BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also I'm assuming the decision to snub alcohol and gambling advertising comes from the owners on religious grounds as I really don't see why these are seemingly indefensible whereas a vaping Company is OK. As a non smoker I find the latter by far the most objectionable of the 3.

Wasn't sure if this was to try to broaden appeal with British Asian demographics which might show a bit of joined up thinking. Like you say I personally find the vaping sponsor more questionable than a alcohol sponsor but tbh I'd still be drawn to the highest income possible.

Once again an insight there into Waggott's focus as well. All about BWD area and next to nothing about the surrounding regions where a huge proportion of Rovers fans now live.

Ignore them at your peril.

But why should Waggott care? 

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

My Riverside season ticket in 2019-20 - £319

A Riverside ST if you bought one today - £429

A £110 price rise in 3 years, which has also seen us go through a global pandemic that will have affected many peoples lives and incomes, and then the biggest cost of living crisis in a lifetime.

Steve Waggott says in the FF meeting that he is "very conscious of the socio-economic situation in Blackburn and Darwen".

Give over, he doesn't give a stuff and anyone who believes otherwise needs there head examining.

They have, and are taking the piss.

That's pretty horrendous when presented like that no wonder it's 4/5ths empty most games.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Funny that Chaddy liked this, being in the exclusive club now.  But anyway, this is bollocks.  If a CEO obviously performs PITIFULLY in one of his key roles, it shouldn't be down to individual stakeholders (from a collective of say 15,000 - 20,000) to schedule a meeting one-by-one to tell him where he went wrong.  This isn't a corner shop selling out of date milk, it's a multi-million pound business that is failing to protect one of it's regular income streams and potentially damaging it's future success, legacy and existence!

Bolton, Burnley, Preston and BLACKPOOL have so far outsold BRFC... some by 60% or more!! That's absolutely embarrassing.  Do individuals really need to set up a meeting with the CEO to discuss it?  Fuck me, how bad is he at his job if he hasn't worked it out for himself?!

Thing is, it's not lack of nous, it's blatant disrespect and exploitation..... as I said 6 weeks ago, he's pissing up the leg of  loyal fans that would buy a season ticket even if they doubled in price overnight, simply to meet his own continuously lowered 'targets and expectations'.  It's a lazy, short-sighted, half-arsed and disrespectful approach.

I was glad to read Glen's positive feedback last week, but none of what they discussed relates to the absolute shit show that has been this ST campaign.  It's been abysmal.  Why you're telling all and sundry to sit in a room and explain that to a fella that's paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year is beyond me.

Jimmy where the hell have I said go and sit down? If one has a burning question and other routes fail to get you that answer then if it’s still burning do it yourself ! It’s pretty basic stuff and a solution to the burning question !

Where has anyone defended the issue of season tickets sales? I am sure I have not read on here such comments! 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter rubbish if you have a question and want the answer and a forum isn’t forthcoming then go directly to the person you want the answer from!

Which of the facts that I listed were rubbish? There are systems in place for the CEO to communicate with the fans.

So if the Prime Minister doesn't give a straight answer to a question in the House of Commons you would book an appointment at Downing Street ? I think you have too much time on your hands.

• Like 1

‘I don’t agree with the manager’s tactics’

’Go and arrange a meeting with him then if you have all the answers’

’These owners make one bad decision after another’

’Go and fly to Pune then’

‘Ayala’s never fit’

’Go and talk to the physio about his rehab schedule then’

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Which of the facts that I listed were rubbish? There are systems in place for the CEO to communicate with the fans.

So if the Prime Minister doesn't give a straight answer to a question in the House of Commons you would book an appointment at Downing Street ? I think you have too much time on your hands.

You could email him or his office is the clear point I made - maybe even write a letter😅

Yep if you're that desperate for answers you can always email the club and set up a one to meet with Mr Waggot.

Like certain others on here make sure you keep stum and do not reveal any details of the meet to keep your 'superior' fan status intact. 

This is a fans group after all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got down to Ewood a bit early, Club Cash burning a hole in my pocket, so headed for the shop.

To be met with a sea of grey and beige tat. Who on earth is in charge of purchasing?!

They need to have a look at the likes of the Terrace Store and even Etsy et al. The present offering is real bargain bin stuff I would expect to see on a market stall. So shoddy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Got down to Ewood a bit early, Club Cash burning a hole in my pocket, so headed for the shop.

To be met with a sea of grey and beige tat. Who on earth is in charge of purchasing?!

They need to have a look at the likes of the Terrace Store and even Etsy et al. The present offering is real bargain bin stuff I would expect to see on a market stall. So shoddy.

It's not all grey or beige. Don't forget their latest black range! Genuinely impressive how lifeless and 'chav chic' the merch is when you get past the (admittedly good) kits at the moment. Lost my blue and white halved beanie hat years ago and they've never restocked. It's always stripes or all blue. My last batch of club cash went on several bags of cola bottle sweets!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2022 at 19:51, Mattyblue said:

They need to have a look at the likes of the Terrace Store and even Etsy et al.

Maybe I should offer up more of my ideas to Swag. (No tea would be supped though, obviously!)

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

There’s a few things on this website that are abit different to what you normally see. I found our first ever shirt. Don’t know if it’s an exact replica or not

ACF46D0D-EF30-4695-B9F0-8EFC69825D7F.png

I teach the daughter of this guy coincidentally. I think it’s just stock gear with a crest added on, regardless of whether it was ever worn.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

There’s a few things on this website that are abit different to what you normally see. I found our first ever shirt. Don’t know if it’s an exact replica or not

ACF46D0D-EF30-4695-B9F0-8EFC69825D7F.png

Numerous sources say our first shirts were blue and white. For some reason one source that was written years after the formation of the club says it was a white shirt with a Maltese cross. This has been picked up on Wikipedia and has now become gospel. 

I'm not 100% but I have always been under the impression that we were blue and white 'quarters'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Numerous sources say our first shirts were blue and white. For some reason one source that was written years after the formation of the club says it was a white shirt with a Maltese cross. This has been picked up on Wikipedia and has now become gospel. 

I'm not 100% but I have always been under the impression that we were blue and white 'quarters'

Be good if one of our historians who wrote the books could give a definitive answer

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Be good if one of our historians who wrote the books could give a definitive answer

There was discussion of it in the 1874 thread a while back. Sources closer to the time said we wore blue and white. 

I have never bought into this white shirt theory, halved or 'quartered' shirts were very common back then.

• Like 2