BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

A large slice of the 14/15/16k who turned up over the last few months will not be converted to ST holders on the prices we offer.

The support IS there but they will pick and choose then pile in for the run in or odd cheap match deal.

No incentive to do anything else when brass is tight and interest is modest because of previous lack of ambition at the top.

10 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Shouldn’t the minutes accurately reflect what was said in the meeting?

ie. if K-Hod ‘went off on one’ the minutes should record this.

You’d think so, but let’s give them a right to reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

That is what I thought minutes of a meeting where

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I explained some time last week how I write the minutes and why they are not a verbatim record of what everyone says. That would be a) impossible for me to do unless I recorded the meeting and then took days to write it all up and b) fantastically tedious to read.

it was either in this thread on the ST one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That is what I thought minutes of a meeting where

I’ve been taking minutes of meetings for more than 30 years, many of them a damn sight more difficult and contentious than these and never have I written down everything that was said.

• Like 2

Get that O2G, but to have zero mention at all of ST prices (not the rise, but general pricing), probably the most pressing issue currently is a bit odd, no?

But anyway that’s bye the bye, so what was the general jist of said discussion?

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I explained some time last week how I write the minutes and why they are not a verbatim record of what everyone says. That would be a) impossible for me to do unless I recorded the meeting and then took days to write it all up and b) fantastically tedious to read.

it was either in this thread on the ST one.

Found it 😀(in the new sporting director/DoF thread)

My initial post wasn’t intended as a criticism, I was merely seeking clarification (which you’ve kindly provided)

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And seemingly never questioned by the owners so god knows how long he will stay and even then, probably replaced by someone with the same attitude.

how do any of us really know what is said between the owners and him. 

Who knows who they would replace him with? probably used a head hutting company to find one

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Maybe there is some confusion and the minutes belong to this event 😂😂

Hopefully it will be good event and well attend. I am looking forward to it 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Found it 😀(in the new sporting director/DoF thread)

My initial post wasn’t intended as a criticism, I was merely seeking clarification (which you’ve kindly provided)

You’re right, it was,

.The thread got seriously off track for a while.

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I’ve been taking minutes of meetings for more than 30 years, many of them a damn sight more difficult and contentious than these and never have I written down everything that was said.

Can I asked did anyone asked why Rovers hasn't done a ST promotional video this summer or other marketing tools like Billboards around Blackburn and Darwen area or advertising on Blackburn with Darwen buses? 

Also any discussions on what Rovers will do in the next 2 months to advertise and market ST to fans? 

• Like 1

I say kudos to the fans who go, the fans who take the notes etc.

Within the minutes it tells you the next meeting, there is a name, email and contact number so I say to those demanding answers, get down to the meeting or alternatively do as the minutes say and then you might get an answer deserving of your whinge🤫

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I have no experiance in the field of minute taking, but is what you did the correct method or not ?

You used to like going down to meetings at Ewood, 1864, didn’t you? *All sorts* of commercial improvements were on the way you told us ignorant fools.

You don’t mention them much now though… funny that 🤫

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Within the minutes it tells you the next meeting, there is a name, email and contact number so I say to those demanding answers, get down to the meeting or alternatively do as the minutes say and then you might get an answer deserving of your whinge🤫

Or an even simpler way, is just not to be bothered with the present club. For me that means not buying a season ticket. I am not really concerned what other people do.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how do any of us really know what is said between the owners and him. 

Who knows who they would replace him with? probably used a head hutting company to find one

Hopefully it will be good event and well attend. I am looking forward to it 

Its irrelevant to be honest what is said. Why hasnt he been sacked considering how low our attendances are? No questions asked.

41 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Why can you only have a whinge if you attend a meeting about chronic failings of the club?

Surely you more than anyone can testify that what we say means nothing. You went to regular meetings for over a year with Waggott, bigging him up, saying things will change albeit everything was cryptic. And now youve finally seen through it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its irrelevant to be honest what is said. Why hasnt he been sacked considering how low our attendances are? No questions asked.

of course it relevant to what is being said but none of us know what questions the owners are asking him and others at Rovers. 

ST sales are low Yes granted but what has they done to improve them is the main question. where is none social media advertising campaign. price is problem for some people and games being moved(which will only get worse in the future with the new TV deal coming in 24/25 season) is why didn't he used the extra money from Sky for being on TV last season to make ST cheaper this season. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course it relevant to what is being said but none of us know what questions the owners are asking him and others at Rovers. 

ST sales are low Yes granted but what has they done to improve them is the main question. where is none social media advertising campaign. price is problem for some people and games being moved(which will only get worse in the future with the new TV deal coming in 24/25 season) is why didn't he used the extra money from Sky for being on TV last season to make ST cheaper this season. 

Pretty simple. Ticket sales are piss poor, mainly down to price, but also not helped by advertising, matchday experience etc.

Waggott continues in his job. Either Venkys think he is doing a good job, or don't care enough to get rid. Either is a worry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Pretty simple. Ticket sales are piss poor, mainly down to price, but also not helped by advertising, matchday experience etc.

Waggott continues in his job. Either Venkys think he is doing a good job, or don't care enough to get rid. Either is a worry.

What do you mean by match day experience? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Largely agree, but I’ll wait for K-Hod and O2G’s account of the meeting.

But in reality I imagine they won’t have had a united front, as certain members of that forum won’t see these terrible sales as the fault of the club at all, but because we have ‘shit glory hunting fans who only want Prem’

Unelected, unrepresentative, more interested in their own "status" than standing up for the fans. That, at least is the impression they've given over years.

Enables the admin to pat themselves on the back and think they have a continuing dialogue wth the fans, that's the problem.

They don't.

• Like 2

I keep seeing reference to matchday experience but what exactly do people want from visiting a second tier football match ?

I couldn't give a toss about any other experience apart from the team having a go on the pitch.

Only gripe i have is the woeful prematch music on a loop that just repeats itself and sometimes makes your eardrums bleed.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you mean by match day experience? 

I was just suggesting things that people may want to be bettered as part of the overall package, whether it is food, drinks etc.

It doesn't have a major effect like price etc so don't get too hung up on that part. My point is that Venkys clearly don't either see Waggott as doing a poor job or care enough to be monitoring it properly. Either way, they haven't sacked him so a huge worry.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I was just suggesting things that people may want to be bettered as part of the overall package, whether it is food, drinks etc.

The food deffo needs improving and drinks need to be cheaper but I've and others have said this for while now. 

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesn't have a major effect like price etc so don't get too hung up on that part. 

Yes the price is a problem for some people as said for a time. 

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The food deffo needs improving and drinks need to be cheaper but I've and others have said this for while now. 

Yes the price is a problem for some people as said for a time. 

You was pretty strong in thinking that prices were fair until recently.

• Like 1