BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

One person on here has moaned about like he did last December if you look back through the forum thread. 

The club has met the demand and even went to 4xl in all 3 shirts this season for the first time. 

Also has mentioned on page 16 of this thread that Rovers club shop has had shirts in until nearly to the end of the season in previous seasons. 

A quite blatant lie.

Said ‘moaner’ has done so for many years, as we’ve had season after season of months on end with no shirts in stock, (and repeatedly quoting some random poster who pops in to big up the club once in a blue moon doesn’t alter that fact) nowt ever changes down there, unfortunately.

How could you possibly know that ‘demand has been met’? Do you have the figures for how many folk have had a look at the empty shelves week after week, game after game and walked straight back out buying nothing? Or who have gone online for a present and seen no shirts? 

If all demand is met by October why does every other club have shirts on sale at Christmas apart from this one? Do Rovers fans have a buying pattern unique to every other club in England?

Amazing how you actually back the incompetents running this club as they run it down, some fan you are…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

My daughter wanted the 3rd shirt for Xmas & went down with my Mum a couple of weeks ago to get one. All sold out! 

Woman in the shop said they'd been sold out for a couple of months & there were no plans for any more arriving. She did end up with the away shirt but, as she was going to ask my sister to get her that one for Xmas anyway, demand has therefore not been met & will not be.

I planned to get the home shirt after Xmas. If no more stock arrives (assuming there's none in store either) then demand has once again not been met.

Dress it up however you like, but it's piss poor & would not wash in any other retail sector nor any other football club for that matter.

Looks like the Retro shirt from on here will be getting more outings than originally planned!

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It wouldn't have any stock anyway.

plenty of stock in the club stock depending on what you want in the club shop 3 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If struggling for a counter argument, accuse poster of moaning. Classic.

I ain't struggling for any counter argument at all. If you actually look back at the poster he complained last season and again this season in December. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Said ‘moaner’ has done so for many years, as we’ve had season after season of months on end with no shirts in stock, (and repeatedly quoting some random poster who pops in to big up the club once in a blue moon doesn’t alter that fact) nowt ever changes down there, unfortunately.

So instead of complaining on brfcs like you are doing, why don't you actually make contact with Rovers club management to make your point like maybe email the Retail manager of Blackburn Rovers Tina Neil with your complaints you have? 

How could you possibly know that ‘demand has been met’? Do you have the figures for how many folk have had a look at the empty shelves week after week, game after game and walked straight back out buying nothing? Or who have gone online for a present and seen no shirts? 

I have asked Rovers fan forum to asked the club management for the figures on sales of club shirts/kit for this season and how it compares to previous seasons. 

Have the shelves been empty after a game? Maybe down to plenty of people buying products before they run out? 

Amazing how you actually back the incompetents running this club as they run it down, some fan you are…

I don't believe that the club is being run down at all, but no surprise you are attacking me cos I won't agree with your opinions. 

Is there anything the commercial side of this club can do right without random fans having to go down to their office and explain basic commerce to them?

Oh and you still haven’t explained why all our neighbours have all their shirts in stock and we have bugger all? They having theirs made in a Lancashire sweat shop instead of China?

Windy’s anecdote will have been repeated over and over again in store and online, because you know, people actually like to purchase things all year round, not just in a narrow window in August; for presents, for birthdays, for Christmas, on impulse and it is a job of a retail store to provide the products the customer wants - just like every other club can.

‘Demand has been met’, indeed. You don’t half talk some uninformed rubbish.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Called into our local chippy today. They had no potatoes so I couldn’t actually buy any chips. They said they won’t have any chips in all weekend, but they do have some pies and cans of Vimto.

It must be a great chippy if they’ve sold all of their potatoes !

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is there anything the commercial side of this club can do right without random fans having to explain basis commerce to them?

Like I said instead of complaining on here actually made contact with people at the club whether its retail manager or general manager of Blackburn Rovers? 

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Windy’s anecdote will have been repeated over and over again in store and online, because you know, people actually like to purchase things all year round, not just in a narrow window in August; for presents, for birthdays, for Christmas, on impulse and it is a job of a retail store to provide the products the customer wants - just like every other club can.

‘Demand has been met’, indeed. You don’t half talk some uninformed rubbish.

I have explained the problems with current supply from China in terms logistical, manufacturing time, etc. @Ben Frostexplained this to you last December 2021 when you again mentioned this. 

Yes maybe the club could have order some Rovers shirts to come on in November time but they would have ordered 6 to 8 months ago and a big enough order for Macron to warrant manufacturing them also. 

Ben Frost also mention to yourself last December that they were Club shirts available until the end of the season, but I guess you are dismissing this? 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said instead of complaining on here actually made contact with people at the club whether its retail manager or general manager of Blackburn Rovers? 

I have explained the problems with current supply from China in terms logistical, manufacturing time, etc. @Ben Frostexplained this to you last December 2021 when you again mentioned this. 

Yes maybe the club could have order some Rovers shirts to come on in November time but they would have ordered 6 to 8 months ago and a big enough order for Macron to warrant manufacturing them also. 

Ben Frost also mention to yourself last December that they were Club shirts available until the end of the season, but I guess you are dismissing this? 

Around April time, you decided quite strongly and clearly like us all that Mowbray needed to be sacked.

I presume that you went straight to the club at that point, rather than moaning on here?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Around April time, you decided quite strongly and clearly like us all that Mowbray needed to be sacked.

I presume that you went straight to the club at that point, rather than moaning on here?

It was already know that Mowbray was going by then anyway. I did email Rovers to asked them to make a statement to what the plan was after Mowbray and how they would go about it just after the last game of the season. 

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You finally got there in the end! Let’s hope it doesn’t take as long next time…

But you are going to accept the problems with manufacturing problems in the far east, then logistical problems and then the order has to been big enough to make it profit for Macron point of view? Plus you would use stats and use last season figures when ordering plus around 10% to 15% extra shirt. Next season shirts would have already been order and hoping in the stage of being manufacturing now.  

• Moderation Lead

On the Macron website, Rovers home shirt is available in roughly half of the sizes.

On Rovers’ website, it’s available in none of the sizes. 
So the stock clearly exists somewhere beyond where it was manufactured…

• Backroom
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what about every season prior to 2021 when we don't have shirts in stock? What's your explanation for those?

• Like 1

I don't care because of the totally wicked plastered on the front, which is a pain

I would love to buy our third kit for 7 a side football. Does anyone know if I can get it without the sponsor?

It's not so much the vaping as it is the words totally wicked and the red devil..........................................just gross.

But I have to say - for a team like Rovers to be out of shirts is a joke.

My little brother is a Villain unfortunately, and we had absolutely no issue getting him a shirt, scalf or whatever else. He doesn't mind Rovers and does wear his shirt but, guess what, I can't get him the new one this year

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

Last I heard we were short on money, needed to generate as much as possible and needed to reduce reliance on the owners for FFP reasons.

Then we find out that yet again we have insufficient stock in the shop and no plan or option to replenish the stock. So the money gets spent elsewhere.

Once again what the club say and what the club do are at complete odds. If you need every penny you can get then you ensure you have sufficient stock to last beyond September. If you don't need the money then that's strange but you have no right to use FFP as an excuse every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

I was talking to a friend this week who goes to the home games with four or five of his friends. They are all JW Upper season ticket holders and I see them on the concourse before every home game and they will normally have three or four pints each pre match and at half time. They have decided to stop this due to the price, poor service and paper cups in which their drink is served. Instead they will meet in the Old Chapel in Darwen for a few drinks and get a taxi to Ewood and back. They don't want to do this but they feel their hand is being forced by Rovers and Sodexho just not getting the basics right. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way and simply stopped spending money at Ewood on match days.

I have seen the topic of food and drink talked about many times at the Fans Forum but from what I hear things are getting worse not better.

• Moderation Lead

There’s just seemingly minimal effort and no imagination and it’s really sad. If anyone has social media, have a look at a page called ‘footy food’ and compare it to the fayre served up at Ewood. We were on there once, but not for the right reasons. 

• Like 1

The thing is, I know that Waggott has been made aware of the shambolic concourse service as I have seen the minutes in the fans forum. He has actively been given suggestions to improve it, I think he dismissed the idea of pre-pouring drinks and offered to look into bottle bars and they still remain unused.