BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

According to the minutes SW has had 'no engagement with Ryan Nyambes agent at all'. We have been led to believe that Nyambe and his agent were being greedy. How does SW know what the demands are if he has had no communication with the agent? It's a strange way to negotiate.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

According to the minutes SW has had 'no engagement with Ryan Nyambes agent at all'. We have been led to believe that Nyambe and his agent were being greedy. How does SW know what the demands are if he has had no communication with the agent? It's a strange way to negotiate.

Perhaps I have not expressed that correctly. My understanding is that Nyambe's agent has refused to talk to the club for some time now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Perhaps I have not expressed that correctly. My understanding is that Nyambe's agent has refused to talk to the club for some time now.

Can you recall how Waggott expressed it? Is your understanding is based on hearsay or fact?

Waggott says that the  Millwall match was called off because the ref was worried about the waterlogging of the pitch. He then says that the Preston match, pitch was in worse condition. That is not a reason why the Ewood pitch drainage has not been rectified, it is an outcome. If the club is not allowed to do anything about the drains because of council objections, why don't they just say so.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Waggott says that the  Millwall match was called off because the ref was worried about the waterlogging of the pitch. He then says that the Preston match, pitch was in worse condition. That is not a reason why the Ewood pitch drainage has not been rectified, it is an outcome. If the club is not allowed to do anything about the drains because of council objections, why don't they just say so.

They don't say because someone would then be accountable for doing something about it.

The fact that there's no actions taken on the minutes should tell you everything.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

'SW stated that he wanted to put out an Early Bird Season Ticket deal but some work needed to be done on pricing given the current inflationary pressures. He hoped to have a deal out to close at Easter.'

In the meantime, Burnley's Early Bird will be done and dusted by end-March with prices frozen from this season.

We all know what's coming our way...

Waggott couldn't lie straight in bed. 

I would urge anyone listening to him or reading his comments to do so with the utmost caution.

Nice to see a couple of other gems of excuses as to why things can't get done here. We can't release season tickets because of "current inflationary pressures"

Is anyone buying a word of this nonsense? He can use big words but I would hope by now most of us can see right through it. 

Bolton Wanderers, 3rd division, have had early bird season tickets on sale for a month and have sold 5,500. I don't see their chairwoman coming out with this nonsense. They just get them on sale - £219 an adult - whilst they are playing well and winning home games and sales figures show it is a good idea. 

He is just another example of a snake oil salesman who has managed to get himself into a senior position on a staggering salary by talking the talk and stays in position by doing the same at these rare meetings with fans and with his bosses whenever they come along. Paul Senior another one who could talk a good game but had precious little to show for it.

Inviting 50/60 fans into a room for a Consultation Meeting might be a Covid risk? How? This is the same club that opens hospitality lounges every home game and has hosted many indoor events including boxing, comedy nights etc. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Random point and obviously too late for the fans forum but what happened to the old PR announcer? The new one is really irritating. Also, the timer isn't on throughout now as it used to be which is annoying.

Spot on, 1-0 up in a crucial game last Saturday and half the times I looked at the scoreboard to check how long was left there was some garbage up there instead. Daft.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott couldn't lie straight in bed. 

I would urge anyone listening to him or reading his comments to do so with the utmost caution.

Nice to see a couple of other gems of excuses as to why things can't get done here. We can't release season tickets because of "current inflationary pressures"

Is anyone buying a word of this nonsense? He can use big words but I would hope by now most of us can see right through it. 

Bolton Wanderers, 3rd division, have had early bird season tickets on sale for a month and have sold 5,500. I don't see their chairwoman coming out with this nonsense. They just get them on sale - £219 an adult - whilst they are playing well and winning home games and sales figures show it is a good idea. 

He is just another example of a snake oil salesman who has managed to get himself into a senior position on a staggering salary by talking the talk and stays in position by doing the same at these rare meetings with fans and with his bosses whenever they come along. Paul Senior another one who could talk a good game but had precious little to show for it.

Inviting 50/60 fans into a room for a Consultation Meeting might be a Covid risk? How? This is the same club that opens hospitality lounges every home game and has hosted many indoor events including boxing, comedy nights etc. 

Blimey when you put it like that lol, I thought he was pretty incompetent but I can't disagree with 1 thing here.

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

Well it's come straight from the horse's mouth and more than once....

Probably insulted with the offer and being told it was that or nothing, sounds like one of the parties has blanked the other.

I know where my money is, Ryan may or may not get a better team but i bet he finds it quite easy to get a good pay rise from what hes been on.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The double decker thing looked to have done ok to be honest, must've been a thousand in the DE half.  Although essentially a buy one get one free rather than bundle.

doubt the 99er will have similar take up.

800.  Better than nowt, but some of those will have been coming anyway and just taken up that offer instead of buying a match ticket. Is it really worth the bother for such minuscule numbers over a simple £10 a ticket game and a much fuller, raucous Ewood?

How are offers like that attracting new/lapsed fans and/or helping to get big crowds into Ewood to help us get to where we all want to be?

(Though I’ll hold back some of my ire for now, as who knows they may yet see the light for a game in the run in).

Edited by Mattyblue

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/march/03/bring-a-friend-to-ewood-/

Another ticket offer with strings attached. They don't learn.

Now where have I seen this before…

681949C1-F410-41FF-A9D1-0FD21654A32A.jpeg

Why on earth can’t a floating fan just go and buy a ticket without needing to co-ordinate it with a ST holder? What about the fan who doesn’t know any ST holders, may live away from the area etc? Why are they being discriminated against and having to pay £25-£30 instead. Just bloody daft.

Last time the club themselves bemoaned that it didn’t work as an offer, yet here we are again  🤦‍♂️ 

A real greatest hits of failed schemes being resurrected this season. Just can’t fathom why they go to such complicated lengths to avoid a very simple cheap offer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

All this is just so Waggott can turn around at the end of the season and claim to have done "all he can" to increase numbers.

Of course we all know that these schemes won't work, I would hope by now even he knows.

He's building his dossier to take to India to show them his 'efforts' to grow support at Ewood.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/march/03/bring-a-friend-to-ewood-/

Another ticket offer with strings attached. They don't learn.

Good price for people who have friends that are season ticket holders. Given that the game is 3pm kick off and not a sky will be bonus for Rovers. another good deal 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good price for people who have friends that are season ticket holders. Given that the game is 3pm kick off and not a sky will be bonus for Rovers. another good deal 

But not a good price, nor a good deal, for people who don't have ST holding friends.

Why should they be penalised in favour of those who do know ST holders?

It's a ridiculous offer.

Just put them on general sale at £10/5 and stop faffing around.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Waggott wants crowds to increase, but by an amount that he is comfortable with. He'll have an idea as to how much uptake this deal is likely to have, but any minimal increase can be presented to Pune as progress and him trying his best.

The thought of a 25,000 crowd at £5 per ticket terrifies Waggott and Co. They would be goosed in the Premier League. Way out of their depth and they know it. It is only my opinion, but I believe that Waggott doesn't want promotion, nor does he want big attendances like we do.

Far be it from me to defend Waggott but this doesn't really make much sense to be honest. Why would Waggott not want promotion? I bet he stands to get a bonus just like the players if we were to pull it off. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not such a good deal for the target audience, who should be the ones that don't have much affiliation to the Rovers, but might attend if the tickets were cheap enough !