BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

There's a distinct lack of understanding about the logistics involved here. It's currently a nightmare bringing goods in from the Far East. There is not only the manufacturing lead time (and minimum order quantity) to consider but the shipping lead time as well, in what is a very disrupted global shipping market. That is why the second batch of kits was delayed. They brought in a small initial batch on airfreight but that is prohibitively expensive for what is a low value product when compared with electronics etc. 

Once it became apparent that these kits were flying off the shelf far quicker than anyone could have anticipated (September / October) it would have been far too late to place an order for Christmas stock - it wouldn't have got here until Easter.

So while it might look like a cock up (and some people can't wait to portray it as such) it's actually the opposite. The kits have been a roaring success, but getting new stock in once that was known is logistically impossible. 

• Like 4

The more you buy at once surely you get a better discount which should kind of balance things out a bit. I'd suggest this being the best kit in an age and a revert to the more well known traditional look these kits were always going to fly out.

If this was a one off on the back of uniquely popular kits in the midst of a global supply chain crunch, then fair enough.

But still waiting for an answer to why we ran out pre Covid, pre Brexit throughout every season under Umbro too? Didn’t recall those kits being a ‘roaring success’…

• Like 3

I don't recall them running out tbh. The last 3 shirts I have got were all in the final weeks of the season and heavily discounted - effectively free once club cash was applied, and that includes the last two seasons (XL or XXL). Can't even remember when I paid full price for a shirt before Christmas (other than last week).

43 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I know they won't but wouldn't it be a good think to keep the same kit next season? 

They’ve already signed off the kits for next  season. They signed off this seasons and next seasons at the same time. A few of team involved have unfortunately left Rovers since - so god knows what will happen after next season. To give some context, Macron’s suggested away kit made us look like Bolton playing at home. The Rovers team created all three of this seasons kits after consulting some fans and told Macron to release these instead. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

There's a distinct lack of understanding about the logistics involved here. It's currently a nightmare bringing goods in from the Far East. There is not only the manufacturing lead time (and minimum order quantity) to consider but the shipping lead time as well, in what is a very disrupted global shipping market. That is why the second batch of kits was delayed. They brought in a small initial batch on airfreight but that is prohibitively expensive for what is a low value product when compared with electronics etc. 

Once it became apparent that these kits were flying off the shelf far quicker than anyone could have anticipated (September / October) it would have been far too late to place an order for Christmas stock - it wouldn't have got here until Easter.

So while it might look like a cock up (and some people can't wait to portray it as such) it's actually the opposite. The kits have been a roaring success, but getting new stock in once that was known is logistically impossible. 

This post of far too sensible for people who will pick fault in every single aspect of the club... also some people seem to (conveniently) forgot the 'market stall' tag given to Macron by many on here when they were announced as kit supplier.

Everybody knows the club run as huge losses, so why would they over commit on kit supply with a brand new supplier 🤷‍♂️ that's a rhetorical question by the way.   Better to sell out at full price (or minimal discount) than over ordering and having a fire sale at the end of the season to clear 'dead stock'.

I do agree that the club need to up their game on the general retail offering with leisure wear etc, but not having the volume of people buying probably makes lot of items prohibitive from a cost point of view.

• Moderation Lead

Are people really ‘finding fault with every aspect of the club’, or just specific things that concern or affect them?

This hyperbole isn’t helpful and it’s just plain divisive.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Are people really ‘finding fault with every aspect of the club’, or just specific things that concern or affect them?

This hyperbole isn’t helpful and only helps to sow the seeds of division.

talk about dramatic reaction - sowing the seeds of division 😂 get a grip!

28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This hyperbole isn’t helpful and it’s just plain divisive.

why delete my comment because YOU worded a reply incorrectly... now THAT is divisive between admin and posters.  I think the word you're looking for here is hypocrite 😂

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

why delete my comment because YOU worded a reply incorrectly... now THAT is divisive between admin and posters.  I think the word you're looking for here is hypocrite 😂

I’ve actually since unhidden it, but whatever. People aren’t criticising everything the club does, they are actually criticising certain things.

Sorry I made a mistake with my original wording though. I’ll not sleep tonight, cheers, mod’s crying.

I ‘find fault’ with certain aspects of the club, well those running it, because I love Blackburn Rovers and want the best for it, so if I think Steve Waggott is a carpet bagging charlatan well out of his depth, then I’ll say so.

Doesn’t make me ‘negative’, or mean I’m ‘not getting behind the club’, as WE are the club, these administrators are just the ones managing it until the next lot.

• Like 4

At the end of the day the club is so badly run that any slight issue is now put under a microscope. Rightfully so.

Just stop and think for a moment, we are heading into a game against Bournemouth and people are talking about how much of a massive game it is. Well, it is a massive game.

I think this situation is unacceptable. A massive game should be Manchester United or Chelsea not fucking Bournemouth. We are where we are because of the owners. Don't forget that. It is important that for every single thing they do to further wreck this club they are held to account. 

Edited by Upside Down

Lets face it, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the likes of John Williams still ran the club, or if we were, he'd be front and centre explaining the reasoning behind the decision making.

Whether its years of missed opportunities to attract new fans the the club with tickets deals, whether its the current state of the stadium or the pitch, whether its missed club sponsorship opportunities, whether its awful service on the concourse or the club shop being threadbare and closed the Saturday before the season starts when the new kit was launched, it matters not, these owners just don't care, add another £20m to the debt at the end of the season, job done....

The billionaire owners couldn't careless about the brand, they couldn't careless about the history or the people of town, thats the bottom line in all of this and it won't change until we have a change of ownership, that much is clear.

Badly advised?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Exactly one of the points I have been making and I personally experience of this cos the company I worked have had massive delay(nearly 6 months now) in uniform supply despite staff needed it and having to buy it out of their own money so they have uniform for weather. The company has repaid the money to the staff who bought they own. 

12 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I know they won't but wouldn't it be a good think to keep the same kit next season? 

Personally I would be in favour of keeping the away kit at least for 2 seasons time period. I think this season 3rd shirt/kit should be next season away kit and then release the new home shirt only next season. 

11 hours ago, J*B said:

They’ve already signed off the kits for next  season. They signed off this seasons and next seasons at the same time. A few of team involved have unfortunately left Rovers since - so god knows what will happen after next season. To give some context, Macron’s suggested away kit made us look like Bolton playing at home. The Rovers team created all three of this seasons kits after consulting some fans and told Macron to release these instead. 

JB, do you know what next season kits look like or been given any clues?

Went into the Club Shop today for the first time in quite a while to get an extra ticket for a mate up from London forthe Brum game and had a quick look around.

Seemingly no medium home kits left. About 10 medium away kits left. Now it's one thing running out of kit in March but to me running  out of kit prior to one of your main selling windows at Christmas is just gross incompetence to me no matter how you try and dress it up. Neither Covid nor supply chain issues from overseas are brand new phenomenon and I wonder if Liverpool or Manchester United have these "supply" problems and you can't get one of their shirts?

Some of the leisurewear was quite nice but the prices were frightening. Most of the stuff was min £50 going up to £65 and I put my hand on a bench jacket which was admittedly exceptionally nice but it weighed in at a whopping £150!!!

How do we expect to sell anything at those prices? We really haven't got a clue.

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Minimum stock, maximum prices.

Familiar ring to it.

Exactly that.

The game plan seems to be just promote using social media for everything. It’s noticeable how hard they push it, with out reading the room that it’s a price issue for fans, they want to spend.

Endless videos of Dack and Brereton flogging stuff, the pictures of away fans thanking them for coming, the Rovers Twitter/insta individually thanking fans for coming etc. I see what they are trying to do, but just make it affordable.