BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

13 hours ago, rigger said:

From those minutes, what information have you learned ?

Club cash need to be spent by end of December. 

Waggott explaining the match revenue from just ticket sales from 3 games. 

EFL were not happy with such packages, as it was unfair on away fans paying for more expensive one-off tickets

Personally, I think Waggott's explanation of the ticket revenue is a cop out.

All he's done is take the basic revenue numbers (average yield/ticket) from three scenarios/games and is using that as justification for not bothering to put any more effort in.

He makes no mention of any additional revenue received on the back of the increased gates (refreshments, subsequent ticket sales etc); nor does he make reference to the possibility that the people who took up the offers may well have gone on to then buy season tickets. It's quite likely that the Preston gate was supplemented by fans who took up the Sheff Utd offer, had a good time, and decided to come again.

The phrases 'loss leader' and 'speculate to accumulate' don't appear to be in his vocabulary.

Very poor IMO and symptomatic of the general malaise.

• Like 3

Because he’s just a ten a penny football administrator that goes from job to job.

He has no interest in growing the fanbase long term as he knows he won’t be here, just a focus on short term revenue, so he can attempt to hit whatever targets/bonus he is in line for.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Fan re-engagement for long term gains versus just grab what you can to hit your predicted gate receipt forecast.  Keeping yourself in your 300 grand a year job from season to season.

If it is re-engagement you are after for long term growth and income you have to bite the bullet to get it going. We've had 2 great examples of it recently if the idiot will look beyond trying to prove his point he'd rather have less at more.

£14.60 v Sheff U turning an 11/12k max gate on the back of a 0-7 embarrassment into a 17k one. Would have been more if they'd been arsed opening the top of the DE like they did on Sat.

£30 v Preston and on the back of a good run of form and the team and manager showing some ambition we get 18k.  How many returned for the Nob End game that came to the Sheff one on the discounted tickets and enjoyed it ?   

Quite a few i'd wager and it would have been more had they been more sensibly priced. So discounted tickets and good form do work hen the winds blowing in the right direction.

One thing leads to another when the team and manager are  stepping up to the plate.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s all just a bit too much effort for Swag, ain’t it. Just imagine what we could achieve off the pitch with a John Williams type.

*Sigh*

Real "can't do" person isn't he. Every time someone comes up with a positive suggestion he is there with a reason why it can't be done or might not work.

Extremely rare he comes up with an initiative off his own batt which takes everyone by surprise and which could generally be regarded as positive.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The prices of refreshments within the ground is far too much now. £3.80 for a pie is very expensive and after Preston game I won't be buying it again

Last match I went to I didn't even get served in the half time break. Christ I used to get served in that time frame when we had 25000 in the Premier league.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

More than any player, manager or coach, John Williams is the biggest loss we've ever had.

Somewhat of an exaggeration, we won the Premier League before he arrived at the Club so something must have worked back in those days. I think I'd rather have Dalgish or  Shearer than John Williams thank you very much.

In fact I'd rather have Terry Ibbotson or  Tom Finn than John Williams. That's not a sleight on John as all were extremely able operators in their own different ways.

The contrast between those days and now is unfortunately however only too apparent with Waggott "at the wheel".

7 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Last match I went to I didn't even get served in the half time break. Christ I used to get served in that time frame when we had 25000 in the Premier league.

The quality has gone downhill over the last 10 to 15 years. I much prefer to go the Chinese chippy or the burger van behind the club shop for food before a game. 

I don't like the food menu at all these days