BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

It's cheap takeaway tat priced almost at restaurant prices but i suppose we'd struggle to find a football ground where this isn't the case.

When you paid a couple of quid for fries and a brew from a burger van or kiosk at the back of an old terrace you didn't expect much. It was warm and wet and filled a gap for a while, or not depending on your constitution 🤣

Now when you're paying 6 quid or over for a brew and fries in the ground you are entitled to expect something nice. Not just crap with the pleasure of eating it on the concourse or your seat.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's cheap takeaway tat priced almost at restaurant prices but i suppose we'd struggle to find a football ground where this isn't the case.

When you paid a couple of quid for fries and a brew from a burger van or kiosk at the back of an old terrace you didn't expect much. It was warm and wet and filled a gap for a while, or not depending on your constitution 🤣

Now when you're paying 6 quid or over for a brew and fries in the ground you are entitled to expect something nice. Not just crap with the pleasure of eating it on the concourse or your seat.

If you don't want the food or drink, then don't buy it.

In the Blackburn End the Guinness Surger cans are, well surged, before they are served.

In the JW before the Sheff United game they were charging over £4* for a can of Guinness Surger but didn’t have the actual surging machine. Someone in front ordered one and it looked like a pint of Ribena. When I got to the front I asked if they could actually Surge the Guness and the lad looked at me like I was speaking a different language. Piss poor.

*I don’t know what it actually cost as the screens above the kiosk area were not working and there was no price list on display.

Edited by Hasta

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you don't want the food or drink, then don't buy it.

That's still no excuse for over priced fare.

Next time iv'e rushed to get to a game and as a human being suddenly strangely feel hungry and actually need to eat, perish the thought,  i'll send out for a roast dinner instead then.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's still no excuse for over priced fare.

Next time iv'e rushed to get to a game and as a human being suddenly strangely feel hungry and actually need to eat, perish the thought,  i'll send out for a roast dinner instead then.

I doubt anyone has ever suffered because they haven't had something to eat for three hours. 

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Somewhat of an exaggeration, we won the Premier League before he arrived at the Club so something must have worked back in those days. I think I'd rather have Dalgish or  Shearer than John Williams thank you very much.

In fact I'd rather have Terry Ibbotson or  Tom Finn than John Williams. That's not a sleight on John as all were extremely able operators in their own different ways.

The contrast between those days and now is unfortunately however only too apparent with Waggott "at the wheel".

That's a fair point. Williams oversaw the running of the club through a period where we we continually finishing in the top half of the Premier League and this was after the money taps had been turned off. When he left I knew we were fucked.

• Like 1

Tried to buy some items from the club shop earlier today without success. They wanted customer number, old address information, new address information, my blood type and a hair sample........

I gave up in the end, so thats another £200 they've lost in income, that could have increased the contract offer they've given to Nyambe by 50%.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

There’s a number of websites these days that offer better quality gifts than that shambolic offering down Ewood.

Same old cheap crap for years, and now they can’t even seem to keep the big ticket item that are the kits in stock for more than a few months a year…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe because they have sold more shirts this season than over the last few that could be the answer just remember how popular the shirt designs are this season👍

I wonder if The Glazers at United are using that excuse? How about Rangers, Celtic or Liverpool?

Stop apologising for the club, it’s becoming tiresome and embarrassing. 

• Like 5

Or Burnley, Preston, Bolton and most other professional football clubs.

For someone who is supposedly repeatedly telling the club about how poor their commercial operation is, he ain’t half defending it on here…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s a number of websites these days that offer better quality gifts than that shambolic offering down Ewood.

Same old cheap crap for years, and now they can’t even seem to keep the big ticket item that are the kits in stock for more than a few months a year…

The items at the club shop have been disappointing for a while now. I like to wear Rovers t-shirts but the ones at the club shop have been of poor quality, look lazily designed and aren't priced the best. I have managed to find some good ones elsewhere.

I look at the merchandise, gifts etc available on the Liverpool, Arsenal and United store websites and think what the heck are we doing. There is so much potential merchandise that our club shop could sell, but there seems to be no imagination or will to do so.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I wonder if The Glazers at United are using that excuse? How about Rangers, Celtic or Liverpool?

Stop apologising for the club, it’s becoming tiresome and embarrassing. 

Are you seriously comparing little old Blackburn rovers versus the 3 biggest clubs in the UK?

As for thinking I am apologising you are so wide of the mark it’s yourself who is embarrassing let alone tiresome 🤬

We are a town team club punching way above its weight.

What other excuses can be offered? Ordering a further 5k home shirts and then having to take a hit 3 months down the line as 4k remain unsold ?

Rovers shirt sales this season have outweighed previous seasons and the numbers in the supply line will be based on a average sale over 3 or 4 years. It appears to me to be a sensible thing to do in these times after all especially as fans are not flocking to buy match tickets in their thousands so what makes you think they are going to suddenly splash £50 on shirts ? Even Christmas time isn’t a good enough reason to have thousands of extra shirts as simply they won’t get sold saving money ! The club don’t need me to defend them and I am not embarrassed for one minute by your comments in fact I couldn’t care less. 

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Are you seriously comparing little old Blackburn rovers versus the 3 biggest clubs in the UK?

As for thinking I am apologising you are so wide of the mark it’s yourself who is embarrassing let alone tiresome 🤬

We are a town team club punching way above its weight.

What other excuses can be offered? Ordering a further 5k home shirts and then having to take a hit 3 months down the line as 4k remain unsold ?

Rovers shirt sales this season have outweighed previous seasons and the numbers in the supply line will be based on a average sale over 3 or 4 years. It appears to me to be a sensible thing to do in these times after all especially as fans are not flocking to buy match tickets in their thousands so what makes you think they are going to suddenly splash £50 on shirts ? Even Christmas time isn’t a good enough reason to have thousands of extra shirts as simply they won’t get sold saving money ! The club don’t need me to defend them and I am not embarrassed for one minute by your comments in fact I couldn’t care less. 

Definitely the sort of thing that Waggott would have likely said!

I dont get why the shirts have to be bought in batches of 5k and indeed how you know that we would only sell 1k more? Lots of assumptions there. The shirt fiasco as mentioned seems to happen every year. Piss poor.

• Like 5