BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No real conversation about the woeful service and queues on the concourse but at least Savio got to ask about player postcards again.

It’s been raised several times already tbf. If you wanted it to be raised again, I did put a message in here asking me if anybody wanted anything to be raised?

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s been raised several times already tbf. If you wanted it to be raised again, I did put a message in here asking me if anybody wanted anything to be raised?

If it’s been raised several times already, and yet it’s still poor, that tells its own story. The problem in the JW upper isn’t generally for the bigger games when they have all the bars and food outlets open. It’s the ‘average’ games when they decide they’ll only open 2 of the outlets. 

Edited by Hasta

So there we have it from the man himself. He is only here to hit the owners' financial targets and he's doing his job perfectly well on his figures. He'll be able to trot off to India in the summer with his 'highest revenue take since the club were in the PL' line and the money men out there will be happy. Of course that won't factor in medium to long term factors such as a rapidly diminishing support base, desolate atmosphere and shrinking of our ST numbers every year, nor will it factor in matchday takings for food, drink, merchandise, but he won't want that to come into the equation.

We can now see the latest excuse of 'infiltration' of Burnley fans in the home ends as the excuse for giving them a massive allocation in the DE. That's just nonsense as you can easily combat that with database only purchases and severe sanctions for anyone who buys for a Burnley fan. 

But hey the decision has already been made on that front all the other talk is just keeping up appearances to make people think serious thoughts are going into their allocation. It will be £30 a pop and as many as the police will permit. We'll even open the Legends Lounge and offer them a luxury option.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

If it’s been raised several times already, and yet it’s still poor, that tells its own story. The problem in the JW upper isn’t generally for the bigger games when they have all the bars and food outlets open. It’s the ‘average’ games when they decide they’ll only open 2 of the outlets. 

I guess the problem with staff being casual that they isn't much loyal from them with alot of being young adults and probably want more secure work its leads to these sort of problem. 

My problem is lack of food options and no proper choice away from Pies, burgers or Chips plus the cost of them now isn't worth the value of the food inside the stadium. I have tried the Indian outlet outside the Blackburn End which was good quality and different choice which I like. 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess the problem with staff being casual that they isn't much loyal from them with alot of being young adults and probably want more secure work its leads to these sort of problem.

That's not a new problem. I worked in the kiosks at one point for a short time. It's a high staff turnover. It's normal, but they come and go.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I may be wrong but the number of of outlets open doesn’t appear to be a staffing issue. 3pm kick offs and bigger midweek games like Boro at home and they are all open.

I think they are sometimes deliberately closed as for some games they think the demand isn’t there so they aren’t all required.

Agree on the food choices. The current pies are awful. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Staffing does continue to be a problem at Ewood, as was noted in the minutes. It’s a problem right across the hospitality industry so it’s hardly surprising that Rovers are suffering too. The workforce are obviously casual with work just on odd days. Unsurprisingly it was a real issue at the Cardiff game, when I guess a lot of the casual staff looked at their alarm early on New Year’s Day and rolled over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Staffing does continue to be a problem at Ewood, as was noted in the minutes. It’s a problem right across the hospitality industry so it’s hardly surprising that Rovers are suffering too. The workforce are obviously casual with work just on odd days. Unsurprisingly it was a real issue at the Cardiff game, when I guess a lot of the casual staff looked at their alarm early on New Year’s Day and rolled over. 

Which is where the parents come in, get up get out of bed and get to work.

Perish the thought anybody might do that.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right thread, but...

Suhail... Is he still "involved"? Was his name mentioned in fans' forums before JDT and GB came in? If so, has Suhail's name been mentioned since?

Asking as a dullard. I always understood Suhail to be the eyes and ears of Venkys in the UK. I'm curious if the structure put in place in summer has changed anything on that front. I would assume not.

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Suhail... Is he still "involved"? Was his name mentioned in fans' forums before JDT and GB came in? If so, has Suhail's name been mentioned since?

Asking as a dullard. I always understood Suhail to be the eyes and ears of Venkys in the UK. I'm curious if the structure put in place in summer has changed anything on that front. I would assume not.

He is still part of Rovers management Staff | rovers.co.uk

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

nothing goes to Pune without going via Suhail

Seen tickets for the Wigan game have gone on sale at £20. No issues with that it's a good price, but one of the selling points of the 1875 membership was that anyone who bought it would get £5 off each of the "derby" games as they would be category A games. Will that still be honoured or quietly forgotten about? 

Think you know the answer to that! Bit like when all night games were supposed to be £20 behind the goal… until they realised they could rinse a decent Sunderland following.

And now with Wigan and Blackpool midweek that’s half of the Cat A fixtures down the toilet… so how about you don’t decide on each game’s category before the season kicks off when so many fixtures are subject to change!

• Like 1

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Seen tickets for the Wigan game have gone on sale at £20. No issues with that it's a good price, but one of the selling points of the 1875 membership was that anyone who bought it would get £5 off each of the "derby" games as they would be category A games. Will that still be honoured or quietly forgotten about? 

Kick up a fuss about it.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

They should do. If not asked can you speak to retail manager Tina Neil or general Lynsey Talbot to make your points on this