BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From my own point of view I think the season ticket prices are fair but others point of view it isn't a fair price. 

When you argue "fair" its not an absolute. You can only judge the fairness by comparison with clubs around us who live in the same economy.

On that basis its not fair at all and the low sales prove it.

How can the price of something be deemed fair to one person, but not fair to others?

The price of something for sale, whatever that something is, is either value for money (fair price) or otherwise (unfair price), irrespective of the wherewithall of the buyer.

'Fairness' is being confused here with the ability of someone who can afford a ST, versus those who can't.

• Like 1

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

How can the price of something be deemed fair to one person, but not fair to others?

The price of something for sale, whatever that something is, is either value for money (fair price) or otherwise (unfair price), irrespective of the wherewithall of the buyer.

'Fairness' is being confused here with the ability of someone to afford a ST, versus those who can't.

It's called pricing to your market and that's what Bolton and PNE do and even Burnley with these clubs early bird deals.

Waggot operates reverse psychology on this by chirping oh look they've a lot more but their income is the same or a bit less than ours.

Missing several points by a wide margin.

• Like 2

So on season tickets, the club say there has been year on year growth since they’ve been in post. Last season they had the highest number of ST since relegated from PL and most income from their sales.

When they have done match ticket promotions (£10/£15) the attendence hasn’t increased enough to cover the cost of what they’re ‘losing’ out on having it at £20/£25 and therefore it’s a massive risk for them to drop STs significantly as the proof that price sigjificantly increases attendence isn’t there. Everyone says “I’d go if it was half price” but then when it is “well it was a Tuesday”, “it was on tv”. If you want to make a case for them being half price and we’d double the attendance, when they do a half price offer next season, make sure the attendance is doubled!!

That said STs have been reduced, mine by £20 and if you renewed after the early bird last season then you’ve had a chance to renew at a saving of £50 this year. They’ve also listened and got them out early, they’ve given 2 pay days like we asked and there is the option of paying over 10 months. I’d say they’ve done quite a bit this year to be fair. As the man overseeing the budget, if Waggott halves the ticket prices he would have to double the income. Would we get 14,000 ST? We barely got that when tickets were slashed for certain games last season.

My season ticket has cost me £16.50 a game, I’d say that’s a good deal. What I massively disagreed with was the idea they go up if we do. I think  that is a bonkers decision as the money we get from the PL should be used to trial a reduced ST price. The counter argument will be though, let’s say they halved them in the PL, are those fans are only getting STs because we’re in the Prem and it’s also a hard sell to put prices back up when you’re back in the Champ. Imagine the backlash then “oh we’ve gone down and now they want double the price for tickets”. We’d then be left with half the income we are now from them. 

Edited by laughatthedingles

Complete fabrication that it’s the best sales since the PL , that’s its ‘year on year growth’, as previous FF minutes show. 

Lying is another thing they are crap at. 

We’ve sold a pitiful 7,300 STs, there is no sugar coating it, they are quite obviously wrongly priced.

And I don’t understand your match pricing point, Norwich and Luton saw big increases in the gate, as did Bournemouth last season. They very much do work, those offers are done to get a big crowd in at crucial points in the run in, not to bring in big revenue. But they are a secondary issue to getting STs right.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

'Fairness' is being confused here with the ability of someone who can afford a ST, versus those who can't.

I consider the price to be value for money because it’s a figure I’d be happy to pay.

I don’t consider it a fair price as I know it’s a figure many can’t afford to pay.

Edited by wilsdenrover

25 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I consider the price to be value for money because it’s a figure I’d be happy to pay.

I don’t consider it a fair price as I know it’s a figure many can’t afford to pay.

I pay it because I'm lucky enough to be able to do so, but I don't consider it value for money nor a fair price.

More fool me, you might say.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Cos I think its fair reasonable price and value for money. Its my main social activity now. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Exactly!

what would you like to see that Josh? 

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You used to like going down to meetings at Ewood, 1864, didn’t you? *All sorts* of commercial improvements were on the way you told us ignorant fools.

You don’t mention them much now though… funny that 🤫

Whatever happened to , was it Darrenrover?  Who said changes were afoot, welched on his bets and disappeared?

41 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Funny how these posters who professed to have all this knowledge about big changes afoot at the club would fall silent when simply asked the question - what changes, when will we see these changes? 

I'm still waiting for an answer. 

We ARE the Rovers!!!!

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Funny how these posters who professed to have all this knowledge about big changes afoot at the club would fall silent when simply asked the question - what changes, when will we see these changes? 

I'm still waiting for an answer. 

Unfortunately, said poster is  now permanently banned, so we may never hear the fruits of his labour.

R.I.P speaking in riddles with no substance on here….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Unfortunately, said poster is  now permanently banned, so we may never hear the fruits of his labour.

R.I.P speaking in riddles with no substance on here….

There was more than one.

I'm still amazed at how anyone, especially long standing supporters, can get taken in by these charlatans. How anybody could believe a single word that venkys or one of their lackies says is beyond me.