BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I wish I had read this thread earlier.

I phoned Roverstore on Monday and explained that I would be visiting on Tuesday to buy a shirt and wanted to make sure the shirt printing service was available as I've been to the shop in the past and had to return at a later date to get a name put on the shirt.

I was assured that printing service would be available on Tuesday. 

I duly turned up on Tuesday, after travelling a fair way, to be told there were no shirts available! You'd think they might have mentioned it on the phone!  

Apparently Macron will only supply in large quantities ( 500 of every size is the minimum order ) The club don't think they will sell in those quantities between now and the end of the season so are not ordering any. I was told that the lead time is over a month ( but I guess that would not have been a problem if they ordered more before completely selling out ). Who decided to go with Macron without knowing all this in advance ?

I wonder if the owners give a toss about this sort of thing? - You don't need to answer that.

So the sycophants to whom the club can do no wrong are wrong. And the blame lies with the club who won't but them because the don't think they will sell them. And just before Christmas too.

• Like 2

If you think about it, the number of shirts the club thinks they can shift will correlate to the number of supporters they think they can atract.

If they can't be arsed with being proactive in increasing the latter, then implicitly they'll never need to increase the former, so they just lazily carry on as-is.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

Whilst not being privy to the full details, surely the original order is too low. If they increased the previous order, and then have excess stock between now and the end of the season, I’d be amazed if they couldn’t clear it at more than break even inclusive of transport. That’s how we handle China in our business. 

Edited by Hasta

If the same type of brains that see to the ticketing are in charge of the retail then no surprise whatsoever.

It's all about the targets on the balance sheet, can't hit realistic ones without putting prices down ?  Then just lower the targets, get on or around that and pat yourself on the back.

Might even be a bonus in it.

Nothing is about the fans at corner shop Ewood.

Even if you shrug your shoulders and blame everything on supply chain issues, you can’t absolve the club. They should’ve picked a better manufacturer - Macron are notoriously crap, and not agreed to such ridiculous terms that basically prevent them from restocking.

I managed to get hold of a 7-8 year olds GK shirt a couple of weeks ago. I ordered online and opted for same day click and collect… it was more than 72 hours until they actually had it ready for me to pick up. I guess that’s my own fault though somehow, can’t possibly be down to incompetence at Rovers!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They pretty much never get to Christmas with shirts in stock, every other club does. Ergo the initial order has to be too low.

If this applied to our business model, you’d be better ordering (for example) 700, selling 650 and clearing the rest for a pound, than only ordering 500. 

As a side point, I wonder how many shirts they order / have spare for the various teams to use and what happens to those shirts at the end of the season?

Im fairly sure it’s more complex than it appears to us, but consistently being out of stock at Christmas tells us whatever they are doing isn’t working.

Edited by Hasta

Where are the FFP obsessives when this sort of thing is going on?

You'd think a club hard up and desperate to boost revenues would at the very least ensure it had stock to sell in the shop in the lead up to Xmas

Conclusion? As I've been saying for years, FFP is a convenient excuse for not spending, but there's scant evidence that it is taken seriously by the club when it comes to trying to deal with it.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Even if you shrug your shoulders and blame everything on supply chain issues, you can’t absolve the club. They should’ve picked a better manufacturer - Macron are notoriously crap, and not agreed to such ridiculous terms that basically prevent them from restocking.

I managed to get hold of a 7-8 year olds GK shirt a couple of weeks ago. I ordered online and opted for same day click and collect… it was more than 72 hours until they actually had it ready for me to pick up. I guess that’s my own fault though somehow, can’t possibly be down to incompetence at Rovers!

I think Macron have delivered some of the best quality shirts in a while to be honest 

Supply chain wise - when Aston Villa were using them they didn’t have this issue 

It could have easily been avoided. Purchase enough when you have the chance to and don’t leave it until you’ve physically ran out 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think Macron have delivered some of the best quality shirts in a while to be honest 

Supply chain wise - when Aston Villa were using them they didn’t have this issue 

It could have easily been avoided. Purchase enough when you have the chance to and don’t leave it until you’ve physically ran out 

So just the absolute basics of running any business then really. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I’m not on about how they look. The quality of their materials and manufacturing process is poor and cheap. They also appear to be using Asian sizing for our kits judging by the comments from fans who have had to size up or ended up with a shirt that’s way too small.

Despite this they seem to have sold well, and people who want one are missing out. They definitely needed to order more, or at least had the option to reorder in smaller numbers than what’s stipulated in the deal.

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I see from the official site, that the 1988/89 restock has arrived.

It’s nice as well. Im eyeing up the training wear. Expensive, but I’ve moaned they didn’t do anything like this so I should really support it when they do. 

On 16/12/2022 at 09:41, Miller11 said:

I’m not on about how they look. The quality of their materials and manufacturing process is poor and cheap. They also appear to be using Asian sizing for our kits judging by the comments from fans who have had to size up or ended up with a shirt that’s way too small.

Despite this they seem to have sold well, and people who want one are missing out. They definitely needed to order more, or at least had the option to reorder in smaller numbers than what’s stipulated in the deal.

The size of 4xl is the right size and similar to none Rovers related clothes. 

6 hours ago, J*B said:

It’s nice as well. Im eyeing up the training wear. Expensive, but I’ve moaned they didn’t do anything like this so I should really support it when they do. 

It was more a comment that it has taken 33 years rather than the quality of the kit.