BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And lee Mack has said in the past he isn’t  a rovers fan

Not sure where you've heard that, but on one episode of Would I Lie To You he stated that he was. 

The question at the time was about why he once made a Liverpool keyring at school. He was then asked who he supported & said he made the LFC keyring because they didn't have any blue plastic - the story turned out to be true.

Edit: found the clip

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3

On 02/06/2023 at 20:18, Mattyblue said:

You used to like going down to meetings at Ewood, 1864, didn’t you? *All sorts* of commercial improvements were on the way you told us ignorant fools.

You don’t mention them much now though… funny that 🤫

Ignorant fools ? Not sure about that !

There have been changes, there are further changes happening now and no doubt will do so in the future !

My own personal gripe is that Rovers and SW still haven’t grasped how to communicate with the fan base and this is probably why there are changes behind the scene around this particular topic.

Someone also asked if I think SW is a competent CEO well in short I don’t and never have even though I understand the operating conditions he is still way off the shortfalls I highlighted to him but then again I am not a CEO just a mere concerned fan 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

There have been changes, there are further changes happening now and no doubt will do so in the future !

My own personal gripe is that Rovers and SW still haven’t grasped how to communicate with the fan base and this is probably why there are changes behind the scene around this particular topic.

Someone also asked if I think SW is a competent CEO well in short I don’t and never have even though I understand the operating conditions he is still way off the shortfalls I highlighted to him but then again I am not a CEO just a mere concerned fan 

What changes?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

There was more than one.

I'm still amazed at how anyone, especially long standing supporters, can get taken in by these charlatans. How anybody could believe a single word that venkys or one of their lackies says is beyond me.

The thing is, it's quite easy to be taken in by these chancers. They know how to play the fans by way of schmoozing, jargon and the crafty use of data to make it seem like things are going well and that bigger, more exciting plans are in the pipeline.

Whatever happened to the blueprints that the 'ambitious' swag had for the club? It's all bluster. He can't get a stitch pitch sorted out with the owners, forget ambitious blueprints.

I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning, and in no way am I suggesting the first paragraph applies to him, it doesn't. The point is more about swag. However, swag even had Glen temporarily impressed after their first meeting.

Thankfully, he took a step back, looked at the situation and saw swag for the bullshitter that he is shortly afterwards, as confirmed by their second meeting.

The wider point is that these slippery bastards are able to impress most people. If a fan goes in there with their guard down and with the belief that those on the ground are blameless and that it's all on the owners, they're toast.

Why is it that those on here who: sarcastically refer to posters as "experts", "no nowts", who tell others to do some research, or to put their cv's in, or state "I trust the experts, thanks" are all people who have had or continue to have discussions with the car salesman? That's not a coincidence, for me.

Edited by SuperBrfc

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And lee Mack has said in the past he isn’t  a rovers fan

Nah, there’s no way that’s true, I’m afraid- he’s a definite Rover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Listen there’s no shame in letting a slippery operator like him pull the wool over your eyes, how else do you think he’s lasted so long in football? 

Unfortunately the reality is, despite the flannel he fed you, is that the commercial operation of this club has regressed alarmingly under his watch, there have been ZERO positives. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J*B said:

Fourth most expensive tickets in the league. Failed on the STs sold target. Missed the top six because of goal difference after three failed signings in January. Three of our best players leave on a free. Club openly discussing having no transfer budget. Our homegrown talent linked with moves away. The first manager in years with proper credibility in the game under constant speculation about his future. The stadium looks like it could fall down in places.

To be fair, we’re due Waggott convincing a well meaning fan to tell everyone about all the good things just around the corner. 

They aren’t 4th most expensive. There are so many things wrong with the list that 2nd tier pod out out. A quick glance at the comments underneath it tell you that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laughatthedingles said:

They aren’t 4th most expensive. There are so many things wrong with the list that 2nd tier pod out out. A quick glance at the comments underneath it tell you that!

I didn’t see the original post - what are the errors?

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

I didn’t see the original post - what are the errors?

Southampton prices are wrong for a starter as they have used their loyalty price for them but not for Rovers. Very inconsistence. Also looking at that the prices for kids in non family part of the stadium are nothing more than ridiculous in my opinion.  

Season Ticket FAQ's | Southampton FC Official Site

They done the same for Sunderland by using their early bird but not the one after it like Rovers. Early bird is £390 but now £420. 

So surely they should have used our early bird price of £379. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southampton prices are wrong for a starter as they have used their loyalty price for them but not for Rovers. Very inconsistence. Also looking at that the prices for kids in non family part of the stadium are nothing more than ridiculous in my opinion.  

Season Ticket FAQ's | Southampton FC Official Site

They done the same for Sunderland by using their early bird but not the one after it like Rovers. Early bird is £390 but now £420. 

So surely they should have used our early bird price of £379. 

The graphic shows the cost of a ticket today and the link you’ve shared shows £359 for Southampton. I’m confused?

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

The graphic shows the cost of a ticket today and the link you’ve shared shows £359 for Southampton. I’m confused?

That the loyalty price not for non loyalty price. 

They have different price like early bird price for some clubs and not others. They done it for Watford used the early bird price but not us. Why not? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That the loyalty price not for non loyalty price. 

They have different price like early bird price for some clubs and not others. 

As far as I can see it was the cheapest available adult price at the time it was published, which I believe was yesterday.

Therefore Southampton is correct. 

Preston was also correct at the time of publishing, as was Rovers.

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As far as I can see it was the cheapest available adult price at the time it was published, which I believe was yesterday.

Therefore Southampton is correct. 

Preston was also correct at the time of publishing, as was Rovers.

Southampton have 2 different prices