recall it so well then you will know the context in which it was posted and that you have taken it out of context. It should therefore be clear to you this is a single post and far from my overall opinion of our management and team  

To save you the trouble I’ll say now you will be able to find posts  where I’ve said Antonsson, Samuel, Nuttall and Evans are not good enough for the team.

How was it taken out of context? It seems to be one rule for you and another for others who are 'negative'. Pompous lectures about enjoying life in response to someone saying the didn't think we played well is a bit OTT,  especially as a few months ago you'd posted you were 'done with this lot'. That's your context.

Oh, and the game were you chucked your toys out we won 3-0 iirc. Very negative.

The point about “enjoying life” is live for the moment and enjoy the season we have in front of us. Nothing pompous about it. 

As for my post I’ve already pointed out it wa one post reacting to an appalling performance and I effectively retracted it a couple of weeks later. If you feel a single negative post from someone who attends every game compares with thousands of negative posts from those who don’t attend I’ll just leave it there. No hypocrisy or double standards involved at all. 

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

The point about “enjoying life” is live for the moment and enjoy the season we have in front of us. Nothing pompous about it. 

As for my post I’ve already pointed out it wa one post reacting to an appalling performance and I effectively retracted it a couple of weeks later. If you feel a single negative post from someone who attends every game compares with thousands of negative posts from those who don’t attend I’ll just leave it there. No hypocrisy or double standards involved at all. 

You said i took your post out of context. I asked you how?

As for the rest of the above it's just a lot of self-justification. You have been both hypocritical and pompous. You have also already admitted to negative posts about other players so it isn't just one post. Stop trying to play the holier-than-thou superfan and accept on forums people have moan, including you. 

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You said i took your post out of context. I asked you how?

As for the rest of the above it's just a lot of self-justification. You have been both hypocritical and pompous. You have also already admitted to negative posts about other players so it isn't just one post. Stop trying to play the holier-than-thou superfan and accept on forums people have moan, including you. 

Not aimed at any one individual but the forum would be much healthier if quite a few followed that advice.

I also post on another forum - music-related not football. On there people have very different views about likes and dislikes but for some reason the responses to negative posts are completely different. Everyone seems to implicitly understand that opinions are subjective and even negative views are accepted. Nobody “isn’t a real fan” because if it. Shame that can’t be adopted on here.

The condescending tone (“real fans would..., etc.”) from those keen to shut “negative people” up is what causes most of the rows on here.

For a group of (mainly) blokes there are more grudges and longer memories that a free-dabber night at Gala Bingo.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not aimed at any one individual but the forum would be much healthier if quite a few followed that advice.

I also post on another forum - music-related not football. On there people have very different views about likes and dislikes but for some reason the responses to negative posts are completely different. Everyone seems to implicitly understand that opinions are subjective and even negative views are accepted. Nobody “isn’t a real fan” because if it. Shame that can’t be adopted on here.

The condescending tone (“real fans would..., etc.”) from those keen to shut “negative people” up is what causes most of the rows on here.

For a group of (mainly) blokes there are more grudges and longer memories that a free-dabber night at Gala Bingo.

Every single person on here has a right old bitch at one time or another. The vitriol from saying I didn't think we were any good first half has been astonishing. To have ones support questioned by the Sky Sports massive in Worcester and Cornwall is hilarious. I also didn't realise that  if you don't go to games you can only post 'positive' comments. Kim Wrong Un has nowt on some on here.

Archived