BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well brfcs has a rep on the Forum. Have you ever communicated with him? He has certainly asked for comments.

Yes. But most replys just say wait for the minutes of the meeting. I think I am right in thinking these minutes have been approved/censored by the club. That means the comunication is from the club, not the fans forum. This may just be the view I have interpreted, please put me right if this is not the case.

Edited by rigger

• Moderation Lead
38 minutes ago, rigger said:

Am I right in saying that the Fans Forum do not converse with the fans ?

You’re not right in saying that.

I represent BRFCS on the forum and have asked for people’s questions and points to raise regularly. 

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

You’re not right in saying that.

I represent BRFCS on the forum and have asked for people’s questions and points to raise regularly. 

It is more to do with the answers the forum get, and how those answers are given to the fans.

The thing is, the fans forum isn't intended to deal with these issues.

It's bad timing that it happens to coincide with us selling one of our main assets for a pittance, there are rumours about our managers future and our squad looks very thin,

I don't really think that members being sworn to secrecy until official minutes are released is the best of looks, it makes it feel like those specific fans are privy to details no one else is allowed to know, and much of what was said about the above matters may not be relevant in the couple of weeks it usually takes for the minutes to come out, but there you go. But then again, as I said, it isn't something intended for on field matters.

• Like 1

The minutes represent a distillation of the meeting. Yes, both sides agree them but it's not a case of me, as the secretary, just accepting the club's changes to my draft. Some times we have some debate, which can mean delays at times, but generally we come to an agreement pretty quickly.

We agree collectively not to comment on what has been raised at the meeting until the minutes are agreed. This is because there have been a few issues in the past where Forum members have had conversations on message boards and social media immediately after a meeting and have conveyed completely incorrect information. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, the fans forum isn't intended to deal with these issues.

It's bad timing that it happens to coincide with us selling one of our main assets for a pittance, there are rumours about our managers future and our squad looks very thin,

I don't really think that members being sworn to secrecy until official minutes are released is the best of looks, it makes it feel like those specific fans are privy to details no one else is allowed to know, and much of what was said about the above matters may not be relevant in the couple of weeks it usually takes for the minutes to come out, but there you go. But then again, as I said, it isn't something intended for on field matters.

You're right in that originally, when John Williams set the Forum up, on field matters were off the agenda. It is only subsequently that other CEOs have been happy to answer questions and we have had managers along in the past, although not recently.

What I can say is that any release clause for Ash Phillips was not discussed last night, for the simple reason that it wasn't in the social media domain when the meeting started.

Just now, only2garners said:

You're right in that originally, when John Williams set the Forum up, on field matters were off the agenda. It is only subsequently that other CEOs have been happy to answer questions and we have had managers along in the past, although not recently.

What I can say is that any release clause for Ash Phillips was not discussed last night, for the simple reason that it wasn't in the social media domain when the meeting started.

Again without going into details, was the offerings in the concourse on the agenda?

Was hoping that Preston's changes may be replicated with it being Sodexo.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Again without going into details, was the offerings in the concourse on the agenda?

Was hoping that Preston's changes may be replicated with it being Sodexo.

No it wasn't. We have regularly talked about catering at Forum meetings - for many on here the standard of pies was thought to be all we talked about. But not last night.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, only2garners said:

No it wasn't. We have regularly talked about catering at Forum meetings - for many on here the standard of pies was thought to be all we talked about. But not last night.

I thought it was the heat of the pies!