BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did you miss the bit where he said he lived in Cornwall? Think someone spent too much time in the Postal Order yesterday with their chavvy Bradford Stone Island mates. Lol.

I'd say you also owed the new contributor who postes in very reasonable fashion about the negativity on the Board an apology as well.

I honestly believe most of what you refer to as "negativity" is actually "anxiety", sometimes well disguised I must admit!

I find it entirely understandable.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought the subs definitively changed the game last night. We were dominant until Samuel came off but looked like we could play until next Thursday without scoring. When Corry  Evans is having your best chances something isn't right. It was only when Payne came on that we started to look a proper threat - totally changed the dynamic and sure enough we scored soon after. Credit to Mowbray for seeing that something needed to change despite our dominant overall position. After having so many managers who had no idea how to use substitutes it's nice to have a gaffer who can alter a game with them. 

all of this bitching and point scoring against each other by some folk reminded me why I don't bother with this anymore.

And we won !

Can't imagine how toxic it would have been if we had lost. 

I'm really  enjoying this battle with Wigan and Shrewsbury. It's peaked me footballing interest again after years of doom and gloom. The last time I checked the fixtures for another team was we were fighting Utd for the title. Now I'm looking at shrewburys games, Wigans  games, possible play off opponents. It's great. Should we be in this league..no but I'm enjoying the ride again. 

Imagine being say.....an Everton fan, won nothing in eons, no promotions, no relegation, nothing.

life is certainly interesting as a Rover. if someone had told me when we won that prem that in just over 20 yrs we would be parking at Percy throwers garden centre to see us play Shrewsbury I would have laughed.

anyway, 2 - 0

8 to go

Just now, gumboots said:

Piqued not peaked. Sorry, feeling a bit pedantic today. Best error in using the word peak I ever saw was in an article about the boys at Madonna's school peaking (should have been peeking) up her skirt.

Expect they did both!

there is other grammer eras in my last post if anyone wants to hilight them also I noticed after posting saw the edit button and then realised I got better fings to worry about four anyone else feeling pedantic

Simply 

job done 3 points move on.

at this point who is bothered about the beautiful game it’s the points that matter. If someone plays crap who cares if we win?

coyb

the dream is alive 4 wins required 

#promotionpartyatcharlton

1 hour ago, Giant said:

I thought Williams looked a better centre half than he does at LB. Bell is a much better LB than him at getting forward, and for me played well too.

I thought they all played well.  The athleticism and intensity was superb from the first to the last minute.  Compare that performance to some under Coyle when after 70 mins some of them needed to be on life support.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Simply 

job done 3 points move on.

at this point who is bothered about the beautiful game it’s the points that matter. If someone plays crap who cares if we win?

coyb

the dream is alive 4 wins required 

#promotionpartyatcharlton

You're spot on 1864, but we did play some very good football last night in parts, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but like many I did wonder if we'd break them down.

Mowbrays subs were inspired and like I said last night, how lucky are we to have a player of Paynes quality on the bench? I understand why he doesn't start, but he's certainly asking questions in terms of selection. 

MK next, who had a good win away at Gills last night, so won't be easy. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, The Big Picture said:

Amazingly I’ve been warned for my initial comment. Seems the mods love the moaning. Seems you can rip apart the club you supposedly love but can’t question those who do. 

Not surprisingly the moaners are now big fat hypocrites for the last ten mins at least. Block me please,  I prefer optimism not negativity...

Please refer to the forum rules. You can say whatever you want here, as long as you don't break the very basic rules.

I thought it was very strange to see Samuel and Antonsson both starting with Payne on the bench and so it proved.

Samuel is awful, literally nothing sticks with him and he looks disinterested. Hope he gets shipped out in the summer. People saying hes young to support him but he wont get better with the attitude he seems to have.

Antonsson is technically so inferior to all of our other players, the ball bounces off him and his movement lacks any intelligence, he clogs up space rather than opening it up and it leaves the player on the ball short of options.

I felt like our attacking performance in general was rather fractured, rather laboured, that said Bradford were shocking and it meant that if anyone would score it would always be us. We have players that other teams at this level dont have, that get us goals with quality regardless of how good we are looking. We have played worse and we have played much better but it doesnt matter at this stage.

Payne has to be a starter from here on in, him Dack and Armstrong link up so well, they make runs for each other, the ball sticks to them, Payne was the gamechanger. We missed Graham as well.

Raya again was causing his own shaky moments from nothing, a couple of horrendous kicks and flapped once or twice, maybe he lost his concentration having not been tested.

Dack is a class above, alot wasnt coming off for him, wasnt his best game by any stretch but he always impacts games.

Bennett filled in well at right back, the defence had a weak underbelly with the injuries/unavailability but they luckily didnt test it at all.

Surprised Evans got picked out by Mowbray as man of the match, he gave the ball away quite a bit really. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought it was very strange to see Samuel and Antonsson both starting with Payne on the bench and so it proved.

Samuel is awful, literally nothing sticks with him and he looks disinterested. Hope he gets shipped out in the summer. People saying hes young to support him but he wont get better with the attitude he seems to have.

Antonsson is technically so inferior to all of our other players, the ball bounces off him and his movement lacks any intelligence, he clogs up space rather than opening it up and it leaves the player on the ball short of options.

I felt like our attacking performance in general was rather fractured, rather laboured, that said Bradford were shocking and it meant that if anyone would score it would always be us. We have players that other teams at this level dont have, that get us goals with quality regardless of how good we are looking. We have played worse and we have played much better but it doesnt matter at this stage.

Payne has to be a starter from here on in, him Dack and Armstrong link up so well, they make runs for each other, the ball sticks to them, Payne was the gamechanger. We missed Graham as well.

Raya again was causing his own shaky moments from nothing, a couple of horrendous kicks and flapped once or twice, maybe he lost his concentration having not been tested.

Dack is a class above, alot wasnt coming off for him, wasnt his best game by any stretch but he always impacts games.

Bennett filled in well at right back, the defence had a weak underbelly with the injuries/unavailability but they luckily didnt test it at all.

Surprised Evans got picked out by Mowbray as man of the match, he gave the ball away quite a bit really. 

Completely agree with all that. As far as Evans goes he did what his job role suggests excellently last night it was in other areas where I thought he was poor. He is awful in front of goal and he did give the ball away far to many times for a mom performance. Excellent summery of antonsson. That's what I see when I see him play. For me he's a lower league striker and should be no where near the wing

Antonsson looks like a fan that won a raffle to get a game with his beloved rovers. So out of his depth its comical. He offers nothing at all

As for what Payne thinks sat on the bench watching antonsson get a start

Williams is a far better centre half than he is a left back and downings distribution with the ball is awful, we do miss mulgrew for distribution from the back, but defensively we didn't miss him, if that's makes sense. Oh and Samuel poor,  please don't play him again, Payne changed the game when he came on for him. Good all round performance, Bradford worst team at ewood this season by far. 

17 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Antonsson looks like a fan that won a raffle to get a game with his beloved rovers. So out of his depth its comical. He offers nothing at all

As for what Payne thinks sat on the bench watching antonsson get a start

The only thing you'll get from him is the odd time he nips in the box unnoticed which he's done a few times to good effect this season to be fair but it means carrying him the rest of the time and when there are better options, well ..... :unsure:

Every team I've seen expose us this season has targetted the full backs with long diagonal balls, that didn't happen last night. It could be down to the lack of tactical acumen of Grayson or, more likely, that the full back positions were far more secure with the change in personnel. 

21 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wouldn't have Conway anywhere near the starting 11.

He did okay when he came on last night. ;)

For me he adds better balance to the side because he's probably the only genuine wide player we've got. Antonsson does offer a goal threat from playing out wide but can be infuriating to watch at times. Armstrong is much better upfront and Payne is better centrally as well. Still think Conway has got his part to play for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

no it wasn't strange at all. Payne was poor in the previous game and IMO he is much better coming off the bench in games like that when there is more space and defenders getting tired. Payne doesn't have to be starter at all. Dack, Mulgrew, Bennett, Armstrong and Smallwood are must starters In My Opinion. 

Samuel wasn't disinterested and saying that is stupid and daft as it isn't true. He look disappointed when coming off which I understand. 

Evans was very good yesterday and was performing like he does for his country. I find your comments about Evans totally wrong. 

Bradford were poor and wont make the playoffs with that squad. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no it wasn't strange at all. Payne was poor in the previous game and IMO he is much better coming off the bench in games like that when there is more space and defenders getting tired. Payne doesn't have to be starter at all. Dack, Mulgrew, Bennett, Armstrong and Smallwood are must starters In My Opinion. 

Samuel wasn't disinterested and saying that is stupid and daft as it isn't true. He look disappointed when coming off which I understand. 

Evans was very good yesterday and was performing like he does for his country. I find your comments about Evans totally wrong. 

Bradford were poor and wont make the playoffs with that squad. 

In general hes been a threat in most games, and hes a very good intelligent footballer. Its a myth that his impact is strictly when coming off the bench. I feel like you are only saying that to staunchly defend Mowbray.

Samuel has done nothing for months and months, he has blown every chance hes had in that time and you seem to be in the minority who dont have any questions about his attitude and his body language. Everytime the ball went to him he seemed to lose it, he offered no threat against a slow Bradford team. If Graham doesnt make Monday then Armstrong should play central, hes smaller but the ball sticks to him much more, his attitude is excellent and hes on loan.

Like I suggested, I seem to be in the minority regarding Evans, he did some good things but he wasted 2 good chances and he gave the ball away so much. 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Completely agree with all that. As far as Evans goes he did what his job role suggests excellently last night it was in other areas where I thought he was poor. He is awful in front of goal and he did give the ball away far to many times for a mom performance. Excellent summery of antonsson. That's what I see when I see him play. For me he's a lower league striker and should be no where near the wing

Antonsson was even worse up front earlier in the season, as lightweight and ineffectual as youll find. In his defence, he had a purple patch where he got a few goals from the wing therefore he merited a place and hes got some credit in the bank from that.

Now theyve tried up, his general game comes more into focus, and he offers absolutely nothing, you watch Dack, Payne, Armstrong and Graham all with their clever movement, one touch play and close control and then Antonsson (and Samuel) both look totally out of their depth, constantly losing the ball with their first touch, poor movement etc.

Archived