BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

On 07/12/2022 at 21:16, K-Hod said:

On the Macron website, Rovers home shirt is available in roughly half of the sizes.

On Rovers’ website, it’s available in none of the sizes. 
So the stock clearly exists somewhere beyond where it was manufactured…

I did mention this before. 

On 08/12/2022 at 08:05, Mike E said:

And what about every season prior to 2021 when we don't have shirts in stock? What's your explanation for those?

Mike, I remember back in February 2016 when my missus bought me the Red away shirt for the season 2016/17. So maybe it not actually every season. I tend to buy my Rovers shirt in the first few weeks of the season cos of the size I wanted especially with this this season with 4xl being available

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

There’s just seemingly minimal effort and no imagination and it’s really sad. If anyone has social media, have a look at a page called ‘footy food’ and compare it to the fayre served up at Ewood. We were on there once, but not for the right reasons. 

I have been saying for seasons that the food quality and value for money is very poor. I think the indian food you can buy outside is decent and enjoyable, but the quality of the pies is poor. I don't know why Rovers don't sell Pizza Slices and Rovers should sub let a space to Sabbro Pizza. I have been several times to Sabbro on the EG garages at Junction 6 on M65 and the food quality is excellent. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, I know that Waggott has been made aware of the shambolic concourse service as I have seen the minutes in the fans forum. He has actively been given suggestions to improve it, I think he dismissed the idea of pre-pouring drinks and offered to look into bottle bars and they still remain unused.

Are the Bottle bars still not open despite being there?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did mention this before. 

Mike, I remember back in February 2016 when my missus bought me the Red away shirt for the season 2016/17. So maybe it not actually every season. I tend to buy my Rovers shirt in the first few weeks of the season cos of the size I wanted especially with this this season with 4xl being available

I have been saying for seasons that the food quality and value for money is very poor. I think the indian food you can buy outside is decent and enjoyable, but the quality of the pies is poor. I don't know why Rovers don't sell Pizza Slices and Rovers should sub let a space to Sabbro Pizza. I have been several times to Sabbro on the EG garages at Junction 6 on M65 and the food quality is excellent. 

Are the Bottle bars still not open despite being there?

Nope. They have been open previously with beer pumps on, it helps with queues. For some reason they haven't been used.

Last match, I went down 5 minutes before half time, got served as the second half was kicking off and they only had Fosters left which I would never choose in a million years.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nope. They have been open previously with beer pumps on, it helps with queues. For some reason they haven't been used.

Poor that tbh

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Last match, I went down 5 minutes before half time, got served as the second half was kicking off and they only had Fosters left which I would never choose in a million years.

I used to like a pint of Fosters years ago. Not anymore for me. 

Yes I have seen you mention the service is poor down there with Staff there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

February 2016 is neither Summer nor Christmas, the peak buying times (where we are failing to have adequate stock).

But the fact remains Mike, They were shirts available. 

I was in the club shop 3 weeks ago and they were shirts in there but I don't know about sizes. I wanted to 2 Rovers hoodies and few other things. Got my shirt before the season started

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But the fact remains Mike, They were shirts available. 

I was in the club shop 3 weeks ago and they were shirts in there but I don't know about sizes. I wanted to 2 Rovers hoodies and few other things. Got my shirt before the season started

One of the most ignorant things I’ve read on here in a long long time. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

One of the most ignorant things I’ve read on here in a long long time. 

I have to disagree with you here. 

I am saying that I got my shirt early. Just stated a fact. 

I also asked the fans forum could they asked for sales number from club kits plus can we see if its improved on sales from last season. I have also explained the problems with logistics and manufacturing problems in the far east still happening

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have to disagree with you here. 

I am saying that I got my shirt early. Just stated a fact. 

I also asked the fans forum could they asked for sales number from club kits plus can we see if its improved on sales from last season. I have also explained the problems with logistics and manufacturing problems in the far east still happening

Your empathy-less, Chaddy. Either that or just can’t compute anything other than your own opinion. Are you familiar with Hanlon’s Razor? If not, Google it. And perhaps more concerning, don’t seem to have any idea about the struggles the people around you are suffering with. It doesn’t matter what you did. This is about other people. Families who will have saved for weeks, months, to afford to buy their loved ones a Rovers kit and can’t get one from the shop.

They’ll spin it, supply issues, logistics, manufacturing. You can buy it direct from Macron. But as far as I’m concerned it’s the basics and they can’t get it right. I feel really sorry for fans with little money who will spend precious pounds going to the club shop to find out unless you’re an XS or XXL there’s no kits in stock. 

In any other business if you run out of product at Christmas you are sacked. It’s a key trading time which year on year is either ignored or disregarded by the management of this club.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Chaddy, just stop, you’ve embarrassed yourself enough on this thread.

These logistical and manufacturing problems are obviously a non issue as *every other* club has plenty of kits in stock. 

If you look clubs supplied by Macron, Reading have no away or 3rd shirts on sale and only 3 sizes in home shirt. Mens Football Shirts, Mens Shirt | fanstore.readingfc.co.uk

Crystal Palace who have Marcon as kit supplier has certain sizes out of stock in home and away shirts plus no third shirt available for sale Crystal Palace Football Club - Official Online Shop (cpfc.co.uk) Stoke all sizes available. Forest has certain sizes in the home shirt not available. NFFC Adult Home Shirt 22-23 (nottinghamforest.co.uk)

So *three* examples out of the hundreds of clubs out there of some sizes not being available and not one example of home shirts not being available. Whereas we have 0 available in any size. Well worth your research on a Friday night 🤦‍♂️

Hmm, as this has been going on for years (apart from February, checks notes, 2016) maybe, just maybe there is an issue with the retail operation at BRFC. 

Why do you constantly defend the incompetents that somehow have a position at this club over wanting the best for the club itself? You need to have a long hard look at yourself.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Your empathy-less, Chaddy. Either that or just can’t compute anything other than your own opinion. Are you familiar with Hanlon’s Razor? If not, Google it. And perhaps more concerning, don’t seem to have any idea about the struggles the people around you are suffering with. It doesn’t matter what you did. This is about other people. Families who will have saved for weeks, months, to afford to buy their loved ones a Rovers kit and can’t get one from the shop.

I am fully aware of people struggling at the minute with everything going on. Yes I have great sympathy for families who have saved for weeks and months to afford to buy their loved ones a Rovers kit and can't get one from the shop

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

They’ll spin it, supply issues, logistics, manufacturing. You can buy it direct from Macron. But as far as I’m concerned it’s the basics and they can’t get it right. I feel really sorry for fans with little money who will spend precious pounds going to the club shop to find out unless you’re an XS or XXL there’s no kits in stock. 

In any other business if you run out of product at Christmas you are sacked. It’s a key trading time which year on year is either ignored or disregarded by the management of this club.

They have been massive supply, logistics and manufacturing from the far east and its almost 3 years since this problem started out there. Like I said to Mike, Rovers would have had to order stock to be delivered by Start November in February or March 2022 time to allow manufacturing and delivering time plus it would have to be worth while for macron to manufacture it. Rovers would have already ordered next season probably a month or two ago ready for delivery in June or July. 

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So *three* examples out of the hundreds of clubs out there of some sizes not being available and not one example of home shirts not being available. Whereas we have 0 available in any size. Well worth your research on a Friday night 🤦‍♂️

These clubs are supplied by the same kit supplier as us. That the key point here!  Other clubs you mentioned previously aren't supplied by our kit supplier. 

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We had no kits with Umbro for months on end pre Covid, we have no kits now. 

You can’t find any other clubs with zero kits on sale. So please, please stop making a fool of yourself.

well Matty if you feel so passionate by this subject then contact the club about it and make your feelings know about. 

I have explained to you the problems with Manufacturing, logistics and supply issues in the far east. Other people have but for some reason you simply won't accept. Anyway I will leave it there

Edited by chaddyrovers

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Matty if you feel so passionate by this subject then contact the club about it and make your feelings know about. 

I have explained to you the problems with Manufacturing, logistics and supply issues in the far east. Other people have but for some reason you simply won't accept. Anyway I will leave it there

Kits made in Italy.  Macron

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of people struggling at the minute with everything going on. Yes I have great sympathy for families who have saved for weeks and months to afford to buy their loved ones a Rovers kit and can't get one from the shop

They have been massive supply, logistics and manufacturing from the far east and its almost 3 years since this problem started out there. Like I said to Mike, Rovers would have had to order stock to be delivered by Start November in February or March 2022 time to allow manufacturing and delivering time plus it would have to be worth while for macron to manufacture it. Rovers would have already ordered next season probably a month or two ago ready for delivery in June or July. 

I bet they haven't ordered enough, again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

Macron are an Italian company but the shirts are made in China.

Correct there and has was said in the Minutes from FF meeting from October that Rovers have already had to order what they want manufacturing and delivering for next season in October. That would be 8 months time for delivery in June/July for sale. 

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I bet they haven't ordered enough, again.

If for Example purposes only if we sold 5,000 home shirt this season then I would be increase next season order by 15 to 20%. i hope Rovers do the same

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

How come I can order a full Macron set of kits from Harrisons in Leyland and they here in 1 month?

What’s that got to do with where the shirts are made. I’m not defending the club, as I don’t know what has happened, but I imagine whoever they get their shirts from has a store a lot nearer than China.

I wish I had read this thread earlier.

I phoned Roverstore on Monday and explained that I would be visiting on Tuesday to buy a shirt and wanted to make sure the shirt printing service was available as I've been to the shop in the past and had to return at a later date to get a name put on the shirt.

I was assured that printing service would be available on Tuesday. 

I duly turned up on Tuesday, after travelling a fair way, to be told there were no shirts available! You'd think they might have mentioned it on the phone!  

Apparently Macron will only supply in large quantities ( 500 of every size is the minimum order ) The club don't think they will sell in those quantities between now and the end of the season so are not ordering any. I was told that the lead time is over a month ( but I guess that would not have been a problem if they ordered more before completely selling out ). Who decided to go with Macron without knowing all this in advance ?

I wonder if the owners give a toss about this sort of thing? - You don't need to answer that.

• Like 2