BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

The man is a fraud. 

One basic utterly blindingly obvious principle is you will lose some of your core support - deaths, change in circumstances, etc., therefore you need to be working on increasing core support all the time to make up for the losses, never mind growing the support. 

Now if I can grasp that leading a small charity, how can he running a multi million pound business not see this? Only reason why not is if it's untoward reasons. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Once again you completely miss the point in the name of defending your friend. 

Why should the fans have to point out to him that year after year his season ticket policies and pricing are a total failure. If he doesn't understand the reason for us needing to have a higher attendance then he isn't fit to do the job. His dismissive attitude and continued efforts to fleece the fans for every penny he can shows that he doesn't give a toss.

The man needs to be removed. Let him go and run someone else's business into the ground. 

Venkys out.

Exactly

He is the one accountable, the face of the company, the dude in the chair yet everyone has apparently to go grovelling in person.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Whether or not we reached his target or not I think we can all agree it’s a pathetically low ambition to hold. It’s managed decline, rather than try to really make a difference it’s just being happy to do the bare minimum it seems 

• Like 8

Frightening comments from Waggott. If we’ve exceeded the financial figure he had hoped for, despite seeing a higher percentage of young adult tickets (less than half the price of a standard ST) than expected, just how low was the forecasted number in the first place?!?!

Unacceptably low, obviously.

Despite being annoyed by the the frequent attempts at guilt tripping us, and the pleading poverty when it suits, I’m getting beyond giving a toss about the financial implications of the clubs approach to season ticket holders. I’m much more concerned about the continued erosion of the supporter base that they don’t seem remotely bothered about addressing. In fact they seem hell bent on accelerating our charge towards crowds of 7,000.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

Whether or not we reached his target or not I think we can all agree it’s a pathetically low ambition to hold. It’s managed decline, rather than try to really make a difference it’s just being happy to do the bare minimum it seems 

For which he still gets his 250 thousand nicker regardless.

• Like 1

Yep, that’s what did it for me, no actual concern about selling a paltry 7,800 STs, not far off the lowest in the whole division, and a plan re what needs to change in future.

But merely ‘well, what can you do 🤷‍♂️ At least we sold them at top whack’.

When he goes this fella will have left the club’s commercial operation in tatters… but don’t worry about it, because he’s great craic.

• Like 5

The warning signs were there last season when we began with some of the lowest gates in 30 years. Only discounted ticket games and monumental U turns on the high Cat prices when the team were in form altered that.

So basically now they've thrown their hands up in the air and it all rests on the team, do well and pull a few more in. Don't do anything and have low crowds but it's ok because we've milked that for all we can.

Short term pain with zero aim of long term gain.

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Once again you completely miss the point in the name of defending your friend. 

Why should the fans have to point out to him that year after year his season ticket policies and pricing are a total failure. If he doesn't understand the reason for us needing to have a higher attendance then he isn't fit to do the job. His dismissive attitude and continued efforts to fleece the fans for every penny he can shows that he doesn't give a toss.

The man needs to be removed. Let him go and run someone else's business into the ground. 

Venkys out.

Where am I defending anyone ? I simply pointed out to the poster to get his question in directly rather than relying on someone else! It’s pretty simple if you think about it!

As for your comment thinking I am defending him you are so far off the mark because believe me where I have found fault, where I have found questions I have sought to get answers directly in order to placate me I haven’t had to rely on any fans forum or anyone else to ask on my behalf !

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

But he will try again at the next meeting, obviously he doesn’t take Waggott’s corporate waffle at face value like some…

Rather than trying to cast aspersions try and do a bit more instead of trying to snipe Matty. If you think everyone who speaks to him doesn’t do research or learn their lines you are seriously mistaken. Sniping is easy especially from keyboard warriors it takes a little bit more to actually get to the reality and understanding of everything going on behind the scenes !

• Like 2

While tidying out the garage, I came across an old season ticket pack from 2003/4 season. A season ticket in the Blackburn End was 385 pounds. An increase of 44 pounds in 19

years...Just saying....

Edited by Doogs
  • Like 1

You have fallen for his BS, 1864, as you parrot it daily. However, I am not interested in meeting Steve bloody Waggott and listening to his corporate claptrap, so stop badgering me about it. I judge an Exec on results, not on what spin he can come out with in his office - and on that score he’s failed and failed badly, and needs to go ASAP.

If you disagree, can you outline why?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Doogs said:

While tidying out the garage, I came across an old season ticket pack from 2034 season. A season ticket in the Blackburn End was 385 pounds. An increase of 44 pounds in 20 years...Just saying....

The prices have gone up around £80 since 2019/20, probably more relevant to a fan with tough budget decisions to make.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Doogs said:

While tidying out the garage, I came across an old season ticket pack from 2003/4 season. A season ticket in the Blackburn End was 385 pounds. An increase of 44 pounds in 19

years...Just saying....

I'd be more interested to know what similar clubs to us were charging for mid table championship fare at that time, perhaps that would be a bit more relevant. 

• Like 3

Like everyone else I am aghast (but based on his track record to date not surprised) at Waggott's comments.

Ignoring concessions you really do get the impression that if he could get away with it he would rather charge 2k fans £1600 per annum than 8k fans £400. Whereas every other CEO in the Country would surely rather fill their stadium with 16k fans at £200 per head rather than 8k at £400.

Also I'm assuming the decision to snub alcohol and gambling advertising comes from the owners on religious grounds as I really don't see why these are seemingly indefensible whereas a vaping Company is OK. As a non smoker I find the latter by far the most objectionable of the 3.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Doogs said:

years...Just saying....

Premier League football and a much better quality of product at that time though tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Where am I defending anyone ? I simply pointed out to the poster to get his question in directly rather than relying on someone else! It’s pretty simple if you think about it!

As for your comment thinking I am defending him you are so far off the mark because believe me where I have found fault, where I have found questions I have sought to get answers directly in order to placate me I haven’t had to rely on any fans forum or anyone else to ask on my behalf !

So we have a fans forum which is the vehicle through which fans can put their questions to the CEO.

Rovers have a website and twitter account that they can use for reaching out to the fans and reporting news.

The club is supposed to have regular fans consultation meetings to facilitate fan engagement but they don't bother.

The CEO can talk to the local paper and radio staion whenever he likes in order to keep the fans up to date.

But no, we all have to queue up and make individual appointments to ask questions of the CEO who could give a different answer each time. What a rediculous concept. Waggott should be bending over backwards to keep the fans informed rather than the other way around.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Ok then, what questions have you asked and what responses did you get? Were the responses satisfactory? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

We were top half Premier League at that time.

And shortly after John Williams reduced the prices and we sold a lot more. And that is proof of what most of us are saying - reduce prices and sell more. Instead he knows 8000 or so will always but there and is happy to rinse them instead.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

So we have a fans forum which is the vehicle through which fans can put their questions to the CEO.

Rovers have a website and twitter account that they can use for reaching out to the fans and reporting news.

The club is supposed to have regular fans consultation meetings to facilitate fan engagement but they don't bother.

The CEO can talk to the local paper and radio staion whenever he likes in order to keep the fans up to date.

But no, we all have to queue up and make individual appointments to ask questions of the CEO who could give a different answer each time. What a rediculous concept. Waggott should be bending over backwards to keep the fans informed rather than the other way around.

What utter rubbish if you have a question and want the answer and a forum isn’t forthcoming then go directly to the person you want the answer from!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And shortly after John Williams reduced the prices and we sold a lot more. And that is proof of what most of us are saying - reduce prices and sell more. Instead he knows 8000 or so will always but there and is happy to rinse them instead.

They won't though that's the issue because it'll be 7 then 6000 and the prices will be £500 a pop to cover it. 

Steve and co will still collect their wages though.

• Like 2