BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, Biz said:

You’re accusing me of moving goalposts but you’re trying to turn this into a debate about chaddy. 

I ain’t telling lies - there are plenty of things going on at Ewood that make it more affordable, you’ve casually ignored the repeated point about it could still be improved. You’ve become a parody of yourself BJ. The only lies, the Johnson esq intentially divisive #ripoffrovers comments. 

Not an answer to the question is it. Was/is it a rip off? 

Rotherham at home is not going to attract big numbers of casual fans Matty. Unless it’s a game that has particular importance or meaning. I’m no marketing or business expert, but I’m still convinced we would’ve struggled to double single ticket sales by halfing the cost for that game.

Is it a rip off?

£19 in the Riverside? No I wouldn’t say so, £27 to sit in the grandstand, is, however. But that is the only time we’ve offered Cat C all season.

Totally agree Rotherham aren’t going to pull in casual fans so that’s why I wouldn’t ever offer deals for those kinds of fixtures.

I would do it for a game that will attract some interest; Preston, Leeds, Sheff Wed etc. and I’d make it a ‘local promotion’ so we can still charge top whack to the away fans, whilst making it a tempting price for casual fans to come and see a game at Ewood with a cracking atmosphere and a feel of an occasion.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

£19 in the Riverside? No I wouldn’t say so, £27 to sit in the grandstand, is, however. But that is the only time we’ve offered Cat C all season.

Totally agree Rotherham aren’t going to pull in casual fans so that’s why I wouldn’t ever offer deals for those kinds of fixtures.

I would do it for a game that will attract some interest; Preston, Leeds, Sheff Wed etc. and I’d make it a ‘local promotion’ so we can still charge top whack to the away fans, whilst making it a tempting price for casual fans to come and see a game at Ewood with a cracking atmosphere and a feel of an occasion.

Local offers to fill high profile games? That won’t catch on. Rovers hierarchy prefer to point at the “commitment” - or lack thereof - of the club’s own fans.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Perhaps getting a few of the senior players to renew their deals or “commit” could be a good way to push these out... oh wait!

3CC2ABF2-E96D-4CDA-B0D6-82243BBFA62F.jpeg

So you think a half season ticket is a good promotion? It is if you can commit to matches from Christmas to the end of the season. It's not what I'm talking about. The 1875 is only a good deal again if you're going to go to enough matches. The deals that might bring people in are the kind of thing Franky listed above. Not all of them obviously, but pick a couple and try them..

We're not talking about fans who come already. Not even ones like me who will come back but just have such a busy weekend life now that I've retired that I'm very rarely free on Saturdays. We're talking about people who don't normally attend but might if something caught their imagination. New fans or seriously lapsed ones. People who need to be attracted. Who may not even know who Bennett or Mulgrew are so won't be rejoicing that they've signed new contracts. We need something that offers a bit of sparkle to go with the work ethic and togetherness now evident at the club, something to attract or reattach fans. I'm not advocating making tickets generally cheap but make them more affordable over Christmas or perhaps better in January when everyone struggles after early Christmas pay and more indulgent spending over the holidays. Do something rather than nothing. Monitor it and if there's little difference then don't repeat it. If it's successful, look for another opportunity. 

• Moderation Lead

Apart from moving goalposts and a load of nonsense. The way I see it is still:

1- There is no justification for the surcharge.

2- We could still be doing more to attract people to the games.

P.S- Blueboy, I think Chaddy has you on ignore as well. ?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Lol. He's got every fecker on ignore except Mowbray and Nixon.

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I agree. I think we will probably see a double or treble deal for Brum/Norwich/WBA over Christmas and one that would suit your suggestion is Wigan/Preston home games 3 days apart in March.

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

OMG! You brought up the fact I was pandering to a 'section of this thread'.  I just replied in kind. You are soooooooo Donald. 

Sigh. The debate is about ticket prices. There are no deals on offer. You said there were plenty. You lied. 

Who's divisive again? ?

Go and have a lie down.

#FakeTicketNews

#RipOffRovers

How is £30 for any u12 for a half season ticket not a “deal on offer”...?

Johnson. A bit of Johnson...!

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If it’s being suggested that it’s a “special offer”, it hardly supports the counter argument.

Gumboots never specifically mentioned a ticket deal but your old friend Boris definitely said it was a rip off. Is it, or isn’t it?

10 minutes ago, gumboots said:

So you think a half season ticket is a good promotion? It is if you can commit to matches from Christmas to the end of the season. It's not what I'm talking about. The 1875 is only a good deal again if you're going to go to enough matches. The deals that might bring people in are the kind of thing Franky listed above. Not all of them obviously, but pick a couple and try them..

We're not talking about fans who come already. Not even ones like me who will come back but just have such a busy weekend life now that I've retired that I'm very rarely free on Saturdays. We're talking about people who don't normally attend but might if something caught their imagination. New fans or seriously lapsed ones. People who need to be attracted. Who may not even know who Bennett or Mulgrew are so won't be rejoicing that they've signed new contracts. We need something that offers a bit of sparkle to go with the work ethic and togetherness now evident at the club, something to attract or reattach fans. I'm not advocating making tickets generally cheap but make them more affordable over Christmas or perhaps better in January when everyone struggles after early Christmas pay and more indulgent spending over the holidays. Do something rather than nothing. Monitor it and if there's little difference then don't repeat it. If it's successful, look for another opportunity. 

I think they’ll probably do a deal or two over Christmas, I’d expect them too. I think they did last year?

The majority of those missing from out attendance are not “fans that don’t usually attend but would do if something took their attention”. Most of them are “I’m not watching us play Millwall/Rotherham”.

Its quite simple. We will average more in bigger games.

The idea that the people running the show are simply trying to cash in and put fans off is an oxymoron. 

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The false justification is the pretense people won’t be attending, because they can’t pre order a ticket. It’s a pathetic excuse.

I also doubt many of those thousands of empty seats will be filled because we “got local car parks open” or “a half price pie and a pint”

You know as well as I do. The only way these attendances will return is success on the pitch. When are we going to stop pretending anything else is as important?

• Moderation Lead

When will you just simply acknowledge that they don’t help?

Of course only success will bring the crowds back in the main, but we can improve them on what they currently are. We can do that by not punishing people that may be wavering.

We need to be encouraging these people, not annoying them!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'm shocked. He's never mentioned it. 

We're suppose to be partying together in Preston on Saturday. 

I’m worried about him tbh, Mercer offered him a pint and he turned it down....

9 minutes ago, Biz said:

Gumboots never specifically mentioned a ticket deal but your old friend Boris definitely said it was a rip off. Is it, or isn’t it?

I actually replied to Mattyblue about the Rotherham price and never mentioned “rip off”.

Interesting that you agree with Matt but disagree with me.

But if you are going to be a dick about it, you need to answer the very simple questions posed to you by Franky first.

Biz - Not sure we will see any offers over Christmas due to them not wanting to dilute half season ticket sales. I would love them to do that treble deal you mention or a ‘local promotion’ offer for West Brom, as it’s NYD and our only ‘festive’ fixture, probably a big away following, it would be a great occasion, but just don’t think they will.

I imagine we won’t see anything until 2019, which is most odd considering the Fans Forum were told one was planned for early season.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

but your old friend Boris definitely said it was a rip off. Is it, or isn’t it?

The  #RipOffRovers is to do with the surcharge. The lack of ticket deals, even though not a rip off in themselves, are a sign of the malaise within the administrative corridors of our fine old club. Try not to conflate the two, Donald FFS!

Image result for donald trump gif

The surcharge is a joke.

Whether it puts off new fans or not it pisses off and unjustly punishes current , loyal fans who have stuck by this club through thick and thin.

25 quid to sit in the Blackburn end against Rotherham a few weeks before Xmas is not cheap to your average person.  

It should be scrapped and I can't see any valued reason why it should be kept

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

When will you just simply acknowledge that they don’t help?

Of course only success will bring the crowds back in the main, but we can improve them on what they currently are. We can do that by not punishing people that may be wavering.

We need to be encouraging these people, not annoying them!

The cost doesn’t help, but it’s not the hindrance you and others are suggesting.

Said it before, say it again; it’s the pe

rfect excuse for some who simply cannot be arsed. It’s not punishing anyone for wavering- it’s a cost for not being organised perhaps but that’s about it.

This idea that it’s a sleuth “tax” or a way to underhandly rip fans off and thus a crucial hindrance to swelling the gate is utter nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I actually replied to Mattyblue about the Rotherham price and never mentioned “rip off”.

Interesting that you agree with Matt but disagree with me.

But if you are going to be a dick about it, you need to answer the very simple questions posed to you by Franky first.

No - your mate Boris the Blueboy Johnson is suggesting the “waggot” influence at Ewood is creating the moniker “rip off rovers”. I asked you if you felt the pricing for Rotherham was a rip off and you couldn’t answer the question. Matty Blue managed to answer it.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The  #RipOffRovers is to do with the surcharge. The lack of ticket deals, even though not a rip off in themselves, are a sign of the malaise within the administrative corridors of our fine old club. Try not to conflate the two, Donald FFS!

Image result for donald trump gif

If a £3 pound cost that can be negated by preordering, joining a reward scheme or arriving 125 minutes before the game is tantamount to a “rip off” or seriously dodgy club policy; I hope you never have to book a taxi in clitheroe...!

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The surcharge is a joke.

Whether it puts off new fans or not it pisses off and unjustly punishes current , loyal fans who have stuck by this club through thick and thin.

25 quid to sit in the Blackburn end against Rotherham a few weeks before Xmas is not cheap to your average person.  

It should be scrapped and I can't see any valued reason why it should be kept

Strange because I don’t see any valid reason why it should be paid when it can be avoided simply and easily.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The way you talk its like the surcharge is putting loads of people off which it is not. I walk past the ticket office about 2pm-2.15pm every Saturday home game and they are plenty of people queueing up there. Plus the figures we have that over 800 people are buying after 12pm deadline and is not a put off for many fans. Its 3 pounds which is not alot of money, you will come back and say it is for some people but not when you are buying a ticket at 30 pounds.

Woosh

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

Strange because I don’t see any valid reason why it should be paid when it can be avoided simply and easily.

Because the Saturdays I can make it I sit ready hoping my mum turns up in time to babysit from her work. Sometime she's gets back and I dash off from wigan at half past one and sometimes she doesn't get back for me to make it and I have to listen on the radio. I get there at half two and have to pay an extra three quid to watch the same game. 

I'm sure other people have similar circumstances where they are working and if they finish in time they go down to ewood. 

Why should circumstance affect the cost of a ticket.

In an ideal world I would have a season ticket. With my job and children I can't commit sometimes til literally the last minute.

If I'm off and can arrange it I go home, away, u21s anywhere anytime, so why should I be punished .

Also the few times I know I can make it I have tried the e ticket thing which is a joke as I have been waiting four months for an email to change my password and as I've explained before don't use phones so if they are going to charge it maybe they should sort there side out.

I paid 15 pounds this season so far in surcharges half avoidable if they sorted there email out

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

Just now, Biz said:

The cost doesn’t help, but it’s not the hindrance you and others are suggesting.

Said it before, say it again; it’s the pe

rfect excuse for some who simply cannot be arsed. It’s not punishing anyone for wavering- it’s a cost for not being organised perhaps but that’s about it.

This idea that it’s a sleuth “tax” or a way to underhandly rip fans off and thus a crucial hindrance to swelling the gate is utter nonsense. 

No - your mate Boris the Blueboy Johnson is suggesting the “waggot” influence at Ewood is creating the moniker “rip off rovers”. I asked you if you felt the pricing for Rotherham was a rip off and you couldn’t answer the question. Matty Blue managed to answer it.

If a £3 pound cost that can be negated by preordering, joining a reward scheme or arriving 125 minutes before the game is tantamount to a “rip off” or seriously dodgy club policy; I hope you never have to book a taxi in clitheroe...!

OK.  I wouldn't join a reward scheme because I wouldn't use it often enough, I wouldn't arrive 2 hours before any match. I like to be spontaneous or I have trouble persuading the person I want to go to the match with me to do so. I can get there in time to get a ticket but wouldn't preorder in case my husband/daughter/friend can't commit to coming with me. I don't think the policy of charging extra for people in that situation is dodgy, but I just think it's totally unnecessary if you want to increase attendance

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Because the Saturdays I can make it I sit ready hoping my mum turns up in time to babysit from her work. Sometime she's gets back and I dash off from wigan at half past one and sometimes she doesn't get back for me to make it and I have to listen on the radio. I get there at half two and have to pay an extra three quid to watch the same game. 

I'm sure other people have similar circumstances where they are working and if they finish in time they go down to ewood. 

In an ideal world I would have a season ticket. With my job and children I can't commit sometimes til literally the last minute.

If I'm off and can arrange it I go home, away, u21s anywhere anytime, so why should I be punished 

Good post. There will be quite a few in your situation.

It's not about how the surcharge may deter 'thousands' of fans from attending, it's about how it rips off those loyal fans that can't commit until the last minute. You have my sympathy. Unfortunately, because it doesn't affect the likes of Biz Trump and his loyal poodle they can't understand why it is an issue. It sadly says a lot about them.

#RipOffRovers 

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Biz - Not sure we will see any offers over Christmas due to them not wanting to dilute half season ticket sales. I would love them to do that treble deal you mention or a ‘local promotion’ offer for West Brom, as it’s NYD and our only ‘festive’ fixture, probably a big away following, it would be a great occasion, but just don’t think they will.

I imagine we won’t see anything until 2019, which is most odd considering the Fans Forum were told one was planned for early season.

This is exactly what I think too, which will again point to them not prioritising increasing attendances. Although the December tickets have not been announced yet so we can only hope they have something planned.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The way you talk its like the surcharge is putting loads of people off which it is not. I walk past the ticket office about 2pm-2.15pm every Saturday home game and they are plenty of people queueing up there. Plus the figures we have that over 800 people are buying after 12pm deadline and is not a put off for many fans. Its 3 pounds which is not alot of money, you will come back and say it is for some people but not when you are buying a ticket at 30 pounds.

I just cant fathom how you are incapable of realising that people queuing up on matchday or the stat of 800 walk-ons a game is NOT proof that it hasnt put anyone off. 

Your argument is that MOST people will not be put off by the surcharge and you seemingly have a valid point. But no one is saying otherwise. The fact that 800 are clearly unaffected by paying the surcharge as an isolated statistic is a moot, useless one. Its the people that arent there, and more so the quantity of them, partially or solely because of the surcharge that we are interested in.

Obviously there are different stands/age categories etc so its not a 100% true calculation. But if a ticket is say £24 for a game, 100 additional fans would be needed to offset the additional revenue of the surcharge. If the ticket is £27, then 89 additional fans would be needed. (Obviously with that example, there is the added psychological aspect of paying £30, we saw the reaction when Bolton revealed their ticket prices) Then there obviously is the additional benefit of having these fans in the ground, for the boost in atmosphere, for potential increases in additional items (food, drink, club shop etc) and also the hope that they may attend again more often in the future.

The justification for the surcharge is also subject to mockery because it does not go hand in hand with an attitude of hoping for as many people to turn up wanting a ticket to boost the attendance on a match day.

There is an example below of someone who has not bought a ticket specifically because of the surcharge. In my opinion, I would suggest that he almost certainly isnt the only one to either have decided solely or partially not to attend a game because of the added £3 surcharge. The effect of it is two pronged, it obviously increases the ticket price, and there is also the principle of paying more than other people for the same product. Considering these people arent season ticket holders, they clearly dont see attending as the be all and end all.

Franky has hit the nail on the head regarding the surcharge. If there is anyone that is put off by it, then it certainly should be something that at least warrants further discussion and research as to its effectiveness.

If Franky is the only person to have been partially or totally persuaded not to buy a ticket because of the surcharge, then I would suggest that the surcharge has been vindicated somewhat, It is if there are more than just Franky, which based on the length of the discussion on here alone, I would suggest there is, then it becomes a point of contention.

On 17/11/2018 at 09:43, Franky said:

The discussion is not about the 800 who attend and don’t care or realise about the surcharge.

It is about the 10 or 100 or 1000 who would attend if there was no surcharge.

There are many ideas on this thread from passionate ROVERS FANS many who are not going regularly or at all. Are the club taking note or just ignoring the issue ?

The Leeds game with early KO had a surcharge the whole day. I chose not to go because of it. If I was the only one then fair enough.

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If I'm off and can arrange it I go home, away, u21s anywhere anytime, so why should I be punished .

Also the few times I know I can make it I have tried the e ticket thing which is a joke as I have been waiting four months for an email to change my password and as I've explained before don't use phones so if they are going to charge it maybe they should sort there side out.

I paid 15 pounds this season so far in surcharges half avoidable if they sorted there email out

I would’ve picked the phone up and explained the problem and my circumstances because then at least you’d know for certain whether there is alternative or if the club are steadfast in their approach in trying to take extra money from you! Maybe you should try that since the feedback on here would be much more valuable than reading more of Boris’s Bullshit

It’s possible to pre-order and cancel tickets too. I’m not sure if that comes with a cost but both yours and @gumboots experiences don’t change my opinion that this has been turned into a mountain from a molehill.