BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

One Saturday 3pm game in 6 months? That isn’t normal even if you are having a decent season and doing well in the FA Cup, word being *decent*, we are fifth in the second tier, not charging to the automatics.

Whatever the reason, and there are a few this season, the end result will still be many fans thinking twice about a ST at our prices.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just highlighted that football isn't 3pm kick off sport anymore

All the way through lockdown, sky bleated on about football being nothing without fans. Now they are back, they clearly couldn't give a shit about them. If you think that the below is acceptable on any level then the only possible logical reason must be that you work for Sky Sports:

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly the kind of bollocks that will make folk think twice about renewing STs.

Between Huddersfield on the 5th November and Luton on the 29th April (and obviously every chance that moves too) we will have had *one* league game at Saturday 3pm.

And not only moved, half 7 on a Saturday, why? Any Hull fans wanting to come via train are fucked now. And which non supporters will watch this game at that time?

There has to be change, there has to be limits brought in to how many games a month and a season can be shown for 1 team to minimise disruption. More thought has to be put into time slots, half 7 on a Saturday is not acceptable, fixtures should be chosen with an eye on potential travel disruption. And more notice needs to be given. 

It won't though, especially when you have people with the attitude of chaddy.

I have seen numerous comments like the above about people not getting season tickets, that is what this will do, drive fans away. 

5 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

It still is in the football league .this weekend 28 games kick off at 3pm on saturday and only 4 don't

Fair point Darren there but over the weekend they tend to 2 to 3 championship games on TV. This might change if the EFL gets their way with TV new deal

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All the way through lockdown, sky bleated on about football being nothing without fans. Now they are back, they clearly couldn't give a shit about them. If you think that the below is acceptable on any level then the only possible logical reason must be that you work for Sky Sports:

No I have accepted over the last 30 years that Football isn't just 3pm sport but is played over 4 days over weekend with different time slots. 

And not only moved, half 7 on a Saturday, why? Any Hull fans wanting to come via train are fucked now. And which non supporters will watch this game at that time?

Are trains even reliable nowadays? Probably not. 

Some neutral fans will watch the game but Sky want to cover the teams pushing for promotion. That is us this season 

There has to be change, there has to be limits brought in to how many games a month and a season can be shown for 1 team to minimise disruption. More thought has to be put into time slots, half 7 on a Saturday is not acceptable, fixtures should be chosen with an eye on potential travel disruption. And more notice needs to be given. 

It won't though, especially when you have people with the attitude of chaddy.

These types of kick offs time might become the norm if EFL gets their way and BT sports, Sky Sports and vivaplay shares the TV rights. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I have accepted over the last 30 years that Football isn't just 3pm sport but is played over 4 days over weekend with different time slots. 

Are trains even reliable nowadays? Probably not. 

Some neutral fans will watch the game but Sky want to cover the teams pushing for promotion. That is us this season 

These types of kick offs time might become the norm if EFL gets their way and BT sports, Sky Sports and vivaplay shares the TV rights. 

If you think that 1 3pm home Saturday kick off over many months is acceptable then you are in a very small minority.

A total disregard towards match going fans especially when one team is selected to such a degree. People will not bother with season tickets because it just wont be worth it.

There has to be changes. Limits on individual teams being moved, thought towards travelling distances at certain times. It wont happen because as much as Sky said that football is nothing without fans, they clearly dont give them a second thought. Twats.

You keep saying that it isn't "just" a 3pm Saturday sport. That might be valid if the odd game moved. Not nearly every one.

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think that 1 3pm home Saturday kick off over many months is acceptable then you are in a very small minority.

A total disregard towards match going fans especially when one team is selected to such a degree. People will not bother with season tickets because it just wont be worth it.

There has to be changes. Limits on individual teams being moved, thought towards travelling distances at certain times. It wont happen because as much as Sky said that football is nothing without fans, they clearly dont give them a second thought. Twats.

You keep saying that it isn't "just" a 3pm Saturday sport. That might be valid if the odd game moved. Not nearly every one.

Football has changed over the last 30 years and since that has been when I starting games and going Ewood Park including being a ST for vast majority of them. 

Kick off times don't bothered me as over the years games have been moved for various reasons especially when we were in the PL and Europe. I see playing on different days and different kick off times as part of British football nowadays. 

If you think they should be limited fine whilst Sky Sports wanted to cover the teams going for promotion which we are one this summer. Given that the EFL wanted more TV companies to come on aboard for the next TV deal that more kick offs could be moved from 3pm Saturday kick offs. 

Also just for record I don't work for Sky Sports but I think they have been part of moving Football forward in the country since 1992 and I still the early Premier league days as it was yesterday

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Football has changed over the last 30 years and since that has been when I starting games and going Ewood Park including being a ST for vast majority of them. 

Kick off times don't bothered me as over the years games have been moved for various reasons especially when we were in the PL and Europe. I see playing on different days and different kick off times as part of British football nowadays. 

If you think they should be limited fine whilst Sky Sports wanted to cover the teams going for promotion which we are one this summer. Given that the EFL wanted more TV companies to come on aboard for the next TV deal that more kick offs could be moved from 3pm Saturday kick offs. 

Also just for record I don't work for Sky Sports but I think they have been part of moving Football forward in the country since 1992 and I still the early Premier league days as it was yesterday

Ultimately, your opinion again is based on the fact that it doesn't bother/affect you individually.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

They probably don't want to put ST's on sale yet.

They've hit their targets so guessing they will want to wait until the new financial year?

Could be onto something here the way the owners fund the club probably has something to do with Rovers not needing an early cash influx before summer like some others do.

We aim at Waggot and co rightly so but the ownership are the ultimate shot callers so they need to show some ambition to increase STs holders significantly in one go. 

• Like 2

Missing the point as usual, Chaddy.

Of course games will be moved, of course Sky calls the tune, of course it’s been going on for 30 years, of course  us fans just have to put up with it.

However, *this scale* of games being moved is not normal. One 3pm Saturday game in *six months* is unprecedented and will do nothing for ST renewals, as guess what, other people have other priorities in life and unlike you (and me for that matter) they can’t/won’t  drop everything to get to Ewood at all manner of times when they can just plonk in front of the TV.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ultimately, your opinion again is based on the fact that it doesn't bother/affect you individually.

Of course my opinion is based on me since its my account on here so course I will talk how I see it

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Missing the point as usual, Chaddy.

Of course games will be moved, of course Sky calls the tune, of course it’s been going on for 30 years, of course  us fans just have to put up with it.

However, *this scale* of games being moved is not normal. One 3pm Saturday game in *six months* is unprecedented and will do nothing for ST renewals, as guess what, other people have other priorities in life and unlike you (and me for that matter) they can’t/won’t  drop everything to get to Ewood at all manner of times when they can just plonk in front of the TV.

Not at all Matty since I was talking about from my opinion on the way football has developed and moved on to playing on different days and kick off times for the last 30 years. 

We had around 3,500 walk on's against Reading on Wednesday despite it being on Sky Red Button. The 10 pound ticket worked and the Norwich ticket pricing is good and reasonable plus a 3pm kick off on Good Friday. Yes we have some games moved for TV coverage like Sheffield United and PNE which is understandable less so Cardiff game but we also had the Blackpool game moved for FA cup which was 3pm kick off aswell. 

We all have different priorities and Rovers can't suited everyone sadly. The PNE and Sheffield United home games were both 12.30 kick offs which wasn't ideally for myself after working a night shift but I accept it has this is modern football. Just imagine next season if we reach the PL and have a 12.30pm or 17.30pm kick off against Man City or Chelsea will people have the same complains then? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

What’s a cheap ticket for walk ons got to do with any of the points I was making?

*Sigh* please try reading, Chaddy. Nobody has issues with some games being moved, that’s just how it is, just going SIX MONTHS with only one Sat 3pm league match, but anyway there might just be a slight difference in folk’s priorities if we happen to be miraculously back in the PL… oh and we wouldn’t be going six months without a 3pm Saturday game in the PL either!

There are reasons for the absurd amount of moved games this particular season, but that doesn’t stop the inconvenience and the decisions some ST holders will be making on the back of it this summer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s a cheap ticket for walk ons got to do with any of the points I was making?

*Sigh* please try reading, Chaddy. Nobody has issues with games being moved, just SIX MONTHS without a Sat 3pm, but there might just be a slight difference in folk’s priorities if we happen to be miraculously back in the PL… oh and we wouldn’t be going six months without a 3pm Saturday game in the PL either!

We’d be moaning about never being on Sky 😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course my opinion is based on me since its my account on here so course I will talk how I see it

Not at all Matty since I was talking about from my opinion on the way football has developed and moved on to playing on different days and kick off times for the last 30 years. 

We had around 3,500 walk on's against Reading on Wednesday despite it being on Sky Red Button. The 10 pound ticket worked and the Norwich ticket pricing is good and reasonable plus a 3pm kick off on Good Friday. Yes we have some games moved for TV coverage like Sheffield United and PNE which is understandable less so Cardiff game but we also had the Blackpool game moved for FA cup which was 3pm kick off aswell. 

We all have different priorities and Rovers can't suited everyone sadly. The PNE and Sheffield United home games were both 12.30 kick offs which was ideally for myself after working a night shift but I accept it has this is modern football. Just imagine next season if we reach the PL and have a 12.30pm or 17.30pm kick off against Man City or Chelsea will people have the same complains then? 

I certainly will. You seem to think that having a 15:00 kick-off on a bank holiday is a bonus. I would say, that should be the norm.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We get that you keep saying that it isnt just a 3pm Saturday kick off timetable any more. But @chaddyrovers do you think that it is acceptable for one team to not have a home league game at 3pm in over half a season, yes or no?

The odd one moved, of course that is fine. But not every single bloody one over months and months.

before we had the break for world cup we have 7 home games at 3pm and since the world cup we have 1 home(out of 8 games) since the world cup break. Yes some have moved for FA cup like Blackpool home game but we wouldn't be in the Quarter finals now so its one that you will have accept was needed since you want to be competitive in the FA cup. Some have been moved for Tv but some was midweek games anyway like Boro and Reading at home. We have had 4 home leagues since World cup break moved for TV. So just to recap we have 5 home league games that should have been 3pm kick off time and only 1 has. Other 4 have been selected for tv reasons. 

I see as part and parcel of the game and if we are promotion hunt which we are then we are more likely to be selected for TV coverage whether at home or away 

But it’s not about you and what you think is ‘part and parcel’, or me, as we will always buy a ST.

However, many others who have other priorities or struggle to make odd KO times will see one 3pm Saturday match in 6 months, with games even kicking off at 7.45 on a *Saturday night* and think nah, I’ll keep my £400/£500 in my pocket going forward, thanks.

Edited by Mattyblue

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

before we had the break for world cup we have 7 home games at 3pm and since the world cup we have 1 home(out of 8 games) since the world cup break. Yes some have moved for FA cup like Blackpool home game but we wouldn't be in the Quarter finals now so its one that you will have accept was needed since you want to be competitive in the FA cup. Some have been moved for Tv but some was midweek games anyway like Boro and Reading at home. We have had 4 home leagues since World cup break moved for TV. So just to recap we have 5 home league games that should have been 3pm kick off time and only 1 has. Other 4 have been selected for tv reasons. 

I see as part and parcel of the game and if we are promotion hunt which we are then we are more likely to be selected for TV coverage whether at home or away 

Would your answer to my question then be a simple yes, you do think it is acceptable to have only 1 3pm Saturday kick off in 6 months?

I know that the cup moved the Blackpool game, not a problem. But 4 moves for TV out of 5 and more to come, disgraceful and will deter potential season ticket holders.

53 minutes ago, rigger said:

I certainly will. You seem to think that having a 15:00 kick-off on a bank holiday is a bonus. I would say, that should be the norm.

Most EFL will be at 3pm but Sky are showing 4 EFL games on Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Surprised Rovers Norwich game wasn't selected for tv tbh

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would your answer to my question then be a simple yes, you do think it is acceptable to have only 1 3pm Saturday kick off in 6 months?

I know that the cup moved the Blackpool game, not a problem. But 4 moves for TV out of 5 and more to come, disgraceful and will deter potential season ticket holders.

I have given you my answer which was it is part and parcel of modern day football and given that we are in promotion hunt and playing well that was we get selected. I didn't understand the Cardiff and Wigan TV selection myself but I guess they will say they are covering Promotion and relegation teams then. 

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But it’s not about you and what you think is ‘part and parcel’, or me, as we will always buy a ST.

But this is my profile and account so I will talk about from my viewpoint overall

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

However, many others who have other priorities or struggle to make odd KO times will see one 3pm Saturday match in 6 months, with games even kicking off at 7.45 on a *Saturday night* and think nah, I’ll keep my £400/£500 in my pocket going forward, thanks.

very true Matty and it was well made point from their viewpoint and I understand that. 

Some people who work Saturday might be able to make that 7.45pm Saturday night kick off time from their viewpoint(depending on their circumstances but others people make not be able to. It is strange kick off time and one I don't think we ever played at in the past. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have given you my answer which was it is part and parcel of modern day football and given that we are in promotion hunt and playing well that was we get selected. I didn't understand the Cardiff and Wigan TV selection myself but I guess they will say they are covering Promotion and relegation teams then. 

But this is my profile and account so I will talk about from my viewpoint overall

very true Matty and it was well made point from their viewpoint and I understand that. 

Some people who work Saturday might be able to make that 7.45pm Saturday night kick off time from their viewpoint(depending on their circumstances but others people make not be able to. It is strange kick off time and one I don't think we ever played at in the past. 

I sort of get why they have more interest in us but not to that extent. We have been in or around the play offs, I doubt the likes of Millwall and Luton have been moved half as much.

But even so, 1 or 2 at a push out of 5 moved, fine. Put on a couple midweek too, that doesn't require any changes for the fans the supposedly think that make football. Its the quantity that riles people and causes people who have tickets to miss out.

And 12pm on new years day and half 7 on a Saturday? Both are stupid slots.

You keep repeating the "modern day football" line but it doesn't justify the quantity of matches moved. I have still attending the home games but I can show empathy, why can't you?

It will compound high season ticket prices IMO and lead to smaller crowds. I just hope it at least fits around your shifts, that is all that matters.