BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As difficult as it might be to believe, I do like Armstrong. I just think getting to the top of the charts went to his head and impacted his game. In a proper system I think he could excel. He is young too, so plenty of scope and time to improve his all round game. Not under Mowbray though. It's not balanced with him as a lone front man. Even the top teams who play one up top have players that contribute far more, including the basics of work rate. 

I would tend to agree with this, and I would also like to see Arma play alongside a big forward as I think he would really thrive in that scenario.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did Johnson say it? And even if he did, and it turns out that his performance in that one game did cause team mates to argue, as is common I am sure, you then rabbled on with a theory you had as to the exact conversation, including Armstrong seemingly then going on to further enrage his team mates by telling them that he only cares about being top scorer!

I never said it would, but not having his goals will make us even less equipped to go up. Not that we "carry" him anyway. 

I presume blocked shots count yes, included as part of your favourite 56 shot line, so those stats show that he isnt taking shots to the extent whereby his impressive goal tally is a disproportionately low percentage of those shots. And when he takes shots, more often than not he hits the target.

Im sure he would, but it was just an extreme example of how many strikers by their very nature are selfish creatures. 

If that's true and he has taken 56 more shots than the next player, then how would that correlate with a good conversion rate? Unless I'm missing something? 

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If that's true and he has taken 56 more shots than the next player, then how would that correlate with a good conversion rate? Unless I'm missing something? 

Stats have their limitations for sure, but I believe goal conversion is goals taken to shots taken, and shot accuracy is how often they get their shots on target.

I have never claimed that Armstrong is clinical or ruthless in front of goals, or that he hasnt got selfishness in his make up, although I dont see that as a solely negative trait.

But looking at that from BBC, his goal conversion is fairly normal, he takes more shots and he scores more goals proportionately to that. Not far off a goal every 5 shots. The attacking player who stands out as poor in that regards is Brereton, which I can understand, he scores 1 every 9 shots. I felt he was our biggest threat for example v Reading but none of his shots ever looked like scoring.

His shot accuracy shows that for every 10 shots, 6 hit the target. Only Dolan from much less shots has the same accuracy, everyone else misses the target more often.

For me, the primary stat is the goals scored one anyway.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I would tend to agree with this, and I would also like to see Arma play alongside a big forward as I think he would really thrive in that scenario.

I'd like to see this just once -

Kaminski.

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas.

Travis.

Dolan, Dack, Elliot.

Armstrong, Gallagher.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd like to see this just once -

Kaminski.

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas.