BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Bolton have got away with it for too long. They got out of jail last season by surviving in the final few minutes of the season and have avoided administration by the skin of their teeth on numerous occasions. 

People might have some sympathy for their predicament if they conducted themselves properly but dodgy business like not paying staff wages and signing players on loan with a view to permanent and not then following through with it and not even paying their monthly wage is a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bolton have got away with it for too long. They got out of jail last season by surviving in the final few minutes of the season and have avoided administration by the skin of their teeth on numerous occasions. 

People might have some sympathy for their predicament if they conducted themselves properly but dodgy business like not paying staff wages and signing players on loan with a view to permanent and not then following through with it and not even paying their monthly wage is a disgrace.

I thought the embargo was the reason they couldn’t make it permanent?

Although not paying his wages is a really poor do.

Just now, Stuart said:

I thought the embargo was the reason they couldn’t make it permanent?

Although not paying his wages is a really poor do.

Maybe, though Forest Green were expecting it to become permanent in January, so Bolton must have told them at the start the money was there when knowing it might not have been. Forest Green are a small fish who will have needed to budget on that expected windfall coming in. If they'd have had Doidge since August they could well be higher in the league and in with an improved chance of promotion. Scandalous that a bigger club can go in and take a player on loan, promise to make it permanent and then pull the plug on it, whilst also leaving FGR to pick up the tab for the last 4 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Anderson must have passed the fit and proper test even if he is like a Donald Trump type when it comes to paying what is due. I bet his takeover is our version of John Spano taking over the New York Islanders Ice hockey team.

Think the guardians of the game have a special broom and carpet for people with that surname  ;)

More from the FGR chairman  on Video in the tweet

https://twitter.com/Bwfc_Ben0797/status/1082268253328719872

referring to Anderson

“He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Think the guardians of the game have a special broom and carpet for people with that surname  ;)

More from the FGR chairman  on Video in the tweet

https://twitter.com/Bwfc_Ben0797/status/1082268253328719872

referring to Anderson

“He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

Jesus that’s a disgrace.

The other lad transferred (not Doidge) - his missus just quit her career to move up north with him last week (according to Twitter)

Its going all Oyston.

29 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Jesus that’s a disgrace.

The other lad transferred (not Doidge) - his missus just quit her career to move up north with him last week (according to Twitter)

Its going all Oyston.

Is he any good? Might be an opportunity...

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

If Bolton were signing him and he was willing to go - then probably not! ?

He’s scored more goals for Bolton than Brezzer has for Rovers though.

26yo but looks like 26 going on 40...!

Doesn’t mind put himself about.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNYNHmKt-4

Edited by Stuart

Not that many good candidates available for Stoke to pick from. Seems Moyes is the favourite, could be good but he hasn't managed at this level for a long time and like Rowett won't get much time. They're moaning about Rowett's style of play yet Moyes is hardly known for being pleasing on the eye.

Jokanovic would be a good option but would he be interested and again it would take him time to get them playing the way he likes to. It took him a couple of years at Fulham.

Can't believe Allardyce would be interested in dropping to the Championship but you never know if they make him a mega offer.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

You start to wonder how many actual good managers there are around and how many just happen to stumble across the right formula at the right team.

There is definitely this. Look at Coyle, a few other spring to mind. However then you have a manager like Warnock, who turns Cardiff from mid table plodders into a top 2 team.