BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely the sort of thing that Waggott would have likely said!

I dont get why the shirts have to be bought in batches of 5k and indeed how you know that we would only sell 1k more? Lots of assumptions there. The shirt fiasco as mentioned seems to happen every year. Piss poor.

Can Waggot not just give Venkys a ring and get them to knock out some "replicas" 🙂

As a final say in this issue, why would Rovers commit to a massive order of shirts - a higher cumulative figure than sales averaged over a couple of years - in the knowledge they would probably not sell them all? I think that is a positive sales result, selling out a popular product, in fact its a sales dream some might say.

I get the Xmas thing but the reality is shirts are bought in the main pre season and will undoubtedly attract buyers at Xmas because normally we would still have loads left. With the style of kit on offer being attractive thats why they have proven so popular and why they are short in numbers.

Good business if you ask me

• Like 1

Once again, they run out of stock every season. They ran out of stock this season in late August, finally got them back on sale well into autumn , and have now run out again before Christmas!

But this is ‘Good business’ and ‘a sales dream’ !

Dear me, and this is from someone who supposedly has the club’s ear to tell them of their shortcomings, they must really fear your forensic examinations 🙄

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

If the club knocked your house down you'd claim it was a masterstroke. No shirts for sale in the club shop seems extremely poor, especially when we clearly need every penny we can get. I was in Cheltenham Towns club shop whilst visiting a mate, he wanted a kit for his lad and himself, his was there ready to go and his boys placed on order to be delivered within a week. A conference club shop is better organised than ours, great business.

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

. With the style of kit on offer being attractive thats why they have proven so popular and why they are short in numbers.

Exactly, This season kits have been very popular down to the design of them and how Rovers fans respond to Red and black away kit. It will be interest to see what next season away kit is and will it be popular as this season?

17 hours ago, Gav said:

I wonder if The Glazers at United are using that excuse? How about Rangers, Celtic or Liverpool?

Stop apologising for the club, it’s becoming tiresome and embarrassing. 

why compare us to 4 clubs with huge UK wide fan base? 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good business to run out of stock before christmas, now that is the mindset of someone who I think has been sweet talked by Waggott!

Why is the only alternative a "massive" further order of shirts that has already been assumed not to come close to selling out?

Well this season shirts I would say are one of most popular we have in my 30 years of supporting Blackburn Rovers. That's why I said yesterday JHRovers what is the sale figures from this season 3 kits compare to others seasons kits sales . Have you bought one this season and if not were you looking to buy one this Christmas time?

Depends on the deal with Macron and how many you have to order as a batch for them to be deliver? Rovers must have to order minimum amount for the order to be process by Macron

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly, This season kits have been very popular down to the design of them and how Rovers fans respond to Red and black away kit. It will be interest to see what next season away kit is and will it be popular as this season?

why compare us to 4 clubs with huge UK wide fan base? 

Well this season shirts I would say are one of most popular we have in my 30 years of supporting Blackburn Rovers. That's why I said yesterday JHRovers what is the sale figures from this season 3 kits compare to others seasons kits sales . Have you bought one this season and if not were you looking to buy one this Christmas time?

Depends on the deal with Macron and how many you have to order as a batch for them to be deliver? Rovers must have to order minimum amount for the order to be process by Macron

No I never buy shirts or memorabilia but that has absolutely no relevance to the point I am making.

The situation with the shirts being sold out so soon seems to happen every single year, it happened last year and it is another area of the club that is piss poor. For a club starved of revenue, we really don't help ourselves. 

Even if you tried to fob the mismanagement down to unprecedented popularity as if that would still excuse getting stock levels so wrong, it happens every year so it clearly is not that.

We can never get a scope for the popularity of any shirt because sales just go up to the very small number to which we bother to buy in.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The situation with the shirts being sold out so soon seems to happen every single year, it happened last year and it is another area of the club that is piss poor. For a club starved of revenue, we really don't help ourselves. 

Even if you tried to fob the mismanagement down to unprecedented popularity as if that would still excuse getting stock levels so wrong, it happens every year so it clearly is not that.

We can never get a scope for the popularity of any shirt because sales just go up to the very small number to which we bother to buy in.

I would say we have significant increase the kit sales figures from last season to this current season and thats why I asked does anyone know the sale figures regarding this season kits sales compare to other seasons but it appears that no one who is criticise the club has this figure but will continue to criticise Rovers over this

You never know how popular the new kits will be until they are unveil by the club. 

How are the stock level so wrong when the vast majority of fans who want the kits will have them already and we don't have any waste like trying to sell next season for example

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say we have significant increase the kit sales figures from last season to this current season and thats why I asked does anyone know the sale figures regarding this season kits sales compare to other seasons but it appears that no one who is criticise the club has this figure but will continue to criticise Rovers over this

You never know how popular the new kits will be until they are unveil by the club. 

How are the stock level so wrong when the vast majority of fans who want the kits will have them already and we don't have any waste like trying to sell next season for example

Because we are sold out so soon which clearly proves that if we had more stock, we could sell it! Beyond naive/foolish.

We could have just bought 50 of each shirt and had the same nonsensical attitude, "oh well, anyone who wants one will have one by now."

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No I never buy shirts or memorabilia but that has absolutely no relevance to the point I am making.

And explain then why there is a sale at the end of every season where you can buy a shirt for half price? There wont be that issue this year because the popularity has never been as strong. It makes good business sense as you cant just rely on a splurge of shirt sales at Xmas, alas, you might next be suggesting that we do a mean average of every fans birthday and stock up on the most popular months for birthdays!

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because we are sold out so soon which clearly proves that if we had more stock, we could sell it! Beyond naive/foolish.

We could have just bought 50 of each shirt and had the same nonsensical attitude, "oh well, anyone who wants one will have one by now."

Why would Rovers for example order 20000 shirts in the hope that we sell more when the average season sales over the past 4 years is 6500 (this is just an example and not based on exact figures)?

It isn't commercial or sensible business models. You cannot compare ticket sales to a shirt sale.

Normal , professional sport clubs don’t have their flagship merchandise product - replica kits, out of stock for months at a time, EVERY season (note how 1864 seems to keep ignoring the fact that the not particularly exciting Umbro stock was nowhere to be seen half the time either, so what was the excuse then?) !

Can’t believe what I’m reading.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Why would Rovers for example order 20000 shirts in the hope that we sell more when the average season sales over the past 4 years is 6500 (this is just an example and not based on exact figures)?

It isn't commercial or sensible business models. You cannot compare ticket sales to a shirt sale.

You are just making up random, extreme numbers to justify your defence of the club and indirectly of a man of clearly has sweet talked you.

I don't get why we would have to either order the insufficient amount that we did or a massively exaggerated number, its a strawman argument that you are putting forward out of desperation, and whenever your extreme numbers are queried, you just repeat them rather than answer as to why you are coming up with such extreme numbers.

Also, why does this seem to happen every year? Why don't we negotiate better relationships with suppliers to allow us more control?

Are those sold in sales at the end of the season (again that could be minimised with good planning and supplier relationships) still surely sold at a profit, albeit a reduced one?

Its never the clubs fault, even though other clubs seem to manage their shirt supplies far better.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You are just making up random, extreme numbers to justify your defence of the club and indirectly of a man of clearly has sweet talked you.

I don't get why we would have to either order the insufficient amount that we did or a massively exaggerated number, its a strawman argument that you are putting forward out of desperation, and whenever your extreme numbers are queried, you just repeat them rather than answer as to why you are coming up with such extreme numbers.

Also, why does this seem to happen every year? Why don't we negotiate better relationships with suppliers to allow us more control?

Are those sold in sales at the end of the season (again that could be minimised with good planning and supplier relationships) still surely sold at a profit, albeit a reduced one?

Its never the clubs fault, even though other clubs seem to manage their shirt supplies far better.

You have absolutely no idea !

The numbers i gave are a suggested example, not made up just an EXAMPLE.

BRFC and no other club out of the top 15 clubs in England would never entertain a business model where you order more shirts than you can sell (based on  average sales over a certain period). Why would the clubs shell out more money when at the end of the season they are then found selling shirts at a much lower price, taking a hit financially TWICE OVER? 

You constantly snipe that SW has somehow sweet talked me! You couldn't be further from the truth and if you knew me or ask those who do, then you might have a much clearer view.

If I defend the club, or appear to do, it is to try and negate negativity, something that you and others appear to promote rather than look objectively or at least try and find an alternative view on things at Ewood. I am never afraid to voice discontent, as i did when talking to members of the club. If I see something I don't like i will certainly outline my view.

You clearly have absolutely no idea as to how a shirt deal is done. Why do you think there isn't just one major supplier of shirts to all clubs across the globe? Every club negotiates with the shirt supplier but I am absolutely certain there are deals out there that do not give the club absolute control of shirt supplies unless of course you are a huge seller and make the firms millions. Rovers are a small fish in those terms and shirt sales are not a massive impact for smaller suppliers like Macron. 

You suggest the shirts sold at a sale rice still rake in profit, they may do but it will be minimal at best so for me, the optimum time of selling is pre season/season beginning and NOT Xmas.

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You have absolutely no idea !

The numbers i gave are a suggested example, not made up just an EXAMPLE.

BRFC and no other club out of the top 15 clubs in England would never entertain a business model where you order more shirts than you can sell (based on  average sales over a certain period). Why would the clubs shell out more money when at the end of the season they are then found selling shirts at a much lower price, taking a hit financially TWICE OVER? 

You constantly snipe that SW has somehow sweet talked me! You couldn't be further from the truth and if you knew me or ask those who do, then you might have a much clearer view.

If I defend the club, or appear to do, it is to try and negate negativity, something that you and others appear to promote rather than look objectively or at least try and find an alternative view on things at Ewood. I am never afraid to voice discontent, as i did when talking to members of the club. If I see something I don't like i will certainly outline my view.

You clearly have absolutely no idea as to how a shirt deal is done. Why do you think there isn't just one major supplier of shirts to all clubs across the globe? Every club negotiates with the shirt supplier but I am absolutely certain there are deals out there that do not give the club absolute control of shirt supplies unless of course you are a huge seller and make the firms millions. Rovers are a small fish in those terms and shirt sales are not a massive impact for smaller suppliers like Macron. 

You suggest the shirts sold at a sale rice still rake in profit, they may do but it will be minimal at best so for me, the optimum time of selling is pre season/season beginning and NOT Xmas.

You seem to think that you do have a very good idea on the inner workings of the relationship between Rovers and their supplier.

Your example was made up and was a very high figure (3x the average sales figure) as if that if we want any more shirts, we would have to buy another 13.5k. All hypothetical. I think its a fair statement to suggest that the repeated failure of the club to get anywhere close to the required levels of stock, especially when other clubs seem to manage fine is piss poor. 

Your last sentence makes no sense either. Obviously ideally, all sales would be at full price, but if a worst case scenario is still making some sort of additional profit, then why is that bad?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I was hoping we had gone past the ‘negative’ insult, but here we are.

I can’t believe what I’m reading.

Surely, no matter how much more of an idea anyone has, not having stock of something that people want to buy doesn’t make good business sense?

That would lose us money, when people wants goods that we are unable to supply?!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Does it? cos you aren't willing or buying a shirt anyway so you don't know what we could sell or whether any fans have missed out on buying one? have you seen anyone who has said they have missed out? 

How is buying just 50 shirts each from Macron cost effective for them or for us given that they are coming from the far east I believe? 

Why don't we negotiate better relationships with suppliers to allow us more control?

More control over what? 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does it? cos you aren't willing or buying a shirt anyway so you don't know what we could sell or whether any fans have missed out on buying one? have you seen anyone who has said they have missed out? 

How is buying just 50 shirts each from Macron cost effective for them or for us given that they are coming from the far east I believe? 

More control over what? 

Why would whether I am personally buying a solitary shirt make any difference in my perception of the way the club is handling shirt sales in general?

I was quite literally taking the piss with the 50 shirt suggestion as an example of how even then, you could use the same nonsensical assumption that anyone who wants a shirt will have one by now.

More control over a regular ability to ship over batches of shirts, they were delayed initially, now they haven't ordered enough nor will they be doing. It is piss poor and full of excuses that somehow people still swallow.

We are desperate to increase income yet just hide behind excuses as to our inability to increase the income streams available to us.

Why would whether I am personally buying a solitary shirt make any difference in my perception of the way the club is handling shirt sales in general?

I was quite literally taking the piss with the 50 shirt suggestion as an example of how even then, you could use the same nonsensical assumption that anyone who wants a shirt will have one by now.

Has any fan to your knowledge haven't been able to get a shirt they want currently?

There is still shirts available to buy in the club shop so anyone who wants one can still get one. 

More control over a regular ability to ship over batches of shirts, they were delayed initially, now they haven't ordered enough nor will they be doing. It is piss poor and full of excuses that somehow people still swallow.

well given the problems with supply from the far east currently affect the UK it could be weeks or months before we got any in plus also how have we not ordered enough? 

Its funny how some people will criticise the club at every opportunity. 

We are desperate to increase income yet just hide behind excuses as to our inability to increase the income streams available to us.

a few shirts sales is hardly going to increase the club income streams is it? 

The commercial team needs to increase the sponsorship and match day revenue through sensible pricing 

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has any fan to your knowledge haven't been able to get a shirt they want currently?

There is still shirts available to buy in the club shop so anyone who wants one can still get one. 

well given the problems with supply from the far east currently affect the UK it could be weeks or months before we got any in plus also how have we not ordered enough? 

Its funny how some people will criticise the club at every opportunity. 

a few shirts sales is hardly going to increase the club income streams is it? 

The commercial team needs to increase the sponsorship and match day revenue through sensible pricing 

Bit of an embellishment there, I’ll be honest!