BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, goozburger said:

I've tried a couple of times to use the Message Centre to query an online order that I made in the Roverstore. I send the message, but the query doesn't appear to be listed in the Message Centre. I've sent a couple of messages over the last week without reply. Has anybody used it with success before?

I tried using it the other day and had the same result. Nothing listed in the 'Message Centre' other than the option to create a new query. There is another 'Contact Us ' section at the bottom of the page where you have to state your name and email address. You could try that and see if you have more luck with that.

Was he challenged on the ST rationale he gave?

I.e 7,800 at inflated prices versus c13,000 (with all the additional at ground purchases that go with it) at our rivals at much more sensible levels.

If not, can this be put on the agenda for September?

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Was he challenged on the ST rationale he gave?

I.e 7,800 at inflated prices versus c13,000 (with all the additional at ground purchases that go with it) at our rivals at much more sensible levels.

If not, can this be put on the agenda for September?

He was, but, to be honest (and I don’t agree with this at all for the avoidance or doubt), he wasn’t really for budging at all on that!

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He was, but, to be honest (and I don’t agree with this at all for the avoidance or doubt), he wasn’t really for budging at all on that!

I can imagine, but it still needs to be put to him again. Especially when we see our rivals seeing many a crowd approaching 20,000 and cracking atmospheres by September to go along with the extra revenue.

He  said a while ago the club had pitched for £4 million in season ticket sales in the past , now he says £2.25 million is above the budgeted target. Also why does he keep saying these are just sales only and do not include complimentary tickets.. Did they previously  include comps  and do other clubs ?

He's put the price up again in advance of knowing it'll impact the sales so the budget is lower, he's been killing the season ticket base for years.

Sell less but charge more to cover it is his standard policy since he turned up lets just hope plenty fancy turning up game by game !

Edited by tomphil

6 minutes ago, Old Rover said:

He  said a while ago the club had pitched for £4 million in season ticket sales in the past , now he says £2.25 million is above the budgeted target. Also why does he keep saying these are just sales only and do not include complimentary tickets.. Did they previously  include comps  and do other clubs ?

Overall ticket sales that was i think hence some of the desperately stupid match by match pricing last year early doors.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He's put the price up again in advance of knowing it'll impact the sales so the budget is lower.

Sell less but charge more to cover it is his standard policy since he turned up lets just hope plenty fancy turning up game by game !

Which justifies everything he does as the ex ST holders pay him even more.

• Like 1

It's almost like he has given up on growing the season ticket numbers and is happy to take money from the 8000 or so who will turn up irrespective. For the life in me I just don't understand why a different approach wasn't taken and perhaps something radical tried. Surely it would be worth a gamble for one season. At least he can then justify 'we've tried' excuse if it doesn't work.

• Like 4

The thing that struck me, was Waggots reply to the half season ticket question. His reply being that there might be a short fall in revenue if the team are not doing well. I would say, put pressure on the manager to ensure the team does well. That answer also smacks of, well if we already have the money for a full season, does it matter if the customers are not satisfied. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He used to budget for sales of 10,000.

Standards, ay!

If the Rovers sold 10,000 season tickets at £225, They would reach the target of £2.25million. I realise this does not take into account concessions, but at the stated price, I don't think 10,000 adults is unrealistic. The concessions would then be an added bonus 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I can imagine, but it still needs to be put to him again. Especially when we see our rivals seeing many a crowd approaching 20,000 and cracking atmospheres by September to go along with the extra revenue.

Suggestion - instead of asking others to do it why don’t you send him and email or write a letter in order to get an answer?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Suggestion - instead of asking others to do it why don’t you send him and email or write a letter in order to get an answer?

Isn't asking fans questions, the point of the fans forum. Is asking through the fans forum not the correct way to do it ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because they are a *Fans*Forum, and they always ask for agenda suggestions.

But thanks for letting me know about various aspects of communication.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because they are a *Fans*Forum, and they always ask for agenda suggestions.

But thanks for letting me know about various aspects of communication.

As Khod mentioned he wasn’t forthcoming when asked, even at the forum therefore my legitimate suggestion along with your own words out together succinctly might encourage a response from him.

46 minutes ago, rigger said:

Isn't asking fans questions, the point of the fans forum. Is asking through the fans forum not the correct way to do it ?

Like was mentioned it was asked but he refrained from answering so an alternative means might be for one to make contact and ask the question! That’s the point I was making.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ll raise it again at the next one in September for sure. I was going to go with it myself, but another forum member got there first and asked the questions I wanted to ask!

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As Khod mentioned he wasn’t forthcoming when asked, even at the forum therefore my legitimate suggestion along with your own words out together succinctly might encourage a response from him.

But he will try again at the next meeting, obviously he doesn’t take Waggott’s corporate waffle at face value like some…

• Like 1