BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, JacknOry said:

They have bounced between the Championship and League 1 for a few seasons but I am still amazed they have not broken the million barrier in their history, 900k is their record and that was almost 30-years ago.

Ya, it's very surprising actually. They have had some good seasons in the Championship all things considered. An FA cup final not too long ago as well 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Who?

If you mean Villa they drew 2 a piece

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

sorry to be pedantic it was 2-2, they scored in 89th minute or summet pal

Oh right,  it was 1-2 last I checked around the 85th minute! ha ha. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So I have been informed. 

Anyway, I don't think they will be automatic this year. As they are in the 3rd year of their FFP cycle, if they don't go up, they are fooked. I could even see Grealish leave in January. 

Who do you see as automatic, I think it's hard to look past Villa and Boro at the moment, Leeds have started really well but have done before and fallen away, Bielsa may be the man to change that but there is a long way to go yet. Pulis and Bruce know all about long hard seasons and I think that gives them the edge, they've also both got good sides with excellent players at this level across the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So I have been informed. 

Anyway, I don't think they will be automatic this year. As they are in the 3rd year of their FFP cycle, if they don't go up, they are fooked. I could even see Grealish leave in January. 

Sorry I was a bit slow off the mark there!

Is my mind playing tricks on me re Villa? This season coming up will only be their second in the Championship won't it? How can they be in year 3 of FFP?

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Is my mind playing tricks on me re Villa? This season coming up will only be their second in the Championship won't it? How can they be in year 3 of FFP?

Their third - we played them two seasons ago

Also with it being a cumulative loss, it makes it easier to negate for Villa, surely. 

Do relegated teams get some sort of grace period in order to jettison some big earners and for them to 'acclimatise' to the different model in the Championship?

Edited by Lancaster Rover

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Third season now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aston_Villa_F.C._seasons

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Who do you see as automatic, I think it's hard to look past Villa and Boro at the moment, Leeds have started really well but have done before and fallen away, Bielsa may be the man to change that but there is a long way to go yet. Pulis and Bruce know all about long hard seasons and I think that gives them the edge, they've also both got good sides with excellent players at this level across the team. 

I think Boro definitely. Good question after that. Maybe West Brom. Hopefully not Wigan or Bolton! 

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Also with it being a cumulative loss, it makes it easier to negate for Villa, surely. 

Think they will see how they are going by January - they know they can get 20-30 mil for Grealish if they need to. If they are looking good in the top two in Jan they will keep him, if not they might just sell him off just in case.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Think they will see how they are going by January - they know they can get 20-30 mil for Grealish if they need to. If they are looking good in the top two in Jan they will keep him, if not they might just sell him off just in case.

Agreed, they certainly don't seem to be in panic mode about their finances that's for sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Cheers. Strange. Don't have any recollection of their first season at all.

first season they were awful under Di Matteo, they won 1 of their first 12 games and then Bruce came in and kept them up they played us last home game before we went down and we beat them 1-0. Second season last season they lost in play off final.

Edited by AAK

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon tweeting about Sylla now...great we are potentially signing a qpr reserve be a mad dash for season tickets 

He put that same 'embarrassed' emoji he used about Rodwell - hate that Nixon prick.

Probably chuckling to himself over all this Brereton stuff that he has helped to fuel with lies and BS about chickens and millions to spend and now rubbing it in our faces when our 'true' level of targets are being revealed.

Edited by JacknOry