BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Notlob battered 6-0....players been payed?

Not good for them.

Seems like Parkinson has been insulated by hatred of Ken Anderson until today...

Lambert prioritises himself, his reputation and his position. Given his recent history of only lasting a matter of months at Rovers, Wolves and Stoke he's probably going to have to do things differently this time at Ipswich. If he packs in during or just after relegation his reputation will be tarnished as someone who cannot last at clubs. The flip side is if they go down he'll have to get to work in the world of the 3rd division where I doubt Ipswich will be as well equipped as Sunderland, Rovers and Wigan were down there. It will certainly dent his ego to be turning up at Stanley etc. in the 3rd tier. 

Having said that Ipswich fans seem to like him and many blame their position on Hurst and their owner, so Lambert might fancy sticking around at a relatively normal club and seeing if he can get another promotion under his belt.

I still have a sneaky feeling they'll manage to get out of it. They've got Rotherham next which is a must win, if they do they'll be 7 points behind. With Bolton and Reading in the mire and Rotherham a hard working but very limited side they'll have a slim chance. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Lambert prioritises himself, his reputation and his position. Given his recent history of only lasting a matter of months at Rovers, Wolves and Stoke he's probably going to have to do things differently this time at Ipswich. If he packs in during or just after relegation his reputation will be tarnished as someone who cannot last at clubs. The flip side is if they go down he'll have to get to work in the world of the 3rd division where I doubt Ipswich will be as well equipped as Sunderland, Rovers and Wigan were down there. It will certainly dent his ego to be turning up at Stanley etc. in the 3rd tier. 

Having said that Ipswich fans seem to like him and many blame their position on Hurst and their owner, so Lambert might fancy sticking around at a relatively normal club and seeing if he can get another promotion under his belt.

I still have a sneaky feeling they'll manage to get out of it. They've got Rotherham next which is a must win, if they do they'll be 7 points behind. With Bolton and Reading in the mire and Rotherham a hard working but very limited side they'll have a slim chance. 

My maths may be wrong but I think so far in the league, Lambert has 6 points from 11 league games (0.55 points per game) and Hurst collected 9 points from 15 league games. (0.6 points per game) 

Hes actually performing worse.

Seems nobody wants to go up this season. West Brom would have gone second had they won at Ewood yesterday. An indication of how poor/competitive the promotion race is this season.

I suspect Norwich have exhausted their luck and are now going to find it very hard work.

Shame about our last 20 minuteses or we would be in with a very realistic chance of going up. 

• Backroom
8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think on the football league show last night they said Ipswich have the lowest points total of any team at this stage of the competition since the Championship started. If so then they would require a miracle at this point to survive. 

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good appointment by them. Must be expecting to have sorted their FFP troubles out as I doubt Bruce would go there under an embargo.

Rumour going round that they are selling Hillsborough to raise the cash.

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Rumour going round that they are selling Hillsborough to raise the cash.

Seriously? That's a strange thing to do. Sounds like they're betting the ranch on promotion under Bruce to sort themselves out.

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought Cook was the best thing since a pie sandwich over there...

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/surely-dead-man-walking.89371/

Seems winning League 1 didn't bring him much currency, when things go wrong. I had a strong belief we would do better than them this year. I felt we were the better team last year, they just hit the ground running, whereas we didn't. 

I remember some on here saying they did better business than us during the summer and would finish ahead of us. Come on, own up whoever it was :) 

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Seems winning League 1 didn't bring him much currency, when things go wrong. I had a strong belief we would do better than them this year. I felt we were the better team last year, they just hit the ground running, whereas we didn't. 

Tbf if we'd been a bit braver in the run in we may well have pipped them to 1st spot, but as usual it was caution first with Tony and we duly ended up second.

I couldn't help but notice watching the FL highlights show yesterday that our old friend Jason Lowe was directly culpable for Hull's second and third goals. He failed to stop a cross coming in for the second goal (didn't even attempt to block it) and continually backed off for the third allowing the Hull player a free shot at goal from the edge of the box. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Seriously? That's a strange thing to do. Sounds like they're betting the ranch on promotion under Bruce to sort themselves out.

Just gossip, but wouldn't surprise me. Chansiri is absolutely crackers and their fans will rejoice at selling their history for a couple of journeyman signings.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I remember some on here saying they did better business than us during the summer and would finish ahead of us. Come on, own up whoever it was :) 

They have been riddled with injuries but still I am very surprised as to the extent of their struggles.

Neither team has been particularly improved by their summer business to be honest. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

They have been riddled with injuries but still I am very surprised as to the extent of their struggles.

Neither team has been particularly improved by their summer business to be honest. 

Reed has definitely improved us. They seemed to be really signing odds and ends. Didn't they sign Darren Gibson after he was sacked by Sunderland? That guy is a crock! They let Max Power join Sunderland then. I thought he did well for them last season. 

A lot of their fans are saying Cook rushed players back too soon after injury. Maasey and Powell in particular, both out again I think. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/relegation-stats-facing-ipswich-town-1-5837053

Brutal stuff, having less points than Rotherham at this stage in 16/17 takes some doing. 

Worst ever? Wow and Chaddy said they had a great squad and McCarthy was rubbish! 

That really is an incredible lesson in how not to deal with your managerial situation. 

They are toast.