BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Went for a pint with 5 or 10 minutes left in the first half yesterday and didn't get one until a couple of minutes into the second half, at which point the Amstel had run out, leaving only piss poor Fosters which I obviously had to down to get back to the game.

The bottle bar bits were unused and still no sign of pre-pouring drinks to ease the queues, plus there was also supposed to be a deal on 3 for 2, no sign of that so I am guessing that it was poorly advertised and was just a pre game thing?

At other away grounds I have yet to witness similar levels of sluggishness.

Simply unacceptable really, could it be mentioned at the next fans forum please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Went for a pint with 5 or 10 minutes left in the first half yesterday and didn't get one until a couple of minutes into the second half, at which point the Amstel had run out, leaving only piss poor Fosters which I obviously had to down to get back to the game.

The bottle bar bits were unused and still no sign of pre-pouring drinks to ease the queues, plus there was also supposed to be a deal on 3 for 2, no sign of that so I am guessing that it was poorly advertised and was just a pre game thing?

Simply unacceptable really, could it be mentioned at the next fans forum please?

is this in the Blackburn end? How much is a pint of beer now at Rovers? 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It certainly can. We’ve mentioned the pre pouring before, but SW mentioned that he felt people wouldn’t be happy with a pint that could potentially be flat. (I know, I know, just reporting back on what was said).

• Like 1

Never been a drinker at the game as always driving but gave up bothering with anything at half time a long time ago. Firing off 5 mins before HT and returning ten mins after has never appealed.

Losing 10/15 mins of football every game makes the tickets even dearer.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I always find it fascinating the ones that literally spend over half the game down there, often not even facing the TVs! May as well just stay in an actual pub with better (and cheaper) booze…

I’ve known lads travel the length and breadth of the country, go in the ground at half two and not even venture up the steps.

I find it very strange

i always think the same thing when I see blokes night fishing by themselves in December . You must hate your wife 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

If people could behave like adults then we could have actual glasses. They can't so it's got to be something disposable, non lethal and cheap.

Given the toxic holocaust that single use plastics are waging on the environment then paper cups are the most sensible option. 

Again some organisation and imagination could go a long way in this domain. But this is Blackburn Rovers, fuck all chance of that then.

My take on the drinks containers situation at the Rovers is : People where complaining that drinks were not topped up to an acceptable level. At a reasonable place, the fix would have been to ensure that the drinks were at an acceptable level for the customer. What happened at the Rovers was that the drinks containers were changed, so that the customers could not see that the drinks were not at the acceptable level.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rigger said:

My take on the drinks containers situation at the Rovers is : People where complaining that drinks were not topped up to an acceptable level. At a reasonable place, the fix would have been to ensure that the drinks were at an acceptable level for the customer. What happened at the Rovers was that the drinks containers were changed, so that the customers could not see that the drinks were not at the acceptable level.

Thank you. Illegal also.