BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Love the law firms name - Slaughter & May ?.

For some reason Ridsdale is held in high esteem by his cohorts despite having blood on his hands from previous jobs in football.

My sister is a partner at Wright Hassall in Leamington. Usually makes me smile.

And like you, I cannot believe how can incompetent tit like Ridsdale is still in football. He messed up Cardiff City as well didn't he?

Like most other areas of football - players, coaches, scouts, managers, media - once you've got a name for yourself you're set. No matter if you fail miserably, wreck clubs or get caught up to no good, just let the dust settle and someone else will take you on.

Looking forward to seeing how Ipswich play tonight under Lambert. 

Nolan and Nsiela not in the 18 man squad. 

in the pre game talk, they said Hurst used 5 different systems in his time there, whilst Lambert has settled on 4-3-3 formation. Lambert also said the atmosphere was very downbeat and it felt the fans had given up already. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking forward to seeing how Ipswich play tonight under Lambert. 

Nolan and Nsiela not in the 18 man squad. 

in the pre game talk, they said Hurst used 5 different systems in his time there, whilst Lambert has settled on 4-3-3 formation. Lambert also said the atmosphere was very downbeat and it felt the fans had given up already. 

First half hour has been shocking.

• Backroom

I really don't see Ipswich getting out of this. Their defending is just embarrassing at times. Lambert is going to need some serious money to invest in January, but by then it might be way too late. They'll be starting with a hell of a handicap if they don't start picking up some wins between now and Jan 1. 

Also considering the size of the crowd, it was extremely quiet at Portman Road tonight. Lambert's right, most of them have given up. I guess now they don't have a manager they want to bully they're lost over what to chant.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

I really don't see Ipswich getting out of this. Their defending is just embarrassing at times. Lambert is going to need some serious money to invest in January, but by then it might be way too late. They'll be starting with a hell of a handicap if they don't start picking up some wins between now and Jan 1. 

Also considering the size of the crowd, it was extremely quiet at Portman Road tonight. Lambert's right, most of them have given up. I guess now they don't have a manager they want to bully they're lost over what to chant.

Lambert has to get them till January where he can bring in a couple of quality players like a Sam Gallagher and a good winger like Maddison. 

Its going to be very tough for Ipswich to stay up 

• Moderation Lead

Didn’t watch any of it tonight, but I don’t suppose Ipswich were really going to get anything from WBA, who are a far better side. Either way, they need points and fast. They’re already a few points adrift!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I suspect that Sam Gallagher would be looking to move to a club that would look to take him on permanently next summer - a Championship club around mid-table or above, in a very safe position, that could commit to buying in him in summer, given some decent funding. I think I know one that fits the bill, but it isn't an Ipswich that would be in no position to commit to that if they are still staring relegation in the face come January.

As for Maddison, he's at a club that could well bypass Ipswich, so I'm not sure moving there would be the best of ideas. If The Posh don't go up this season, I'm pretty sure he'd get a move to a Championship club in the summer. I wouldn't be risking a move to Ipswich with the chance of having egg on my face if the club that sold me ended up bypassing me.

I suggest a couple of names. Thats all.

Gallagher is going to drop his 24k a week wages if he is going to move. 

On Maddison, no championship club took him last summer. Why not after his good season. Only 2 reasons why, 1. wages demands or 2. Player attitude. 

Ipswich looked poor, 2 points from 3 games is not a good start in anyones book. Lambert actually had a bit of a bounce here (7 points in 3 games) but its not happened at Ipswich. They only gave themselves a chance due to a terrible West Brom mistake putting them through on goal.

I still think theyve made a mess of their managerial appointment, to go via another managerial gamble that backfired to Lambert from McCarthy in a matter of months with a poor squad is a recipe for disaster.

I also dont think signing a striker who cant hold the ball up and whose goal record is to be kind average will save them.

Wouldnt mind seeing them go down as assuming we dont somehow go up then its not a particularly attractive or historically productive away day for us.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Ipswich looked poor, 2 points from 3 games is not a good start in anyones book. Lambert actually had a bit of a bounce here (7 points in 3 games) but its not happened at Ipswich. They only gave themselves a chance due to a terrible West Brom mistake putting them through on goal.

I still think theyve made a mess of their managerial appointment, to go via another managerial gamble that backfired to Lambert from McCarthy in a matter of months with a poor squad is a recipe for disaster.

I also dont think signing a striker who cant hold the ball up and whose goal record is to be kind average will save them.

Wouldnt mind seeing them go down as assuming we dont somehow go up then its not a particularly attractive or historically productive away day for us.

Gallagher was a suggestion. I do think Lambert will move for him. I dont think Ipswich need a player to hold the ball but a player can score goals. His record was decent considering we have Coyle for 6 months. 

They are playing much better than they did under Hurst. Plus lets give WBA some credit aswell. Like Barnes alot. Notice no Burke again for WBA tonight. Hope we are looking at him

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher was a suggestion. I do think Lambert will move for him. I dont think Ipswich need a player to hold the ball but a player can score goals. His record was decent considering we have Coyle for 6 months. 

They are playing much better than they did under Hurst. Plus lets give WBA some credit aswell. Like Barnes alot. Notice no Burke again for WBA tonight. Hope we are looking at him

How many games did you see them play may I ask?

They arent after good performances, although tonights certainly wasnt a good performance. It wasnt a good game but the scoreline flattered Ipswich.

Not too sure where this notion that Lambert wants Gallagher has come from, but he didnt have the Coyle excuse when he barely scored at Birmingham last season.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How many games did you see them play may I ask?

They arent after good performances, although tonights certainly wasnt a good performance. It wasnt a good game but the scoreline flattered Ipswich.

Not too sure where this notion that Lambert wants Gallagher has come from, but he didnt have the Coyle excuse when he barely scored at Birmingham last season.

Gallagher cant score if the service isnt good enough like last season.  You have use that excuse this season for Graham.

I suggest him. Thats.it. tho im sure I seen Ipswich fan posted somewhere.he wants Gallagher. 

2 games under Hurst plus read plenty about his time at Ipswich and the problems behind the scenes. @DE. has posted plenty about it. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher cant score if the service isnt good enough like last season.  You have use that excuse this season for Graham.

I suggest him. Thats.it. tho im sure I seen Ipswich fan posted somewhere.he wants Gallagher. 

2 games under Hurst plus read plenty about his time at Ipswich and the problems behind the scenes. @DE. has posted plenty about it. 

No he cant but the service is hardly going to be good in that Ipswich team is it?!

Graham has been excellent in general this season, in that his hold up has made the best out of very poor service and too many long balls, providing the perfect foil for Dack to score so many. That said, I am happy to say that he has not scored enough goals.

You do seem to have a strong liking for Lambert but theres no way of painting 2 points from 3 games in anything but a negative light. First time I have seen them under Lambert but they were poor and a narrow defeat flattered them.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No he cant but the service is hardly going to be good in that Ipswich team is it?!

Graham has been excellent in general this season, in that his hold up has made the best out of very poor service and too many long balls. 

You do seem to have a strong liking for Lambert but theres no way of painting 2 points from 3 games in anything but a negative light. First time I have seen them under Lambert but they were poor and a narrow defeat flattered them.

Depends how Lambert improves his side in January. It need some improvement. Some of Hurst expensive signings cant even get on bench.

Disagree on Graham being excellent this season. Been poor recently for me. 

I like Lambert alot. He got 2 draws and performances were improvement. They need a win. I didnt expect that yesterday against a quality WBA side. 

• Backroom

I didn't think WBA or Ipswich looked great last night. That said I'd agree with Chaddy that Ipswich are definitely playing better so far under Lambert. The probem is that recruitment was so bad under Hurst that the club now have a League 1 team trying to compete in the Championship. And I'm not even convinced it's a L1 team that would be in the top two or three. 

Ipswich desperately need strengthening to survive, but if they keep dropping points they'll give themselves too big of a hill to climb even if the cavalry does arrive in January. Lambert needs to grind out some wins very quickly. 

I suppose it's a difficult situation for Ipswich. If they get to January and are a good number of points away from relegation then I couldn't see their owner spending money on new players. I don't think they've done that even in the past with a better manager. 

Personally think they will go down. Don't like Lambert as the only thing he's done recently was stand up to venkys slightly while here besides that he's failed everywhere and has turned out to be a one club man with Norwich.

As for Hurst and the Ipswich fans. I'm glad to see them both fail as they pushed out a manager in McCarthy who was a good level above what they deserved. Similar to us with Alardyce where both football styles where crap but it's got to be substance over style if you've little money to work with.

Hurst was a plank for how he walked out on his last team and tapped half of the squad up as well while he was there. He should have had some respect for the fans at least.

• Like 1

I'll say it again The Championship is the best league ever.

Just watched Rotherham v Sheff Utd. There are almost no easy games in this league . . .Every draw is good for us - that's the way I'm still thinking at the moment (apart from Rovers drawing of course ☺️).