BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

I bumped in to Steve Waggott today & discussed a few things...

One interesting development is that a safe standing area & unreserved seating area are being explored, with possible areas identified. Both of which have been discussed with the Fans Forum.

22 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

One interesting development is that a safe standing area & unreserved seating area are being explored, with possible areas identified. Both of which have been discussed with the Fans Forum.

Did he mention anything about all the rumours and how false they are? More to the point did he even know about the rumours?

3 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

This is such a bad post. 

No one cares about safe standing at this current moment.

What about JDT transfers etc

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Never saw the appeal of standing at a football match.

Not old enough to have ever experienced it (only ever known seating), maybe that's why.

Used to enjoy it as a kid at Springfield park. Not done it for a very long time until we went to burton Albion in the promotion season. I was looking forward to it. Once I was there , i was swaying up and down a few rows with the tide and couldn’t go for a wee i soon realised it was fun as a novelty but wouldn’t fancy that every week 

• Like 1

Also, for non-season ticket holders it may be worth investing in an 1875 membership if you're planning on going to the Leeds game.

He's matching Leeds price of £45 but mentioned a £20 discount for members (and I presume ST holders buying extra tickets).

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

Never saw the appeal of standing at a football match.

Not old enough to have ever experienced it (only ever known seating), maybe that's why.

I would suggest a visit to Dortmund to sample the yellow wall.

2 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Also, for non-season ticket holders it may be worth investing in an 1875 membership if you're planning on going to the Leeds game.

He's matching Leeds price of £45 but mentioned a £20 discount for members (and I presume ST holders buying extra tickets).

What a guy he is, always thinking of us Rovers supporters. 💙🤍

• Like 1

In truth the discussion on standing is at both ends. A number want to be able to stand legitimately all the time and equally a number want to be able to sit and watch and get irritated by others standing in front of them. The working group is aimed to provide a solution that leaves everyone happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

That was not in the advert for the 1875 membership.

4 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

It’s not quite spelled out yet but the aim is I think to not have any 1875 members pay more than £25 for a home game ticket whilst also matching whatever Leeds, Wednesday and any others charge our fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

In truth the discussion on standing is at both ends. A number want to be able to stand legitimately all the time and equally a number want to be able to sit and watch and get irritated by others standing in front of them. The working group is aimed to provide a solution that leaves everyone happy.

I was quite surprised how advanced the plans were tbh.

Can I ask though - is there a mix within the working group of fans who want to stand & others who want to sit?

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

That was not in the advert for the 1875 membership.

I don’t think I recorded it in the minutes (which should be out tomorrow), but Steve Waggott did say as much on Tuesday and obviously he has told Ben the same.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

It’s not quite spelled out yet but the aim is I think to not have any 1875 members pay more than £25 for a home game ticket whilst also matching whatever Leeds, Wednesday and any others charge our fans.

Yeah he said he hasn't published all the price categories yet.

Yes now you mention it he said about Sheff W too as apparently their prices are similar to Leeds.

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I don’t think I recorded it in the minutes (which should be out tomorrow), but Steve Waggott did say as much on Tuesday and obviously he has told Ben the same.

Is the £20 off the Leeds price, officially stated anywhere ? To tell you the truth I don't trust a word Waggott says. I wouldn't put it past him to promise the £20 offer, then deny it when tickets for the Leeds game go on sale.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

He also confirmed that around 7k ST's were sold at the lower price & around 1.5k since.

I asked does increasing the price not prove that sales will take a hit? He said he wanted to keep it at the lower price for as long as possible but the owners were pushing for the increase as soon as possible (budgets). He said it's the highest total since he's been here & is hoping for 10k in total!

• Like 1