Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12,000 or so Home fans for Saturday games is the norm, last season was the same.

Be interesting to see if we maintain it next season (as we won’t be flogging any more season tickets) or if we fall back to the Coyle season in which we scraped five figures (total crowd) most weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid the club has dug its own grave in relation to attendances and atmosphere at Ewood and it is going to be very difficult to turn that around now from what amounts to a prolonged decline. Some

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16908899.tony-mowbray-feels-a-warmth-from-fans-to-rovers-players/?ref=mac   Felt sorry for Mowbray here and thought was a worthy topic for some op

I've said this before but for every consecutive year you have had a season ticket you should get 5% off the renewal price, up to a maximum of 30% People would build up their discount, and if we h

Posted Images

Its been 11k ish this season though in the home sections i think most of the exceptions have been when they've been doffing out to schools and freebies.

Core support without any bells and whistles seems to be closer to 11k than 12 this season so you'd assume it'll be closer to ten next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hasta said:

Not sure we'd be selling but it would be a lot healthier with local support returning plus the floating 'Premier League' fans. I know someone (Man U fan) from Pendle area who has 3 season tickets at Turf Moor because it's relatively cheap to take his family locally to watch Premier League football.

These are the 'floating' supporters that we have lost,and there are literally thousands of them in this area.Only promotion will bring them back and its a similar trait at all the local town team clubs...

Burnley's now near 20k average was only around 13,500 when they were promoted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

These are the 'floating' supporters that we have lost,and there are literally thousands of them in this area.Only promotion will bring them back and its a similar trait at all the local town team clubs...

Burnley's now near 20k average was only around 13,500 when they were promoted.

They only usually have around 17k home fans in the ground though. Not a million miles from us now and we have spent a decade in the doldrums whilst they are in their longest spell as a top flight club for half a century.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On a cold December day rovers played wolves and the attendance was 22k , now we were doing ok , we had the likes of samba nelsen Salgado pedersen mb Diouf .... now would that sort of thing be too much to ask ? That’s what was taken away from us , yet there are people here who would make do with half that being some sort of achievement. Have some pride in your club for goodness sake 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford getting mocked for having multi coloured seats scattered around their new ground to make it look fuller, to be honest whilst it’s a bit ugly I can imagine that working well on tv at least 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2020 at 14:23, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

These are the 'floating' supporters that we have lost,and there are literally thousands of them in this area.Only promotion will bring them back and its a similar trait at all the local town team clubs...

Burnley's now near 20k average was only around 13,500 when they were promoted.

We have lost more than the "floating" supporters. Off the top of my head, I can think of 8, who sat with us for years. And that is just me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super 6 ticket launched again. They never sell, but they keep on doing it. Though I suppose at £99 to £140 it’s a quarter season ticket, in reality, with prices extrapolating between £380 and £530 if a full season ticket.

Make West Brom a £10 on Easter Monday would be a much better idea, but there you go.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/introducing-the-super-six-ticket/

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Super 6 ticket launched again. They never sell, but they keep on doing it. Though I suppose at £99 to £140 it’s a quarter season ticket, in reality, with prices extrapolating between £380 and £530 if a full season ticket.

Make West Brom a £10 on Easter Monday would be a much better idea, but there you go.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/introducing-the-super-six-ticket/

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

Edited by HowieFive0
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

If you have £100 you can spare, or say £250 for a family then yes, but I'd wager people who wanted to make a big outlay in one go are already season ticket/half season ticket holders.

Plus its quite possible that half of those games will be available on TV.

WBA on easter Monday for £10 a ticket is much more attractive to the floating fan, or fan who cant make that commitment to get to Ewood all the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

If you have £100 you can spare, or say £250 for a family then yes, but I'd wager people who wanted to make a big outlay in one go are already season ticket/half season ticket holders.

Plus its quite possible that half of those games will be available on TV.

WBA on easter Monday for £10 a ticket is much more attractive to the floating fan, or fan who cant make that commitment to get to Ewood all the time. 

And if our season is over by Easter Monday ?  and its Easter ..a lot of the floating fans (and season ticket holders come to think of it !) tend to do "things" at Easter.

This aint no "Oxford " game ..

Besides .I thought the idea was to try and entice people back on a regular basis..ie try and get them back in the groove  ..rather than just  a one off game .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

And if our season is over by Easter Monday ?  and its Easter ..a lot of the floating fans (and season ticket holders come to think of it !) tend to do "things" at Easter.

This aint no "Oxford " game ..

Besides .I thought the idea was to try and entice people back on a regular basis..ie try and get them back in the groove  ..rather than just  a one off game .

Well we'll see.

History proves £10 games have an impact on attendances, and history also proves that these 8/6/4 game bundles have no impact at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

I’m not arguing with it. It’s a quarter season ticket, so if folk want one then great.

But these never sell more than a couple of hundred as the fans that want to commit to multiple games usually have by now with a full or half ST. 

That leaves your floating fan, they just won’t fork out £99-£150 for a half dozen matches, they pick a game when they fancy. So for them making a game cheap in the run in for an attractive game is more likely to get them in and gives Ewood a bit of an occasion feel for once which is a positive all round.

Different folk make up a fanbase, they aren’t all fanatics like me and thee that will turn up week after week, got to entice both.
 

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well we'll see.

History proves £10 games have an impact on attendances, and history also proves that these 8/6/4 game bundles have no impact at all.

But history also proves that a one off game at £10 makes no impact on future attendances.

 

Edited by HowieFive0
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But history also proves that a one off game at £10 makes no impact on future attendances.

So? It was still great to see the ground much fuller than it would’ve been otherwise for the Wigan game.

Why are Charlton bothering tomorrow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

So? It was still great to see the ground much fuller than it would’ve been otherwise for the Wigan game.

Why are Charlton bothering tomorrow?

Yes a one off game Matty but isn't the idea to get fans back on a regular basis ? 

Why don't we give Leeds the whole Darwen end and Riverside for a fiver if you want to see the ground  fuller Matty ? More chance of them doing it than Rovers fans !

The one off Oxford game (a celebration) didn't  get thousands back on board the following season. 

Got to get people back on a regular basis not some one off game. Get the bug ..not a one off piss up and forgotten in a haze.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yes a one off game Matty but isn't the idea to get fans back on a regular basis ? 

Why don't we give Leeds the whole Darwen end and Riverside for a fiver if you want to see the ground  fuller Matty ? More chance of them doing it than Rovers fans !

The one off Oxford game (a celebration) didn't  get thousands back on board the following season. 

Got to get people back on a regular basis not some one off game. Get the bug ..not a one off piss up and forgotten in a haze.

I want the ground fuller with Rovers fans, so a bit of a daft comment.

Increase ST sales (full ST), increase crowds, end of. Our crowds have always been ST heavy. Our average crowd waxes and wanes with how many STs get sold each summer.

Nothing will particularly change whilst we are second division mid table. The only solution is slash prices on the back of a promising season/summer of transfers, so riding the wave of a bit of momentum and goodwill or be challenging for/get promoted.

£350-£500 STs. £100-£140 6 game bundles for a side treading water in the EFL year in year out just won’t pull folk in, though the club are perfectly free to offer a quarter ST and must see some value in it. But if a £10 game creates a bit of atmosphere and fills some seats for once, what’s the problem?
 

 

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

I want the ground fuller with Rovers fans, so a bit of a daft comment.

Increase ST sales (full ST), increase crowds, end of. Our crowds have always been ST heavy. Our average crowd waxes and wanes with how many STs get sold each summer.

Nothing will particularly change whilst we are second division mid table. The only solution is slash prices on the back of a promising season/summer of transfers, so riding the wave of a bit of momentum and goodwill or be challenging for/get promoted.

£350-£500 STs. £100-£140 6 game bundles for a side treading water in the EFL year in year out just won’t pull folk in. But if a £10 game creates a bit of atmosphere and fills some seats for once, what’s the problem?
 

 

Its not a problem ..but its as you say a one off game ..again that's if we ve not gone and lost three on the bounce and people don't have better things to do or are away at Easter ...or God forbid Sky make it an evening KO because WBA are flying .

 Personally ..my own view ..is that reducing six games to 16 quid (and fucking hopefully wining a few !) gets those that buy in to at least get the bug and consider (as you rightly say ) a  reasonably priced season ticket next season.

BTW Matty im seriously not falling out with you over this ..I do see the benefits of a ten quid game but I just think its a short term solution 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fall out? Just chewing the fat, no?

In theory a 6 game bundle would do as you say, but the FF minutes show they only ever sell in minuscule numbers, probably because those inclined for paying decent money up front already have.

Only time they may sell well would be if we were flying towards promotion.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Fall out? Just chewing the fat, no?

In theory a 6 game bundle would do as you say, but the FF minutes show they only ever sell in minuscule numbers, probably because those inclined for paying decent money up front already have.

Only time they may sell well would be if we were flying towards promotion.

Well the club has tried and have reduced prices in some way. How it works out who knows .

Imagine taking four non committal  footballing mates onto Ewood  v Oxford then inviting them back with 12000 on  ..they d be after doing you under the trade description act ! They d run a mile next invite! Its a fine line I know this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a mindset thing. £99 for 6 makes it £16.50 a game in the Blackburn End instead of £22-£25. (£25-£28 with the surcharge). So a no brainer, in theory.

But a lot of the kind of fans that buy on the day only ever buy game by game. They just fancy taking in a game some weeks. They wouldn’t dream of paying £100-£150 in one do for 6 matches, even if it makes financial sense.

Look at the fact Waggott has admitted the surcharge hasn’t really dented the amount of folk that just rock up with an hour til KO.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's obviously done on the back of them hoping for a good run in. If it's spectacular there'll be a few hundred takers, if not then probably barely a hundred. 

Waggot can go to his paymasters with the old 'we've tried everything' it's not us it's them line and has a bit of evidence to back it up. Nobody at Rovers will stand up and tell them really why the imagination isn't being caught and rock their own boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.