BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's stat only can compare over the same number of games. 

It appears they are playing better but I feel Lambert need to make 3 or 4 signings in January that will turn their season around. 

I bet they wouldn't and neither would I. McCarthy aint innocent in all this. Would I want McCarthy at my club? no I wouldn't 

Ipswich owner and Board have to take the blame for the Hurst appointment and not sure they did a proper background search on him

It appears they are playing better? Not sure where you are getting that from but theyve lost 4 in a row :lol:

Because for some reason youve got a personal grudge against McCarthy. 

Still, if theyd prefer relegation to a manager that consistently overachieved but did bite back when they constantly berated him, thats their call ;)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It appears they are playing better? Not sure where you are getting that from but theyve lost 4 in a row :lol:

Because for some reason youve got a personal grudge against McCarthy. 

Still, if theyd prefer relegation to a manager that consistently overachieved but did bite back when they constantly berated him, thats their call ;)

cos I speak to a fan of Ipswich town. Plus what I read online aswell. 

Just not a fan of his style and his ways. 

Yes did bite back and tell them to f**K off. not going to sit well with alot of Ipswich town fans is it. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos I speak to a fan of Ipswich town. Plus what I read online aswell. 

Just not a fan of his style and his ways. 

Yes did bite back and tell them to f**K off. not going to sit well with alot of Ipswich town fans is it. 

After getting stick for all that time, its the least they deserved, and now they are going to go down and no doubt McCarthy will be grinning from ear to ear.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

After getting stick for all that time, its the least they deserved, and now they are going to go down and no doubt McCarthy will be grinning from ear to ear.

We will see if they go down but things are improving. Been reading the report from yesterday game and their local reporter who says things are going in the right director under Lambert. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will see if they go down but things are improving. Been reading the report from yesterday game and their local reporter who says things are going in the right director under Lambert. 

I'm glad that we arent going in that same "right direction" and similarly "improving at Rovers" then!

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm glad that we arent going in that same "right direction" and similarly "improving at Rovers" then!

See, you say this but it’s not really a fair position. Every manager needs time, and everyone coming into a declining club will struggle at first.

Mowbray got us promoted at the first attempt and brought a bit of pride back but...

- His stock was low when he arrived

- He had a lot to undo from the previous regime

- He persisted with existing players trying to get a tune out of them (he had to), including keeping Jason Lowe as captain (he chose to)

- He ultimately FAILED in that he couldn’t prevent us being relegated (which was the reason for potting Coyle)

Lambert is widely disliked on here but he brought in a good backroom team and players like Bennett and Graham - his reputation alone enabling that - and he managed to sell Jordan Rhodes without too much unrest, and ultimately stood up to Venkys.

He has gone to some basket case clubs in recent times and probably needs a season in League One to reignite his own career - and Ipswich.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

See, you say this but it’s not really a fair position. Every manager needs time, and everyone coming into a declining club will struggle at first.

Mowbray got us promoted at the first attempt and brought a bit of pride back but...

- His stock was low when he arrived 

- He had a lot to undo from the previous regime

- He persisted with existing players trying to get a tune out of them (he had to), including keeping Jason Lowe as captain (he chose to)

- He ultimately FAILED in that he couldn’t prevent us being relegated (which was the reason for potting Coyle)

Lambert is widely disliked on here but he brought in a good backroom team and players like Bennett and Graham - his reputation alone enabling that - and he managed to sell Jordan Rhodes without too much unrest, and ultimately stood up to Venkys.

He has gone to some basket case clubs in recent times and probably needs a season in League One to reignite his own career - and Ipswich.

My main point was to refute the fact that Lambert is improving things at Ipswich. His points per game total is considerably less than the failing manager he has followed, including 4 successive losses. 

Mowbrays first 6 games here brought 4 draws (Burton, Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham) and 2 wins (Wigan, Derby) so an improvement was tangible.

I don't dislike Lambert, hes a miserable sod but I've got no particular beef with him. His signings of Bennett and Graham were good, just as Mulgrew and Graham (permanent) were for Coyle. I feel like he has underwhelmed at too many clubs and blamed mitigating circumstances on each occasion to the point where his own record needs to be questioned. Hes obviously not as poor a manager as Coyle but similarly he is dining off a job he did quite a while ago.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

have you even read the report of the games he been in charge or read/spoken to Ipswich fans? if not how can you judge when you don't know the full story?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Match points and fans tweets dont keep you in the league, nor does a manager losing 4 games on the bounce.

so that would be a no then? 

Read what fans think and what the local reporter is saying about Lambert time there? instead of being so obnoxious and you will see the full facts

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

P6 W0 D2 L4.

very obnoxious. 

try reading Ipswich fans opinion and the local reporter reports about Lambert time there and things are better but you wont so this debate is utter pointless with you just like the Brereton one. so I wont be replying again about it until you done things Ive asked. 

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My main point was to refute the fact that Lambert is improving things at Ipswich. His points per game total is considerably less than the failing manager he has followed, including 4 successive losses. 

Mowbrays first 6 games here brought 4 draws (Burton, Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham) and 2 wins (Wigan, Derby) so an improvement was tangible.

I don't dislike Lambert, hes a miserable sod but I've got no particular beef with him. His signings of Bennett and Graham were good, just as Mulgrew and Graham (permanent) were for Coyle. I feel like he has underwhelmed at too many clubs and blamed mitigating circumstances on each occasion to the point where his own record needs to be questioned. Hes obviously not as poor a manager as Coyle but similarly he is dining off a job he did quite a while ago.

He’s started terribly there and they’re definitely going down, that much is obvious. 

Their squad is absolutely appalling though. I don’t think I could name one of their players! Mowbray had a better squad to work with here when he first started. 

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s started terribly there and they’re definitely going down, that much is obvious. 

Their squad is absolutely appalling though. I don’t think I could name one of their players! Mowbray had a better squad to work with here when he first started. 

Whilst that is true, it doesnt justify why his points per game total, albeit in a very limited sample size, is considerably LOWER than Hursts feeble record with them same players.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst that is true, it doesnt justify why his points per game total, albeit in a very limited sample size, is considerably LOWER than Hursts feeble record with them same players.

They’ve both been hideously bad I think it’s fair to say. Think we’d both agree they should never have gotten rid of McCarthy. Better the devil you know and all that....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

really? 

The squad isn't good enough and the squad Hurst put together. 

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I could, Gwoin Edwards...thats about it though and only because I wanted us to sign him in the summer.

• Like 2