BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Is the £20 off the Leeds price, officially stated anywhere ?

No, mainly because there is no confirmation that Leeds will charge us £45. The discount will I assume be the gap between that number and £25. The club might not know that for a good while.

Whilst Wednesday have some categories over £50 they have a lot of lower categories as well so the gap is likely to be smaller for us.

17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It’s not quite spelled out yet but the aim is I think to not have any 1875 members pay more than £25 for a home game ticket whilst also matching whatever Leeds, Wednesday and any others charge our fans.

Am I reading this right?

So because Leeds may charge Rovers fans over £40 for a ticket, for the return game Waggot is also going to charge Rovers fans over £40 per ticket?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Am I reading this right?

So because Leeds may charge Rovers fans over £40 for a ticket, for the return game Waggot is also going to charge Rovers fans over £40 per ticket?

Only the ones that weren't willing to pay the exorbitant season ticket prices.

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No, mainly because there is no confirmation that Leeds will charge us £45. The discount will I assume be the gap between that number and £25. The club might not know that for a good while.

Whilst Wednesday have some categories over £50 they have a lot of lower categories as well so the gap is likely to be smaller for us.

Heard on Talksport the other day, the £47  away ticket at Leeds is just the starting point. 

The journo said that Leeds will look to do a "deal" with every other club. He said that if you end up paying the full whack, it will be the fault of Leeds AND your own club. So if Rovers agree a cheaper price, Leeds will reciprocate. 

Sorry if it's already been said. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But Swag ain't gonna do that is he.

To be fair, I hadn't really thought of it from Leeds' point of view until I heard that discussion. 

It's their way of protecting their own fans from being fleeced, which we all know would definitely happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

To be fair, I hadn't really thought of it from Leeds' point of view until I heard that discussion. 

It's their way of protecting their own fans from being fleeced, which we all know would definitely happen. 

I remember in the Kean days going to Leeds and paying nearly £40. This is nothing new from them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Don’t clubs need to have their pricing plans with the EFL by the end of June?

Also, wouldn’t that idea fall foul of the below regulation?

IMG_1138.thumb.jpeg.a639bd8c45a00db071052dc08163477a.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

So around 8,500? That makes me feel slightly better about my estimate. 😄The press releases saying "around 8,000" must be out of date. Strange.

The figure that Fraser Read gave us as at Tuesday evening was 8,227.

I'm still trying to work out the difference between basic 1875 Membership and 1875+ Membership.

It looks to me that the latter costs £40 extra, with the only noticeable benefit being that you get 'audio commentary'. Given the vast majority of potential purchasers will be season ticket holders I don't really know what benefit that brings. Are people going to listen to 'audio commentary' whilst sat in the crowd on the BBE? Or is it for away games in which case why not just listen to Radio Lancashire?

I'm also not clear - do + members get priority over normal members when it comes to buying tickets as surely they will need their own priority window??

So conceivably it could be:

+ members and season ticket holders

normal members and season ticket holders

+ members not season ticket holders

normal members not season ticket holders

everyone else

Getting very complicated this buying a ticket routine. The pitfalls of trying every trick in the book to screw your own fans out of money, it gets hard to keep track and cover all eventualitiies.

"Are people going to listen to 'audio commentary' whilst sat in the crowd on the BBE?"

I assume just about nobody does that at the moment - presumably getting enough signal to make it work will be an issue.

As it happens I take a friend to games who is getting close to losing all his sight. He is registered blind and the club provide him with a free headset to listen to the club commentary on match days. He obviously really values this but I doubt it's something that could be offered widely.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But 4 whole hundred up on this time last year. 

What a salesman he is 👌

I take it back. What a fucking legend maggot is. I hope he stays for another 20 years, what a top top operator he is.

We don't know how good we've got it.

Fucking shit fans.

A word of advice to anyone bothering getting the 1875 membership,

If you look on the twitter advertisement it states you get 20% of matchday hospitality. If you look on the club website it is only 15% off matchday hospitality.

Yes that's how ad hoc and made up this whole thing is.

• Like 1